What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If we did something wrong, and part of the penalty is to lose points, then I agree with Hindmarsh - we need to cop it sweet.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think Foz situation has been factored into this as well as some points being deducted.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
We beat the 4th faves for comp without foran and tepai.lost our fullback and captain early.
We blew out wildly.

Corruption.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont think we would have won without Norman though

Career best form is an understatement, we need to break the bank to re-sigh him.

Gronk

Staff member
I dont think we would have won without Norman though

Career best form is an understatement, we need to break the bank to re-sigh him.

Hmm we lose Jnr & Watmerkin. These are our players off contract. We'll need to shed a few.

Mitch Cornish, Isaac De Gois, Bureta Faraimo, Tyrell Fuimaono, Michael Gordon, James Hasson, Luke Kelly, Cameron King, Kieren Moss, Cody Nelson, Corey Norman, Rory O'Brien, Nathan Peats, Scott Schulte, Kelepi Tanginoa, Vai Toutai, Honeti Tuha, Joseph Ualesi, Danny Wicks, Matthew Woods

I reckon we could shed Peats if IDG wants another year.

IFR33K

Coach
Agree. I worried over the summer that we seem to be accruing a team list which seemed expensive. Having said that we were only catching up to the rosters like Roosters, Sharks, Nth Qld and Broncos.

I'd love to know how the Sharks have all those players under their cap.

Wasn't there a story a couple years ago, that a security company was paying a high profile sharks player cash payments???? Whatever happened with that???

Also, the Sharks for years have struggled for major sponsors. I wonder how they have faired for tpa's???

hindy111

Post Whore
Alright i had a re think.
Yep use are right. Nothing suss about the sportbets odd. They do not have any inside information and i apolgize for starting a thread about it. And for me to suggest corruption ? What was i thinking for the last 12 hrs. Must be tripping.

More then likely what it is some computer geeks adjusting prices cause no one is betting on the eels. Offering some juicy odds cause of the threat of loss of points.
I might throw $100 on them to finish top 4. I mean like plenty say chances are we wont lose more then 4 points and so that is still great odds.

yy_cheng

Coach
We beat the 4th faves for comp without foran and tepai.lost our fullback and captain early.
We blew out wildly.

Corruption.

Beau was on the field to the end. Siwtched from defending in the middle to the edge.

Maybe to mark she-rex

Kornstar

Coach
Hadley reiterated at the top of his show today that it has been determined that we illegally obtained Scott, Foran and Gordon and we will be punished accordingly and essentially not play finals footy.

I am ok with any punishment we get if it is deserved but I will be writing to the NRL (I know it will fall on deaf ears) as a member who has pumped 10's of thousands of dollars into the NRL over the years (like many here) I demand to know why Hadley, Massoud, Kent were telling us a running commentary of what we'd done wrong from "sources" that could have only been the NRL!

Therefore there is no integrity in the NRL.

I will seriously consider boycotting the NRL for the rest of the year purely out of principle that people like Hadley and Kent have had information leaked to them by the NRL!

T-Boon

Coach
Hadley's campaign was always going to step up in the days before the AGM. He has no reputation to uphold and has no fear of being sued - so he can just say anything he wants. Its not worth listening to anything he says.
That said I suspect the NRL will have a lot of questions to answer regarding leaks and due process. They should be releasing short statements on their website as Parramatta has as regards the process. Ie "media reports false, still ongoing investigation, no decision at this stage".

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Alright i had a re think.
Yep use are right. Nothing suss about the sportbets odd. They do not have any inside information and i apolgize for starting a thread about it. And for me to suggest corruption ? What was i thinking for the last 12 hrs. Must be tripping.

More then likely what it is some computer geeks adjusting prices cause no one is betting on the eels. Offering some juicy odds cause of the threat of loss of points.
I might throw $100 on them to finish top 4. I mean like plenty say chances are we wont lose more then 4 points and so that is still great odds.

no need to apologize for an opinion mate, but ease up on the corruption allegations

I don't believe any of the media talk they have said anywhere from a fine and no points lost to 4pts, 8pts, 10-12pts and i even read somewhere 24pts and also play for no points.
I'll just wait for the NRL to make a ruling.
Too many agenda's in the media.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Lol Hadley. Fitzy sends out messages to his mates to listen to Raaaaaay at certain time because he knows when he is going to bag the shit out of the current board. It's ridiculous.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Lol Hadley. Fitzy sends out messages to his mates to listen to Raaaaaay at certain time because he knows when he is going to bag the shit out of the current board. It's ridiculous.

It's going to take a lot for me not to say something to him when I possibly have to walk past the grub on Monday night.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Just say it I reckon

Well it's not really worth getting into trouble, I saw what happened to Sevens Leabeter a couple of years back and I certainly don't want to go that far... But I genuinely hate the guy for what I suspected he's done to this club after his reign ended...

Status
Not open for further replies.