What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New South Wales 2016

Ibleedblue

Juniors
With Moylan looking like he is taking the 5/8th spot for Penrith. If he does well there I would have no hesitation putting him into the NSW 5/8th role. Genuine playmaker which we need.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah Croker replacing one of Jennings, Morris, Fergusson, Dugan etc. Is going to be a massive downgrade. Or if he had the game of his life we wouldn't have lost anything, but we wouldn't gain much either.

Swap the halves the past decade and the results would be flipped aswell. It's the one area NSW are not only not close, but are actually borderline incompetent with options.

There's a few options with potential but if our coach thinks our best players are Hodkinson and Pearce we aren't close to being competitive in the halves.

Yeah Croker replacing one of Jennings, Morris, Fergusson, Dugan etc. Is going to be a massive downgrade. Or if he had the game of his life we wouldn't have lost anything, but we wouldn't gain much either.

Swap the halves the past decade and the results would be flipped aswell. It's the one area NSW are not only not close, but are actually borderline incompetent with options.

There's a few options with potential but if our coach thinks our best players are Hodkinson and Pearce we aren't close to being competitive in the halves.

Well the reality is that in his former role as selector Daley was one of those most responsible for the inclusion, repeated inclusion, of Pearce into the NSW Origin squad. As history has shown since moving to his role as Coach of the NSW Origin squad, Daley favours selecting Pearce, a proven failure at this level. It can be argued that he hasn't always done so, but more often than not when choice has to be exercised, Pearce is the one chosen.

Who feels certain that it won't happen again?

ram raid

Bench
Pearce is just a symptom of the lack of talent. I mean yeah there's probably been elements nepotism and blind loyalty at work with his continued selection but the sad truth is there hasn't been anybody beating down the door to take his spot ... Everybody was thanking the girl in the yellow dress but what did that bring .. Hokko and Reynolds.

KromyD

Juniors
Once again NSW selectors IMO will have to change the spine after game 3 last year. Sure Hodko is consistent but he wont win the series for us, especially with all QLD's superstars. Roberts will be 1 to watch and if fires, should be 1st picked. Scott/Hoffman for me are too similar typed players to both be slected, 1 or the other for mine with Jackson & Carty to share the rest of the game.

1. James Tedesco
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris (VC)
4. Micheal Jennings / James Roberts
5. Josh Dugan
6. Blake Austin
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Aaron Woods (VC)
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Beau Scott / Ryan Hoffman
12. Josh Jackson
13. Paul Gallen (C)

14. Bryce Cartwright
15. Andrew Fifita
16. David Klemmer
17. Trent Merrin

18. Wade Graham / Tyson Frizzell

Mitchell Pearce (Suspended), Boyd Cordner (Injured), Greg Bird, Trent Hodkinson & Will Hopoate (Dropped) for this year with James Tedesco, Black Austin, Bryce Cartwright & Adam Reynolds to get there debut.

mozza91

Coach
Why drop Bird who's a proven performer for NSW and promote Jackson who isn't a proven performer for anyone?

mxlegend99

Referee
Bit hard to pick given we don't how some guys will perform in new positions (or if they will stay/end up in old positions). So for now:

1. James Tedesco
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. James Roberts
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Matt Moylan
7. Blake Austin
8. James Tamou
9. Robbie Farah
10. Aaron Woods
11. Greg Bird
12. Wade Graham
13. Paul Gallen

14. Andrew Fifita
15. David Klemmer
16. Trent Merrin
17. Bryce Cartwright

But really this team is assuming everyone is playing well at new clubs or in new positions. 5 weeks in you could probably rule some guys put or have new names in the mix.

dogz08

First Grade
1. Brett Morris
2. Will Hopoate
3. Josh Morris
4. Blake Ferguson
5. James Roberts
6. Josh Reynolds
7 Trent Hodkinson
8. David Klemmer
9. Michael Lichaa
10 Aiden Tolman
11. Tony Williams
12. Shaun Lane
13. Josh Jackson

14. Aaron Woods
15. Paul Gallen
16. Bryce Cartwright
17. Robbie Farah

1. Brett Morris
2. Will Hopoate
3. Josh Morris
4. Blake Ferguson
5. James Roberts
6. Josh Reynolds
7 Trent Hodkinson
8. David Klemmer
9. Michael Lichaa
10 Aiden Tolman
11. Tony Williams
12. Shaun Lane
13. Josh Jackson

14. Aaron Woods
15. Paul Gallen
16. Bryce Cartwright
17. Robbie Farah

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

BennyV

Referee
Why drop Bird who's a proven performer for NSW and promote Jackson who isn't a proven performer for anyone?

Thank god I'm not the only one who doesnt get the hype with this plank! Greg Bird shits all over him from a great height.

