What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Origin I - QLD 4-28 NSW @ Suncorp

Game I: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldPanther

Coach
It's not good though, it changed the game. NSW worked out at about the 20th minute mark that they could do absolutely anything and wouldn't get punished. The refs thought they were opening the game up, but in reality they just ruined it because NSW were only ever back 7 or 8 meters prior to each of their dirty shots.

Now it's fair to point out that NSW were the better team, but the refs made it a farce

Bullshit. QLD had heaps more grub than NSW. Fifi having to get the HIA from a dog shot, Pearce off all game, Smith Spear tackle plus more.

The refs had nothing to do with qld losing.

Nsw were superior in almost every facet of play. Qld were gone at half time.

Mitchell Pearce's try was the key moment. Had Qld only gone in 6-4 down at halftime the game may have been a different story. Going in 12-4 down would have been a blow to team confidence.

JJ

Immortal
It's not good though, it changed the game. NSW worked out at about the 20th minute mark that they could do absolutely anything and wouldn't get punished. The refs thought they were opening the game up, but in reality they just ruined it because NSW were only ever back 7 or 8 meters prior to each of their dirty shots.

Now it's fair to point out that NSW were the better team, but the refs made it a farce
Lololololol

Hutty1986

Immortal

Did it burn you up that a brown fella won MOTM?

blaza88z

Coach
What I want to know and I don't mean to make it sound like I am having a dig but how can people follow a side like Canberra and still go for QLD?

I have a mate who is a die hard Parra fan, yet is a proud QLD supporter too, it just doesn't make any sense to me

Frankus

Juniors
What I want to know and I don't mean to make it sound like I am having a dig but how can people follow a side like Canberra and still go for QLD?

I have a mate who is a die hard Parra fan, yet is a proud QLD supporter too, it just doesn't make any sense to me
That's like asking someone how can you support Manchester United and also the Socceroos? Quite simply really. This may surprise you but not everyone with allegiance to QLD supports the Broncos.

RazorRam0n

Juniors

Clue: some clubs existed before state of origin and in particular the broncos

beave

Coach

Not everyone in QLD has to love the Broncos mate.......

Nice Beaver

First Grade

Mate, plenty of people followed teams before 1988.

If they had any gumption about them, they weren't going to just jump ship to the Bronco's because they got admitted into the NRL.

Edit: and the other Qld teams you mention.

A mate of mine was a lifelong Tigers supporter then in about 1990 he jumped to the Bronco's. Lost so much respect for the prick after that.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I think sometimes it's a negative tactic - especially after the sixth kick.

Yeah I see your point, it certainly can be negative.

But that's after repeated sets and continued applied pressure.

Getting a repeat set to apply that pressure is not taking the weak option.

ed-grimley

Bench

You can have all the digs you like - these people are scum.

Haffa

Canberra were pretty much a QLD team at one stage.

Latest posts