What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrestling is sad

mozza91

Coach
Raven is one of the best minds in the history of professional wrestling. He knew how to work a match, tell a story and cut awesome promos. he was a unique character and was fricken amazing when he was at his best. You call him a pathetic drug addict, yet you love HBK to death...hmmm
You forget
HBK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Raven

I find Triple H piss boring on the mic to be honest.

Another couple I should probably have put in are Curt Hennig and Eddie Guerrero

Swiftstylez

Bench
Maybe you should learn to stop jumping to conclusions. I didn't say they didn't put on good matches. I said their booking was boring.

Right...Edge and Orton are the epitome of technical wrestling? And did you ever even watch SCSA before Owen broke his neck? You might wanna brush up on that before you try to prove how much better you are.

And I'll say whatever I want. It's a forum. But for your tiny, pathetic brain, I'll elaborate: I do enjoy wrestling. You can spout your bullsh*t, "Hehe I'm an immature f**kwit who knows more than you teeheehee", but the fact remains that I have been into wrestling for 12 years. And the trend has been in the past few years to do away with the gimmicks. That was the big part of the entertainment for me - that is partially why I always found The Undertaker so intriguing. His gimmick. It's no secret that today's wrestling is shying away from that; wrestlers are being encouraged to do away with gimmicks and be more real. Case in point - Kevin Thorne. He had the whole vampire gimmick happening and was starting to get reactions from the crowd. But, much like what happened to him when he was Mordecai, it soon got benched. Instead, we see people like Atlas Ortiz. No unique skills, no unique look...He's bland and generic.

But then, I understand if that would be too much for you to take in.

How's the Hagan support going?

At what point did I say you couldn't speak your mind? Wow, you have watched wrestling three years longer than I have. Judging by the fact you didn't know Jericho went over michaels, I think that the pedanticness of which one watches and follows wrestling comes into play, if you want to restort to being an asshole.

The boogeyman isn't farfetched enough for you? Hornswoggle? Those type of unrealistic gimmicks will never draw these days. I actually liked Paul Burchill's pirate gimmick but it would have never been taken seriously in the long run. All of these out of the ordinary gimmicks never go further than mid card.

For example, A vampire gimmick now would work because of twilight, as the paul burchill gimmick did because of pirates of the carribean. But once the initial hype fades away, their reactions die down and they aren't taken as seriously. Kane is a good example of this, no one can relate to him. The undertaker is a very special exception.

People want to relate to the characters that the WWE put on screen...

I value Morrison, Orton and Jericho way above edge tbh. But I know that he has his following out there.

Who is really the immature one when you are restorting to paying out my intelligence for having an opinion? Depraved, really.

You really have to work on not being so precious.

There is plenty of attitude in the wrestlers of today. Have you noticed that the no-name people with no background story never make it big?
I don't even know what you are watching if you think that you have two uninspired everyday joes pitted up against each other. You are delusional. You don't see Kevin Thorn'es and Atlas Ortiz's headlining wrestlemania.

You said that the jericho/hbk fued "Wasnt good at all". That means from every standpoint, do not twist your own words. Even so, how was it not well booked? LOL The crowd was eating it up, and it played on emotions very well. They capped it off with a series of very good matches, and even though you admitted you thought you knew michaels was going to come out on top, he didn't. So it must have been booked fairly well, am I right? I have a bucket of straws with your name on it, if you want to give them a clutch.

Mate, you have no idea LOL

You are the one that is talking sh*t about bland characters when all the good ones have a lot of dimensions.

For eg:

Randy Orton. A REAL name. Not your average person. He is caniving, evil, and malicious. He will do whatever it takes to win a match and will
no respect for his opponent. He is arrogant and is dubbed as a viper, and is calculating and ruthless in his vicious disections of his opponents. He has little emotion, as shown within his cold eyes. He is a 3rd generation superstar.

What do you want him to do, actually come out to the ring dressed up as a viper? Vince Mcmahon wants the WWE to come across as realistic entertainment, and that is just plain f**king stupid

What about Stone Cold? How is that a supernatural gimmick? A guy the loves drinking beer? Yeah mate, you are going against yourself here. Real characters work better. You just want an excuse to whinge. Simple: if you don't like it don't watch it. Sure the supernatural gimmicks work sometimes, but you don't need everyone to have one for the product to work. The WWE isn't a sci fi.

