What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshie

Live Update Team
I think it's similar to why the white walker spared a guy in the first scene of the first episode, they want to spread fear. They showed jon snow their power and they let him go to spread the fear

100 per cent correct.

The Nights king also stared him down because he was saying winter is coming and I am only getting stronger.

Keen to see how it all pans out from here.

In every episode 9, something hardcore goes down. And I'm keen to see what happens.

Apey

Staff member
One of the best episodes imo.

That Olly kid is going to take Sam's words the wrong way...

DiegoNT

First Grade
If they follow the books their are 3 big events that'll blow people's minds in the remaining 2 episodes. It's just a shame they stuffed up the sands snakes story and given up on the greyjoy plot, both were great in the final 2 books

Aragorn

First Grade
I think it's similar to why the white walker spared a guy in the first scene of the first episode, they want to spread fear. They showed jon snow their power and they let him go to spread the fear

Top of the class

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pretty much this, he was pretty much taunting him. Looking forward to the next two episodes some serious shit is about to go down.

Aragorn

First Grade
I want to see the Dagon's roast these white walkers!

Nb- I'm guessing that's where this is all leading to and don't know for a fact ie not a spoiler

Someone

Bench

Pretty much this, he was pretty much taunting him. Looking forward to the next two episodes some serious shit is about to go down.

Also at the end of season two when one looks right at sam and lets him live. That white walker looked a lot like the one Jon slayed?

Danish

Referee

That sounds great and all, but really to what end? What benefit do they gain from spreading the fear? They aren't trying to rule with an iron fist or something. They just want to kill everyone and turn them all into dead soldiers or white walkers (like they did to the baby). If anything, letting survivors go and spread the word that they are coming only decreases their chance of success, as it lets people prepare.

The part that particularly confuses me is that they witnessed John Snow kill one of them, and still made no attempt to kill him once he was 30m out on a freaking boat they could easily reach in some way. Without question they would not have wanted to let him leave with that weapon still in his possession, as I'm sure they are aware of their weaknesses from the last time they were defeated and would want to capture one of the rare swords that can stand against their weapons.

If they'd just changed the scene even slightly so that John killed the white walker in the hut and out of sight of the others, then even that small difference would make it more understandable. You could then just call it an act of arrogance letting the stupid men escape without any worry, as they'd just slaughter them another day. Once they saw John kill the white walker, capturing that sword should have been their primary goal at all costs.

Aragorn

First Grade
That sounds great and all, but really to what end? What benefit do they gain from spreading the fear? They aren't trying to rule with an iron fist or something. They just want to kill everyone and turn them all into dead soldiers or white walkers (like they did to the baby). If anything, letting survivors go and spread the word that they are coming only decreases their chance of success, as it lets people prepare.

The part that particularly confuses me is that they witnessed John Snow kill one of them, and still made no attempt to kill him once he was 30m out on a freaking boat they could easily reach in some way. Without question they would not have wanted to let him leave with that weapon still in his possession, as I'm sure they are aware of their weaknesses from the last time they were defeated and would want to capture one of the rare swords that can stand against their weapons.

If they'd just changed the scene even slightly so that John killed the white walker in the hut and out of sight of the others, then even that small difference would make it more understandable. You could then just call it an act of arrogance letting the stupid men escape without any worry, as they'd just slaughter them another day. Once they saw John kill the white walker, capturing that sword should have been their primary goal at all costs.

They're probably just bemused with arrogance - whats one sword against a whole army.... their time will come to walk with the dead.... and it will be an entree to walking dead season 6...

DiegoNT

First Grade
Don't believe the assumption that the white walkers are just there to kill everyone or that they're even evil at all

The author/creator game of thrones has stated that he hates the stereotypes of most fantasy fiction especially the good vs evil stereo type

The white walker may end up being the heroes in the end, it's not unlike the author to spin that twist on him.
Maybe everything the white walker have done so far has been in preparation with their final battle, vs the god of fire and/or the dragons. Maybe the let jon snow live because they can sense who he truly is, maybe they aren't ready to face azor ahai yet, but also want to show of their powers. Maybe they want to create panic at the wall to weaken it before they arrive, either way everything that happens in game of thrones happens for a reason and it'll all wash up in the end

Someone

Bench

yeah I think you are looking too far into this.

this is the same species that arranges bodies in a certain pattern, GRRM only knows why.

A lot of people saying why didn't the night king freeze the water, maybe his powers aren't that strong. The bloke in the hut didn't even put out all of the fire. If this is the case then if Jon had stayed and fighted maybe the night king would have come and slaughtered him or maybe he is wise enough to know Jon has a sword that will shatter him?

Maybe he wants to touch Jon and turn him into a White walker instead of a Wight.

DiegoNT

First Grade
yeah I think you are looking too far into this.

this is the same species that arranges bodies in a certain pattern, GRRM only knows why.

A lot of people saying why didn't the night king freeze the water, maybe his powers aren't that strong. The bloke in the hut didn't even put out all of the fire. If this is the case then if Jon had stayed and fighted maybe the night king would have come and slaughtered him or maybe he is wise enough to know Jon has a sword that will shatter him?

Maybe he wants to touch Jon and turn him into a White walker instead of a Wight.
Could be many things, I think the show has made the white walkers look like just zombies with ice powers, when they're a little more complex then that

soc123_au

Staff member
One of the best episodes of the series, not just the season. It's edge of the seat stuff now we are venturing past book territory.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I don't know. Maybe they don't like the wet... At least that's a bit more realistic than skeletal hands punching holes through 2 ft thick timber posts... Why write in something so ridiculous? Why not just have them horde and flood over the wall with pure force of numbers?

Magic. When something improbable happens its always because of magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts