What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref Watch 2014 (aka the Skeepe Thread)

Rosetta

Juniors
what was up with the video ref call for Cordner's try? Ref sent up upstairs, thinking it was a try. The ball was obscured so we could not see whether or not it has been grounded or held up. IMO that is insufficient evidence to overturn the onfield call. Yet they overturn it. Why?

Fox sports played audio from the vidiot after the decision and he said there was sufficient evidence to overturn the call, complete rubbish as no camera captured where the ball was when Cordner first crossed the line and went to the ground, ruling should have stayed with the on-field referee.

The refereeing in general is still a very poor standard, there's no hope for this batch and the art of rugby league refereeing looks to be dead period unfortunately.

skeepe

Immortal
The video refs in the Tigers vs Souths match last night must be sacked from all duties immediately.

Ruling that Richards was in touch before being contacted high, I really don't understand how they f**k that up so badly with the benefit of as many replays as they want. Holy shit that was bad.

Card Shark

Immortal
& it's not like there was a pile of bodies in the way obstructing vision of the line, like some try scoring situations.

Delboy

First Grade
Maxwell should have been dropped after the Manly v Parra game, he only penalised 1 side , particularly in the play the ball, he is a complete dud and has been for a few years

RWB

Bench
Where can they hide him next week?

2 weeks ago he got smashed by the media for his performance in the Manly Vs Roosters game. So they sent him down to Melbourne, hopefully it'll cool off they thought.

Last week he got smashed by the media for his performance and match defining call in the Melbourne Vs Gold Coast Game. So they sent him to hide overseas in NZ, they'll get smashed anyway they thought... surely he can't stuff up anything over there.

This week with the perfect & best view of the incident and as the senior referee he makes another atrocious call after giving into the pressure of players. Again his decision in the closing minutes played a massive role in deciding the game. Maybe he'll get lucky and the debutant coach will spare him but I don't reckon the media will be so kind.

So that's a stuff up in NSW, VIC & NZ.... Where can we hide him next with no game in QLD?

Do PNG have a home game?

He bottled it on debut.
He bottled it in his first Easts vs Scabs match.
He bottled it in his first origin match.

7 years on and the guy continues to f**k up every pressure situation he's involved in. How he has not only continued to keep his job but actually rise to origin and grand final selection is beyond belief.

I don't think I have seen him referee a 'good game' - the problem with him is his bad calls seem to go against one side more often than not. If bad errors were equal in the end to both sides, it wouldn't be as obvious

aqua_duck

Coach
Maxwell is by far the worst ref in the comp (possibly ever) but Cumstain is probably the worst of the rest

andrew057

First Grade
The guy is hopeless. Generally i dont like to bag refs, but an exception had to be made for him, hence the bandwagon in my sig.

God-King Dean

Immortal
OT, but someone explain to me why they decided to use Archer (hands down the best ref IMO) as a refs coach or whatever he is?

DIMEAST

Juniors
[FKN-SIK];10058644;13251 said:
Same way he called the strip on Tim Browne a knock on which gifted the Warriors a try?

The exact same thing happened to Matulino earlier in the game. You had a game winning penalty be overturned in your favour, be happy

2010Dragons

Bench
Gavin Badger is the worst referee i have seen in rugby league since the 70's .
He makes up his own interpretations of the rules, he rude and speaks down to players.
Badger will never ever referee in a glory game like a grand final.
He should be sacked immediately!

Latest posts