What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your WC predictions

Misanthrope

Staff member
Group A
France
Mexico

Group B
Argentina
Korea Republic

Group C
USA
England

Group D
Serbia
Germany

Group E
Netherlands
Cameroon

Group F
Italy
Paraguay

Group G
Brazil
Portugal

Group H
Spain
Chile

Round of 16
Korea beat France
USA beat Germany
Netherlands beat Paraguay
Brazil beat Chile
England beat Serbia
Argentina beat Mexico
Italy beat Cameroon
Spain beat Portugal

Quarter Finals
USA beat South Korea
Brazil beat Netherlands
Argentina beat England
Spain beat Italy

Semi Finals
Brazil beat USA
Spain beat Argentina

Third place
Argentina beat USA

Final
Spain beat Brazil

langpark

First Grade
I will do a nude run through kings cross if the us beat germany
i'll join you if we see either one of USA or Korea in the QF.

That said, I should probably put mine down, so i'm not a total armchair critic:
Group A:
Mexico
Uruguay

Group B:
Argentina
Greece

Group C:
England
USA

Group D:
Germany
Serbia

Group E:
Netherlands
Denmark

Group F:
Italy
Paraguay

Group G:
Brazil
Portugal

Group H:
Spain
Chile

Round 2:
Mexico beat Greece
Uruguay beat Argentina (ooh, upset)

England beat Serbia
Germany beat USA

Paraguay beat Netherlands
Italy beat Denmark

Brazil beat Chile
Spain beat Portugal

i'll do the rest later

Nevan_

First Grade
Cesc Fabregas, Andres Iniesta, Carles Puyol, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Jesus Navas, David Villa, Fernando Torres and David Silva are f**king classy players.

If Spain doesn't win, it'll be the choke of the Century.

Matt23

Staff member
Winner - Argentina
To crash and burn - Italy, England & France
Golden boot - Luis Fabiano

bender

Juniors
Winner - Argentina
To crash and burn - Italy, England & France
Golden boot - Luis Fabiano

I think this world cup does have a bit of an Argentinian feel about it. Diego never fails to dissappoint at a world cup, one way or the other.

I also think, that if the Aussies are in form and good enough, a Semi Final is a realistic goal. My predictions had them playing England and South Korea, which i think are both winnable games. though realistically, getting out of the group stages is only a 50/50 call.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Winner- Spain
Runner Up- Holland
Semis- Holland to beat England, Spain to beat Argentina
Australia to make it to Round of 16 but lose by a deflected goal from Frank Lampard. I hope not though.

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
oh, and Italy to fall from grace, cant see them getting anywhere near the top 4 this time around
x2
And I'm predicting either Spain or Argentina to go all the way.

A bit of trivia for those who aren't aware... this is the 19th FIFA World Cup. Brazil is the only nation in history to compete in all previous 18. Even teams like Argentina, Italy and England have not competed in all of them.

lingard

Coach
Just a question:

Did anyone think that Australia would make the round of sixteen in 2006 when we drew Brazil, Japan and Croatia? What`s so different this time? Pretty similar pool I think. Does everyone think that we have a weaker team this time, or a weaker coach, or is it just a lack of confidence?

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach
Just a question:

Did anyone think that Australia would make the round of sixteen in 2006 when we drew Brazil, Japan and Croatia? What`s so different this time? Pretty similar pool I think. Does everyone think that we have a weaker team this time, or a weaker coach, or is it just a lack of confidence?

We are a weaker squad this time around. All our attack is going to revolve around Cahill. We have no Viduka or Aloisi and Kewell, Emerton and Breciano are all over 30 now. Unfortunately I think we are going to really struggle to score goals.

mongoose

Coach
Im predicting a Spain vs Netherlands final. Both renowned WC underacheivers that will finally reach their potential. Hopefully the Netherlands dont miss Arjen Robben too much.

-England have a amazing side on paper but will choke again as they dont play as a team.
-Argentina have amazing strike power but having an egomaniac as a coach will be their undoing.
-Brazil are always a chance but their squad just doesnt excite me as much as past teams have.
-France, Germany and Italy are all meh.
-Portugal are a darkhorse
-One of Ivory coast or Cameroon to make the Semi final.