I have better things to be doing than arguing with someone who doesn't like wrestling. Yes, I said it again, doesn't like it. I'd rather just be the "mature" one and go and enjoy it. You know you have lost an arguement anyway when you start resorting to uninspiring and capricious personal attacks about someone you don't even know on an internet forum, rather than addressing the topic at hand. You have dug your own hole with your last few posts, and short of ignoring everything I've written like you did the last time, It will be so deep that I won't even need to be around to fill it in. Quite bluntly, don't blow your own horn about intelligence when your last few posts have hardly been the works of the next Shakespeare. Your paragraph that was a feeble attempt at trying to put me down mixed with some unfounded garbage is hardly all that difficult to comprehend. Get off your high horse.

If you wanted me to quote you it would go something like:

"waaaa you are stupid you not have same opinion as me :(:( you said that I not follow wrestling when clearly I don't because i dont know who win fueds, you are a big meanie!"

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
At what point did I say you couldn't speak your mind? Wow, you have watched wrestling three years longer than I have. Judging by the fact you didn't know Jericho went over michaels, I think that the pedanticness of which one watches and follows wrestling comes into play, if you want to restort to being an asshole.

The boogeyman isn't farfetched enough for you? Hornswoggle? Those type of unrealistic gimmicks will never draw these days. I actually liked Paul Burchill's pirate gimmick but it would have never been taken seriously in the long run. All of these out of the ordinary gimmicks never go further than mid card.

For example, A vampire gimmick now would work because of twilight, as the paul burchill gimmick did because of pirates of the carribean. But once the initial hype fades away, their reactions die down and they aren't taken as seriously. Kane is a good example of this, no one can relate to him. The undertaker is a very special exception.

People want to relate to the characters that the WWE put on screen...

I value Morrison, Orton and Jericho way above edge tbh. But I know that he has his following out there.

Who is really the immature one when you are restorting to paying out my intelligence for having an opinion? Depraved, really.

You really have to work on not being so precious.

There is plenty of attitude in the wrestlers of today. Have you noticed that the no-name people with no background story never make it big?
I don't even know what you are watching if you think that you have two uninspired everyday joes pitted up against each other. You are delusional. You don't see Kevin Thorn'es and Atlas Ortiz's headlining wrestlemania.

You said that the jericho/hbk fued "Wasnt good at all". That means from every standpoint, do not twist your own words. Even so, how was it not well booked? LOL The crowd was eating it up, and it played on emotions very well. They capped it off with a series of very good matches, and even though you admitted you thought you knew michaels was going to come out on top, he didn't. So it must have been booked fairly well, am I right? I have a bucket of straws with your name on it, if you want to give them a clutch.

Mate, you have no idea LOL

You are the one that is talking sh*t about bland characters when all the good ones have a lot of dimensions.

For eg:

Randy Orton. A REAL name. Not your average person. He is caniving, evil, and malicious. He will do whatever it takes to win a match and will
no respect for his opponent. He is arrogant and is dubbed as a viper, and is calculating and ruthless in his vicious disections of his opponents. He has little emotion, as shown within his cold eyes. He is a 3rd generation superstar.

What do you want him to do, actually come out to the ring dressed up as a viper? Vince Mcmahon wants the WWE to come across as realistic entertainment, and that is just plain f**king stupid

What about Stone Cold? How is that a supernatural gimmick? A guy the loves drinking beer? Yeah mate, you are going against yourself here. Real characters work better. You just want an excuse to whinge. Simple: if you don't like it don't watch it. Sure the supernatural gimmicks work sometimes, but you don't need everyone to have one for the product to work. The WWE isn't a sci fi.

I have better things to be doing than arguing with someone who doesn't like wrestling. Yes, I said it again, doesn't like it. I'd rather just be the "mature" one and go and enjoy it. You know you have lost an arguement anyway when you start resorting to uninspiring and capricious personal attacks about someone you don't even know on an internet forum, rather than addressing the topic at hand. You have dug your own hole with your last few posts, and short of ignoring everything I've written like you did the last time, It will be so deep that I won't even need to be around to fill it in. Quite bluntly, don't blow your own horn about intelligence when your last few posts have hardly been the works of the next Shakespeare. Your paragraph that was a feeble attempt at trying to put me down mixed with some unfounded garbage is hardly all that difficult to comprehend. Get off your high horse.

