What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: New Zealand v Australia at Wellington on Feb 12-16, 2016

ANTiLAG

First Grade
We arent good enough to carry him at 6. Especially with that really long tail. When johnson was there or if we had both Starc and Pattinson maybe sure he can be there but siddle is next in lol

Team balance is so last century Pete.

High risk poor average return #6 batsmen in tests is the cool and new thing.

I blame the 2005 ashes.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I'll take Corey Anderson over M Marsh every day of the week - Neesham over them both

Talk of Boult's demise is premature - you still see the quality at times, it's there

A straight ball to get Khawaja and a freakish catch off a new batsman, both with the bew ball. I knew he can take amazing catches.

I may be overly negative, or you may be thinking wishfully.

He's got my hopes up that he could be back with that spell, but I am far from convinced.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Cause the ball was new they should have sent nevill in at 6 to just dead the ball for a bit. Then marsh coukd have unleashed the levers

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Cause the ball was new they should have sent nevill in at 6 to just dead the ball for a bit. Then marsh coukd have unleashed the levers

Can you just stop being sensibly logical and having good ideas that will never catch on or be tried in the next 20 years.

Bradman would reverse batting orders due to game conditions. You think you know as much as Bradman?

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Craig's full toss had some over spin.

I suspected his release was looking like some had over spin.

Good to see he is working hard to try and improve.

Over spin works best if it pitches short and bounces, though Mark.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
The Don should consider retiring after this series, then we can all reflect on his greatness

JJ

Immortal
The Don at 96.5 now, if only he could have scored some runs in the Ashes...

Unbelievable that numpties like Clarke, Quiney, Marsh kept the second greatest Australian batsman out of the Australian team