I'd consider looking at
1. Tedesco
2. BMorris
3. Jennings
4. JMorris (if hes not playing up to scratch, Dugan or Ferguson)
5. Ferguson or Mead (ridiculously underrated player who deserves a shot...we really are short of decent right wingers).
6. Austin
7. Reynolds/Sezer depending on form
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Hoffman/Cordner (depending on if they go for experience or nextgen)
12. Scott/Frizzell depending on form
13. Gallen

14. Klemmer
15. Fifita
16. Merrin
17. Graham (Frizell if he doesnt start)

isaiah

Bench
Gotta laugh. Why no Dugan in the last 2 sides? Why Cartwright? I wouldn't let wade graham anywhere near a soo game. Frizzell must play, surely?

mxlegend99

Referee
Penrith fans are starting to become like raiders fans with their rep team predictions.
Since when is this thread about rep predictions? This is just people giving their opinions. I doubt anyone expects for there to be 4 or 5 new faces in the team. Daley will stick with the same shit that has failed in the past.

maple_69

Bench
Cartwright, Moylan and Merrin are the only guys you mentioned. Most consider Moylan an option IF he switches and is succesful, most have Cartwrighr in or near their 17 and Merrin is proven. Not sure what the shot is about. If it was Soward or RCG or Peachey I could understand..

Why the disdain for Graham isaiah? I think he'd be the perfect mix of hard running, nice ball handling and leadership for the Origin arena.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Bit hard to pick given we don't how some guys will perform in new positions (or if they will stay/end up in old positions). So for now:

1. James Tedesco
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. James Roberts
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Matt Moylan
7. Blake Austin
8. James Tamou
9. Robbie Farah
10. Aaron Woods
11. Greg Bird
12. Wade Graham
13. Paul Gallen

14. Andrew Fifita
15. David Klemmer
16. Trent Merrin
17. Bryce Cartwright

But really this team is assuming everyone is playing well at new clubs or in new positions. 5 weeks in you could probably rule some guys put or have new names in the mix.

:thumb

Moylan wont be there at 6 this year but its only a matter of time. No other NSW player has half his ball playing ability.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Cartwright, Moylan and Merrin are the only guys you mentioned. Most consider Moylan an option IF he switches and is succesful, most have Cartwrighr in or near their 17 and Merrin is proven. Not sure what the shot is about. If it was Soward or RCG or Peachey I could understand..

Why the disdain for Graham isaiah? I think he'd be the perfect mix of hard running, nice ball handling and leadership for the Origin arena.

I'd hardly call Merrin proven. After most origin games I have to scratch my head to wonder if he got on the field. Hardly anyone on here has him in their team. Guy is a borderline bench player.

Moylan certainly has the talent and would be in contention for the 1 and the 6 if he goes there for penrith. In origin they seem to like robust players which puts him behind the likes of Dugan and Tedesco at fullback and his inexperience and defence will be issues at 5/8. I hope he does become a success there though cause he could definitely be NSWs best option at 6.

No one apart from panther fans have Cartwright in their team. The guy has a heap of potential but at the moment has as many bad games as good ones. He would be more likely to throw an offload to will chambers in our own 20m the he would be to make a line break at origin level. He'll get there one day but unless his consistency improves drastically it won't be this year.

Last edited:

no name

Coach
St George-Illawarra hooker Mitch Rein was born and bred in NSW but he wasn't even on the selectors' map last year.

Rein was overlooked for a Blues jumper in the deciding game of last year's State of Origin series, when vice-captain Robbie Farah was battling a hand injury and second option Michael Ennis faced judiciary charges early in the week.

It might have been all a ruse, but the state's hooking stocks were so thin that even Melbourne's back-up rake, Ryan Hinchcliffe, was drafted into the NSW camp.

And while Rein was disappointed not to even get a call from coach Laurie Daley, the omission is motivation alone for a strong start to the year and at least put him name, or his birthplace, on the map.

"If anything, I just want to put my hand up to let them know I'm here," Rein joked to AAP.

"I know I'm capable. I've got a lot of faith in my ability. I haven't even spoken to Laurie, but the only thing I can worry about is performing week to week for my club and putting myself in that position."

First, the 25-year-old Rein will have to stave off competition for his own spot at the Dragons, with former Canberra utility Josh McCrone and Warriors hooker Siliva Havili signed up to boost depth.

Rein averaged just under an hour a game in 2015 and was again expected to share hooking duties in 2016, but welcomed the challenge of being pushed for minutes in the reduced interchange era.

"I've always had to compete for my spot, but there's a few more options there this year," Rein said.

"Due to a few injuries and lack of depth last year, it really took its toll and we went on a bit of a losing streak.

"This year, we've got a lot more depth all over the park in every position. We'll be prepared if we face any injuries. If we can be consistent, we'll be able to step it up another notch."

The Dragons close out their pre-season with trials against the Warriors and Queensland Cup side Central Coast Capras over the next fortnight before opening the season on March 7 against Melbourne.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...tch-rein-puts-hand-up-for-blues-origin-birth/

Slow news day?

Latest posts