If you wanted me to quote you it would go something like:

"waaaa you are stupid you not have same opinion as me :(:( you said that I not follow wrestling when clearly I don't because i dont know who win fueds, you are a big meanie!"

I'll put this easily enough so there's no more confusion: you are an imbecile of the highest calibre. Not because of your difference of opinions; not because of your inability to understand the basest of logic; but simply because you are so dumb you can't even see the idiocy within your own post.

I'll remind you that you began the personal references with the "oh you have nfi and you don't watch wrestling lolz" garbage. I have no issues with you, but you decided, "Hey - let's go and get personal with someone I don't even know."

Nobody brought up Ortiz headlining Wrestlemania. But when you team him up with Punk and Kingston, bill him for a while as "undefeated", give him is rally towels and generally try to give him a push, it's pretty obvious that down the track they want him to be a star.

Like it or not, the WWE and its people in charge have no ideas left. Paul London was a star, and where is he now? Brian Kendrick is doing great work at this point in time and I would love to see it continue, but where will he be in a year's time? I'll give you a hint:

"The WWE wishes to announce it has parted ways with The Brian Kendrick. The WWE wishes him all the best in his future endeavours."

You spout the "indentifiable superstar" line. How the hell are you supposed to identify and relate to the superstars when the ones you enjoy are inexplicably let go/dropped? Unless your favourite star is a Batista, Cena or HHH, chances are they'll disappear in a while. R Truth? Massively over, good on the stick, fun to watch in the ring...Do you honestly think he'll be around that long? There's a reason he's making his second run in the WWE.

I'm as big a fan of it as you are, mate. I love Orton, HBK, HHH, Edge, Cena (yes you read correctly; the guy oozes passion for the biz and I respect him for that) and in particular Morrison. But if you honestly think the WWE hasn't gotten stale, repetitive and predictable over the years then more power to you.

Swiftstylez

Bench
I'll put this easily enough so there's no more confusion: you are an imbecile of the highest calibre. Not because of your difference of opinions; not because of your inability to understand the basest of logic; but simply because you are so dumb you can't even see the idiocy within your own post.

I'll remind you that you began the personal references with the "oh you have nfi and you don't watch wrestling lolz" garbage. I have no issues with you, but you decided, "Hey - let's go and get personal with someone I don't even know."

Nobody brought up Ortiz headlining Wrestlemania. But when you team him up with Punk and Kingston, bill him for a while as "undefeated", give him is rally towels and generally try to give him a push, it's pretty obvious that down the track they want him to be a star.

Like it or not, the WWE and its people in charge have no ideas left. Paul London was a star, and where is he now? Brian Kendrick is doing great work at this point in time and I would love to see it continue, but where will he be in a year's time? I'll give you a hint:

"The WWE wishes to announce it has parted ways with The Brian Kendrick. The WWE wishes him all the best in his future endeavours."

You spout the "indentifiable superstar" line. How the hell are you supposed to identify and relate to the superstars when the ones you enjoy are inexplicably let go/dropped? Unless your favourite star is a Batista, Cena or HHH, chances are they'll disappear in a while. R Truth? Massively over, good on the stick, fun to watch in the ring...Do you honestly think he'll be around that long? There's a reason he's making his second run in the WWE.

I'm as big a fan of it as you are, mate. I love Orton, HBK, HHH, Edge, Cena (yes you read correctly; the guy oozes passion for the biz and I respect him for that) and in particular Morrison. But if you honestly think the WWE hasn't gotten stale, repetitive and predictable over the years then more power to you.

The only time the WWE got stale was when Jericho left, not solely because he did, but because I remember having a little break from it. Mate, just agree to disagree imo. Me choosing to get personal though is wrong. You started calling me an idiot over basically nothing and you continue to do so. I believe that's called hypocrisy my dear. All I asked was if you have even watched lately, in reference to your call that wrestling is predictable yet somehow you couldn't even predict a result that had already passed. Raw is f**king quality at the moment, did you watch last week? That was one of the best raw episodes in years. Smackdown isn't doing that much for me atm, but that's because none of my favorite wrestlers are on it. The fact is that the WWE is moving in a new direction, a family orientated one, and changes are going to come with the territory.

