What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Unforgiven Thread *May Include Spoilers*

lockyno1

Post Whore
Live from Toronto, Ontario, Canada:

PPV begins with DX-McMcMahon and John Cena/Edge video highlights.

- Ross and Lawler opened the broadcast from the announcer's booth. Savinovich and Cabrera, the spanish announcers, were also introduced.

(1) IC title match: Johnny Nitro (with Melina) vs. Jeff Hardy. Hardy received a good pop coming out with pyro. Ross claimed 16,105 are in the building for tonight's PPV. Match started with a "Nitro sucks" chant. As usual, Melina did her typical scream from ringside. At 3:30, Nitro climbed out of the ring and called a "time out," which got the fans to boo him a little more. Fans chanted "Hardy." The live crowd seems into it early, hopefully they can keep it up. Hardy did a baseball slide into Nitro on the outside at 5:30, after crawling out of the ring to avoid a Swanton Bomb. Another loud scream by Melina! JR called Nitro a "very talent IC champion." What? At the nine minute mark, Nitro had gained the upper hand and went on the offensive. More chants of "Nitro sucks." Nitro tried to force Hardy to submit by twisting the challenger's ankle. Nitro missed a corkscrew moonsault, which changed the tide in the match. Hardy has gotten a few near falls, but Nitro kicked out. Hardy hit the swanton bomb, but Nitro put his foot on the ropes. Nitro continued to work on Hardy's leg and foot, trying to force him to give up. Hardy nearly rolled up the champion at 16:49, but he kicked out. Nitro pinned Hardy thanks to Melina hitting Hardy with a boot at 17:37. Nitro and Melina celebrated leaving ringside together.

* More "The Marine" hype.

* Teddy Long is shown in his personal skye box.
* Matt and Jeff Hardy ran into each other backstage until Lita interrupted. She told the boys they can watch her beat Stratus.
* They show the hell in the cell structure hanging above the ring.

(2) Umaga (with Armando Alejandro Estrada) vs. Kane. Before the match, Estrada cut a promo, and asked the fans if they really think Kane is a monster. He said if you do, then you're a dummy. Kane and Umaga brawled outside the ring, as Kane pulled the jacket off Estrada. Umaga gained the upper hand early, but Kane fought back with hard rights. At the five minute mark, Umaga hit the Samoan drop. Kane belly to belly suplexed Umaga to the arena floor. Kane knocked Umaga over the security wall. Referee counted both guys out at 7:03, as they continued to brawl to the back. Referee and agents tried to separate the two. Fans booed the decision.

* Backstage, Vince and Shane watched video and talked about their match tonight. Vince said he is going to kick butt and gain the pinfall. Vince says DX has no chance in hell.
* "Run" by Day of Fire played, the official song of Unforgiven.

(3) World Tag Team title match: The Spirit Squad (Mikey and Kenny) vs. The Highlanders. Nope, no sign of Roddy Piper. The Highlanders started the match by making frequent tags. Spirit Squad gained the advantage when the remaining members of the Squad worked on Roby on the arena floor. Fans as you might expect have gone flat. This match and Kane-Umaga has done little to keep your interest up for the show. The Spirit Squad won at the 10:00 mark to retain the Tag Team belts, joy.

(4) Hell in the cell: Shane and Vince McMahon and The Big Show vs. DX (Triple H & Shawn Michaels). The new cell is two tons, and is taller than the previous cell. There is a bar in the middle of the structure (that separates the bottom part of the cage from the top) that isn't camera friendly from outside the cage. The best camera angles are coming from inside of the cage. DX gained the early advantage, and caused both McMahons to bleed. Hunter used a screwdriver on Vince's busted forehead. The early tide changed when The Big Show got back onto his feet and went after DX. DX was able to double team the ECW champion into the ring steps. The Big Show rammed HBK's face into the cell, and now he's busted open. Shane brought in a trash can into the ring. He placed it on Hunter, and did the van terminator from the top rope, which cut open Hunter from his ear. As the McMahon's worked over DX, fans "chanted DX!" The Big Show Vader bombed HBK, but Vince pulled Michaels off the mat to punish DX more. After more beating from the Show, Vince tried to cover HBK for a second time, but again pulled HBK off the mat. Shane stopped a pedigree attempt into a backbracker. Big Show is the only one not bleeding. Vince dropped his pants and wanted HBK to kiss his butt, but Triple H broke it up. On accident, Big Show splashed Vince instead of HBK. I like the idea of this match, which is that the McMahons don't want to purely win the match, but destroy DX. Hunter brought in a chair and placed Shane's neck inside it as HBK dropped an elbow on him. Looks like Shane is bleeding from the mouth. HBK called for the superkick, but the Big Show pulled him outside of the ring. The Show brought in the ring steps. Hunter blocked it by using a chair on the Big Show. HBK hit Big Show with some sweet chin music! Vince is left alone with DX. DX pulls down the Big Show's trunks, and rammed the Chairman's head into the Big Show's exposed bare butt. HHH grabbed his sledgehammer. Vince received sweet chin music, followed by a sledgehammer shot as DX wins when Hunter covered Vince at 25:04. Fans chanted "holy sh*t." Hell of a hell in the cell match. Medics came in to put Shane in a neckbrace on a stretcher. DX hugged after the match, as medics also attended to Mr. McMahon, who was also take out via a stretcher.

* They aired a promo hyping Wrestlemania 23. Tickets go on sale 11/11. Next up, the women's title match.

(5) Women's title match: Lita vs. Trish Stratus. Match started with chants of "thank you Trish." They are playing up that Moolah and Trish have both won the Women's title six times, so if Stratus wins, she'll break the record. Stratus is wearing all white, the classic babyface look. Lita missed a moonsault from the top rope, and nearly pinned Lita. Chick Kick by Trish, but Lita kicked out. Stratus slapped on the sharpshooter! Stratus wins via submission at 11:34! Trish displayed the title belt in all four corner's of the ring. Lilian Garcia was near tears, as JR and King stood up and applauded Stratus. Thank you Trish!

* They again show Teddy Long, who is getting ready for the title match.
* Grisham interviewed Randy Orton. Orton said no one cares about Trish Stratus, unless you are Canadian. He says she's the past. Orton said tonight he is going to make Carlito his "b**tch."

(6) Randy Orton vs. Carlito. Early in the match, Carlito spits in Orton's face. Orton started bleeding from his mouth. Orton dropped kicked Carlito off the ring onto the arena floor. Fans again were pretty flat for this one. At the 8:00 mark, Carlito hit the backcracker, but Carlito jumped off the top rope and was caught into a RKO for an Orton victory at 8:41.

(7) TLC match for the WWE title: Edge vs. John Cena. As you can guess, the crowd is pro-Edge tonight. Banner of the night - Cena fears workrate! Tables are set up on the arena floor with ladders and chairs. Edge backdropped Cena on two chairs in the middle of the ring. Edge brought in a ladder early in the match, but Cena tipped it over. Cena hip tossed Edge onto a ladder that was set up in one corner of the ring. Edge slammed Cena through a set up table in the ring. In case you are wondering, no Lita thus far. Cena goes for the STFU through a ladder. Edge taps out, but of course, it doesn't matter in this match. Cena FU's a ladder on Edge. Cena did the five knuckle shuffle off the ladder onto Edge. Cena brought in another table into the ring, but Edge greeted him with a chair shot to the head. Edge set up a double table with Cena in the middle, but the challenger got up and knocked Edge off the top rope. Cena grabbed a bigger ladder from under the ring and brought inside the squared circle. Edge speared Cena from ladder to ladder! Cena caught Edge and knocked him into a second ladder in the ring. Cena climbed the ladder, and almost had the belt, but Lita came in and knocked him off landing Cena into a table on the arena floor! Edge climbed the ladder, but Cena got into the ring and was meet with a chair shot by Lita, which landed Cena into the ladder, and Edge landed on the floor. Cena FU-ed Lita. Cena set up the ladder and climbed it, but Edge recovered and climbed the other side. Cena FU-ed Edge from the top of the ladder into two tables. Cena grabbed the belt at 25:28 to capture the belt.

credit: wwe-club.com

Quick rundown:

Nitro def Hardy to retain the IC Title by pin
Kane and Umaga went to a no-decision (both men counted out)
Spirit Squad def Highlanders by pin to retain World Tag Team Championships
DX def the Macmahons & Big Show via pinfall in the HIAC match. (Why the f..k was this NOT the main event!)
Trish def Lita by SUBMISSION to win the Women's Championship
Orton def Carlito via pinfall
Cena won the TLC match. (JOKE!)

griffo346

First Grade
i guess now cena stays in raw???
or does he go to smackdown and relinguish the title for someone else?? perhaps carlito?

Misanthrope

Staff member
He stays on Raw, unless there's some stupid stipulation. I doubt he'll go. Makes more sense for him to stay on their flagship show, since the WWE seems so intent on running Smackdown into the ground.

Parra_Eels

Bench
man i was thoroughly impressed with this ppv and im glad me and my buddies watched it. crowd was hot for tlc and the spots were pretty good except for a botched edge powerbomb. crowd erupted when trish put the sharpshooter on and hiac was just missing one massive spot. very impressive though.

PARANoIR

Bench
Havent seen it yet.

Can someone enlighten me as to whether the crowd booed the f**k out of Cena and were pro-Edge? I wouldve imagined so.

I'm pissed that Edge lost, but I'm hoping we see an end to what has almost been a year long feud for the title. Hope we see a new number 1 contender now, probably won't happen, but I wanna see Orton as number 1.

Sanchez

Coach
i thought the ending or carlito orton was very good. some very solid matches.would like to see more moves rather than hits from the highlanders. pretty frustrated cena won, but he looked weird after the match wonder what that will lead to

lockyno1

Post Whore
At least Cena winning means I could not care less I miss RAW this week (due to the fact I am travelling to Sydney for the games this week at that time.

Sanchez

Coach
they wonder why the crowd turns on him and they cant realise its cause hes being shoved down our gullets

lockyno1

Post Whore
sanchez moreno said:
they wonder why the crowd turns on him and they cant realise its cause hes being shoved down our gullets

Agreed! He needs to spend a bit of time in the mid card!

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
Agreed! He needs to spend a bit of time in the mid card!

Cena mid card :roll:

If you'd suggested away from the title scene then definitely. But he's a main eventer, like it or not and a drop to the mid card would be completely insane, especially as there is nobody good enough to move up.

I hate that he's won the title, quite frankly it makes me sick the way Vince is treating the fans. Cena has a movie coming out so he gets the belt, that's not fair to the fans that we have to put up with this sh*t because Vince wants extra promotion.

WWE really needs some competition. Would Vince have gotten away with continually putting the belt on a superstar that people are sick of just to promote products during the monday night war? I doubt it.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Cena...main eventer! The guy that gets booed as a face! Yep, he's a main eventer for sure! I rate him mid-card/main event.