What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willy For Grant?

Vic Mackey

Referee
My understanding is if the player asks for the release there is no obligation to pay any shortfall in his next contract, if the club moves him on then they have to pay, it sounds to me we organised grants release ,initially but when the roberts deal fell through he was told he was staying because we didnt want to pay the shortfall around 100k a year he knew he wasnt wanted and had more chance at an inexperienced pack like the tigers to play first grade and probably even start the game so he asked and was beautifly let go reluctantly LoL

You and the panthers (I don't know the split) are paying just under half Grants salary, the tigers the rest.

Rabbits20

Immortal
My understanding is if the player asks for the release there is no obligation to pay any shortfall in his next contract, if the club moves him on then they have to pay, it sounds to me we organised grants release ,initially but when the roberts deal fell through he was told he was staying because we didnt want to pay the shortfall around 100k a year he knew he wasnt wanted and had more chance at an inexperienced pack like the tigers to play first grade and probably even start the game so he asked and was beautifly let go reluctantly LoL

Just before Christmas Madge told Grant he was free to look at other options.

Souths wanted to move him on.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...-for-two-seasons/story-e6frf3uu-1227701729094

Here is the article.

I reckon we are paying part of his contract.

The Tigers don't have much space in their cap either with all their problems we've heard about.

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench
We are paying nothing noone here listens penrith paid 1 year part of his contract to us we were to be paying his full contract from this season As i said we played hard ball said no he wasnt leaving since walker had gone and we didnt get roberts he was desperate ans ASKED for a release we pay nothing in this case any one illiterate not to understand this is soft and talks for the sake of talking this is my last post on this subject

Rabbits20

Immortal
And further that link to that article mentions nothing about anyone paying part of anything

The article wasn't saying that.

Madge wanted Grant gone and told him he was free to go.

Grant still doesn't fully understand why he was asked to leave Souths.

Alien was the one who said he read about us paying part of his contract.

I didn't say that.

handyman2190

Bench
Originally yes he was told to go and negotiations had progressed to the point where we would of been paying 100k per season then we pulled the deal told grant he was staying we didnt need his money any more grant wanted to go the tigers probably gave him a little more to sweeten the pot so grant asked for a release, he is probably loosing 50k a year but figures its worth it to play more minutes and somewhere he is wanted

alien

Referee
We are paying nothing noone here listens penrith paid 1 year part of his contract to us we were to be paying his full contract from this season As i said we played hard ball said no he wasnt leaving since walker had gone and we didnt get roberts he was desperate ans ASKED for a release we pay nothing in this case any one illiterate not to understand this is soft and talks for the sake of talking this is my last post on this subject

cool, i hope you're right

southsport

First Grade
Originally yes he was told to go and negotiations had progressed to the point where we would of been paying 100k per season then we pulled the deal told grant he was staying we didnt need his money any more grant wanted to go the tigers probably gave him a little more to sweeten the pot so grant asked for a release, he is probably loosing 50k a year but figures its worth it to play more minutes and somewhere he is wanted

Handyman, do you get inside info?

Vic Mackey

Referee
My source is Justin Pascoe, Wests Tigers CEO. He told me (and other sponsors) direct. If you have a better source then that feel free to name them.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Phil Gould has stated on Twitter that Penrith are still paying him in 2016.

But no, you know penriths books better then their GM.