What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrestling is sad

abpanther

Staff member
I used to love wrestling when I was younger, I grew up watching Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, etc.

Then through my early teens I really got into it when Stone Cold and the Rock carried the franchise.

However I found that after WCW disappeared the whole product fell apart, it felt like they were just re-hashing the same plots with different people all the time, the divas thing took off which was really annoying and there was no-one to take over the void left by the Rock and Stone Cold.

I completely understand those who still love it, I spent plenty of hours entertained by the WWF, however I now can no longer get into it anymore, dunno why...

Lynch

Juniors
guys, this guy shouldnt be taken seriously, theres no need to get all upset. 95% of you take things way too seriously. this dude came on the nfl board and claimed Steven Jackson is better than Ladanian Tomlinson. LOL! im pretty sure hes either a fake account to annoy people, or a kid.
pfft, i never claimed SJ was better than LT!
i said at the start of the season (maybe 2-3 games in) that he is atop 5 RB this year, which i still believe.he just hasnt performed/injured.
then ppl started analysing and guestimating about my prejeduce and al that sh*t. and yes im 17 so what?
so what if i dont like wrestling?

abpanther

Staff member
so what if i dont like wrestling?

Nothing wrong with that, everyone has their own opinions. But when you come into a wrestling forum and start talking about how 'wrestling is sad' then you will obviously not be very popular. If you don't like it fine, just don't watch it :D

Lynch

Juniors
Ric Flair Retired didn't die fake his death he just left on his own accord ... says alot about this thread starter when he doesn't have a clue..
you idiot i was talking about Vince McMan or w/e his name is!
then after Chris Benoit died he came out saying that he wasnt really dead.
and remember when they showed Vince's flaming car on the big screen to the audience in WWF -LOL!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcPX_V7E3dk&feature=related:lol::lol:
check that out if u didnt catch it!:lol:

IanG

Coach
Well whilst I agree to an extent with the argument. Mainly because for me the wrestling I like is the actual wrestling (as in the in ring action) raher than the rubbish soap opera bit in between. Maybe it's why I like the local wrestling as well cuz that's what it's focused on(in ring wrestling)

Eelementary

Post Whore
Personally, I always loved the weird, eccentric storylines and characters. I hate today's brand of wrestling - John Smith versus Jonathan Jones, simply because Jones told Smith a bad joke. And there's your feud.

It's...Uninspiring.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Personally, I always loved the weird, eccentric storylines and characters. I hate today's brand of wrestling - John Smith versus Jonathan Jones, simply because Jones told Smith a bad joke. And there's your feud.

It's...Uninspiring.

Yeah and the Jericho/Michaels fued wasn't good at all :roll:

When you have guys like Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Edge, Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, HHH etc still wrestling, you know that the business is still alive and healthy.

To the op,

As far as wrestling being "fake", it is more along the lines of being scripted. The in ring "stunts" that the wrestlers perform take a toll on the body and the athletics involved in the wrestling itself is on par with any sport in the world. Not only that but they have to keep in good shape too. The pain is quite often real and yes, the punches are the generally the most fake thing in a wrestlers moveset but get over it. There are plenty of other spots in a match. People get injured in wrestling all the time. Just recently in a ladder match Jericho had a tooth knocked out, randy orton broke his collarbone because he had to avoid steel steps on his way down and cena had to get surgery... ALL THIS YEAR. So mate shut the f**k up.

http://www.wrestlinggonewrong.com/WGWnew/pages/wwe.html

Watch some of these, wrestling is more hardcore than a nintendo character running around with a plastic looking sword in the wind waker. It is an alright game but you seriously need a better judge of character in terms of reality.

Even if no one gets injured, it is still athletic on it's own. Obviously the WWE is a males soap opera. You aren't revealing anything that no one didn't know before.

If you are going to be a troll, at least be a more informed and intelligent one.

The only person that is sad here my friend is you.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah and the Jericho/Michaels fued wasn't good at all :roll:

When you have guys like Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Edge, Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, HHH etc still wrestling, you know that the business is still alive and healthy.

To the op,

As far as wrestling being "fake", it is more along the lines of being scripted. The in ring "stunts" that the wrestlers perform take a toll on the body and the athletics involved in the wrestling itself is on par with any sport in the world. Not only that but they have to keep in good shape too. The pain is quite often real and yes, the punches are the generally the most fake thing in a wrestlers moveset but get over it. There are plenty of other spots in a match. People get injured in wrestling all the time. Just recently in a ladder match Jericho had a tooth knocked out, randy orton broke his collarbone because he had to avoid steel steps on his way down and cena had to get surgery... ALL THIS YEAR. So mate shut the f**k up.

http://www.wrestlinggonewrong.com/WGWnew/pages/wwe.html

Watch some of these, wrestling is more hardcore than a nintendo character running around with a plastic looking sword in the wind waker. It is an alright game but you seriously need a better judge of character in terms of reality.

Even if no one gets injured, it is still athletic on it's own. Obviously the WWE is a males soap opera. You aren't revealing anything that no one didn't know before.

If you are going to be a troll, at least be a more informed and intelligent one.

The only person that is sad here my friend is you.

No, in fact it wasn't good at all. From the very start you knew Michaels was going to come out on top. If that floats your boat then so be it.

But the fact is wrestling was way better 10, even 15 years ago.

And don't you dare compare Edge, Orton, and especially Jeff "I can't f**king wrestle or even do a proper bump" Hardy to the likes of The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Bret Hart.

Bumble

First Grade
No, in fact it wasn't good at all. From the very start you knew Michaels was going to come out on top. If that floats your boat then so be it.

And don't you dare compare Edge, Orton, and especially Jeff "I can't f**king wrestle or even do a proper bump" Hardy to the likes of The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Bret Hart.

Erm, correct me if I'm wrong but Jericho beat HBK in a ladder match and in the last man standing match which was the last match in their feud.

And as for that last part, "don't you dare"? :lol: Edge and Orton are the two most talented superstars in the WWE today. Obviously not at the level of Rock or Austin yet but give it time. Randy Orton will retire as the best babyface in the history of the WWE.

Swiftstylez

Bench

You are a small minority of the IWC that doesn't think that HBK and Jericho had a set of good fued's and good matches. This upcoming raw is quite a good one as well, and this Cena/Jericho fued is looking like a good one too.

I actually wonder if you have watched wrestling, at least consistently? Jeff Hardy takes awesome bumps, please point me in the direction of anything that suggests otherwise...? I am not a HUGE Edge fan, but he has his support, and puhlease... Orton is the entire package of what a cocky heel should be. Stone cold and The Rock were awesome entertainers, but the both of them weren't the epitome of technical or interesting wrestling. That isn't to say they were bad, but Orton and Jericho are as good if not better. I do love The Rock and Stone Cold for what they've done though, hell, Stone Cold was who got me into wrestling until he walked out and left the company and I was forced to find a new favorite. When he returned though I was 100 percent jerichoholic so it wasn't as exciting. I wasn't around in the Bret Hart era to comment on it.

Jericho went over HBK in all of the matches after their first one... in a last man standind match and also a ladder match, both for the world heavyweight champion. Not that the winner of the fued makes a difference, however, as Bumble says you are completely wrong.

Which leads me to the question again, do you even follow wrestling? Because the match HBK won in was ages ago. Also mate, stop living in the past. If you hate the WWE that much these days go and watch TNA or something. Not ALL wrestling can suck. You are like one of those elderly or older generation that always say that music of their day was so much better than it is now. Please.

Also, Bumble, You mean heel right? Because imo he makes a much better heel than face.

Last edited:

Was it though...I think people who think the Monday Night Wars was absolutely flawless are living in lala land. It is what it is, it was what it was. ECW in the 90s was the only true revolutionary product, and ROH nowadays is the only product in the US that actually does things differently

It is pure escapism and doesn't pretend to be otherwise. In actual fact the scripts are given to the wrestlers and their careers depend on how well they create their feuds. It is completely adlibbed. Jericho and Michaels have been untterly superb in selling their feud. Bring back the attitude era. ManKind was a lunatic who impaled himself on thumbtacks. That Hell in a cell match with taker in 1998 was just awesome. Foley is lucky he wasn't killed.

Bring back the attitude era
Yeah with untalented mid carders, joke hardcore matches and McMahon/Austin shoved down our throats week in week out. Woo go Attitude era. Seriously, its overrated as.

Latest posts