I can't find anything relate worthy with R truth... maybe someone that is black? ... There is such a thing as good characters and bad characters. The Brian Kendrick was boring as well. Talk about an inferior version of Morrison, please...

Last edited:

Swiftstylez

Bench
ECW is not wrestling Hardcore wrestling is a f**king joke I will not watch some pathetic drug addict like Raven trying to cut a promo
The wrestling is better in ROH I'll give you that Bryan Danielson is easily the best wrestler in the world,but I woulldn't say the characters are better.
Also Edge is alot better than Christian(who will always be a upper mid carder at best) Christian is very good but Edge is at another level

LOL, it's funny because it's true.

I will list my top 5 too:

Jericho
Orton
Morrison
Austin
The Rock

Eelementary

Post Whore
The only time the WWE got stale was when Jericho left, not solely because he did, but because I remember having a little break from it. Mate, just agree to disagree imo. Me choosing to get personal though is wrong. You started calling me an idiot over basically nothing and you continue to do so. I believe that's called hypocrisy my dear. All I asked was if you have even watched lately, in reference to your call that wrestling is predictable yet somehow you couldn't even predict a result that had already passed. Raw is f**king quality at the moment, did you watch last week? That was one of the best raw episodes in years. Smackdown isn't doing that much for me atm, but that's because none of my favorite wrestlers are on it. The fact is that the WWE is moving in a new direction, a family orientated one, and changes are going to come with the territory.

I can't find anything relate worthy with R truth... maybe someone that is black? ... There is such a thing as good characters and bad characters. The Brian Kendrick was boring as well. Talk about an inferior version of Morrison, please...

Look mate, I'll admit I got a bit carried away when you quoted me, and I apologise. I flew off the handle.

What I meant to say was that, although I still enjoy wrestling these days, I feel, for the most part, it's lacking in personality.

OK, you have guys like Orton, HHH, HBK, Cena, Morrison, Miz and even Punk and Burke. Fan of all of them. But there's something not quite right about it.

Maybe it's Vince's obssession with guys 6 foot-six and three-hundred pounds who can barely do anything but powerbombs and spears. I don't know. But I reckon the WWE could learn a thing or two from ROH and TNA.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I have to disagree with you on Kendrick, though - I reckon he's tops.

Also, how freaking brilliant was the US Championship match on SmackDown! between Benjamin and Helms last week? Whoa! Freaking brilliant match! And I'm glad to see Helms is still over, even though he's had a gimmick change and has bee out for so long.

Also...What the hell are they doing to Khali????

Swiftstylez

Bench
I didn't watch it, I have been skipping a few smackdowns lately. I will give it a watch though. I agree with you on Vince and his obssession but, that is going to die down now that the WWE aren't condoning steroids. They are putting the titles on more athletic builds :p

Eelementary

Post Whore
Personally, I have no issue with huge 6 foot 6 guys if they can carry an interesting match. I' an Undertaker fan, obviously, but I reckon he's one of those guys.

Batista...I'm neither here nor there with him but I think he's a bit bland.

But I'm all for the athletic types getting gold. Hell, Y2J isn't "huge" but he puts on a damn good match.

PARANoIR

Bench
This is a bit late, but I don't care. I'll tell ya what's sad. Dickheads that waste 5 minutes of their day to create threads like this for no real reason other than to get off over. That's what's sad. Now f**k off.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Personally, I have no issue with huge 6 foot 6 guys if they can carry an interesting match. I' an Undertaker fan, obviously, but I reckon he's one of those guys.

Batista...I'm neither here nor there with him but I think he's a bit bland.

But I'm all for the athletic types getting gold. Hell, Y2J isn't "huge" but he puts on a damn good match.

Yes, the Undertaker has the ability to make other people look good too

Eelementary

Post Whore
True.

And is anyone else a bit tired of Matt Hardy? He's talented and all...But gee he bores me. Maybe they should try and repackage him?

Jono078

Referee
I have taken no interest in Hardy since he dropped the Version 1 (V1) gimmick, that was classic, especially at one of the Royal Rumble PPV.