What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

j5o6hn

Juniors
True, but the NRL have allowed the current arrangement to happen.

Anyways, f**k Perth.......

As far as I,m concerned the kindest thing the NRL could do is F((( the Roosters off to South Australia bunch of ignorant prats,the last person I would employ to run anything is someone from NSW they have no idea,they cant even run their RL clubs at a profit

beave

Coach
Yeah well the ARLC is run by a QLDer so we're not exactly in a position to be throwing boulders around like we're a bunch of mad merkins.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tbf the uninspiring game day experience of an nrl game is light years away from the fun and entertainment of a big bash game.
You know that BBL happens over ~8 weeks and each team only has to host 4 home games? Of course they're going to be able to put on better entertainment. Clown.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Perth has been incredibly unlucky with regards to weather in recent years but there's still some doubt as to whether they could sustain a team IMO.

That said, there's doubt that some teams are sustaining themselves within the comp already....

What I do know is that Central Coast Stadium is criminally underutilised by NRL clubs.

ATOWN2

Juniors
Very disappointing for Perth. I can understand why fans would be disheartened (been promised expansion since the late 2000's) but these poor crowd turnouts are doing nothing for their cause. It's an absolute shame considering the turmoil in Super Rugby and also the strength of Perth's domestic rugby league competition.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Perth has been incredibly unlucky with regards to weather in recent years but there's still some doubt as to whether they could sustain a team IMO.

That said, there's doubt that some teams are sustaining themselves within the comp already....

What I do know is that Central Coast Stadium is criminally underutilised by NRL clubs.

Perth is the largest Au city without an NRL team.. so it shouldn't matter if they can sustain a team... we need to be there full stop

ARLC needs to spend the next 25 years making sure they not only sustain a team but create a thriving team..

if the ARLC has any faith in their product, they would know undoubtedly with the correct resourcing Perth would and will work..

Melbourne Storm were a last minute spur of the minute thought bubble created by news ltd on the back of a napkin... and look how that has turned out

taipan

Referee
Reason I'm 24 hours behind is the time difference between Newcastle (UK) and Sydney.
Why don't the fans of the game and the clubs and certain media take it up and find out who are the executive's that wasted the TV money when the money should of been spend on the real issue's like grass roots etc.

I'm not a mind reader Teddles,but the CEOs and the RLPA have seen the revenue and cost figures all transparently set out this year.
Waste was publicly evident prior to this , with high profile highly paid execs who did little ,employed by Smith.3/4 of a million dollars was wasted on a feasibility study re the SFS.Smith was paid over $2m pa ,Greenberg $1m.NO doubt waste at admin level also.
Plus throw in the money spent by the NRL to take over and run two clubs who were on the verge of collapse, what that runs into money wise I have no idea, but it's not chicken feed.
It's up to the clubs and players( the custodians of the game) to do that sort of investigative work.

taipan

Referee
Is PR any worse than his Sydney-centric critics?

Let's put it this way.Few here if any whine perpetually, few here continue to bag other club's crowds when they are experiencing crowd issues themselves.
If someone bags Sydney people for non attendance due to heavy rain, then conversely should the same situation arise in the critic's locale ,his complain about the weather rings rather hollow..

taipan

Referee
Just over 6000 announced at nib. Didn't realise kiwis were as soft as Aussies when it came to going out in the rain.

Ironically the driest time of the day happened in the first half of the game.

Need to charge less though $55 to guarantee a dry seat is too rich for many it would seem.

So they were all Kiwis.Only interested in Warriors.That being the case a Perth team would not secure a local following.Pity.

T-Boon

Coach
I am now off the big stadiums policy and jumping on the small suburban grounds bandwagon.
Just spend a bit on the small grounds to get them to 15k seating capacity dont worry about roofs because if it is wet people will watch on TV.
Get as much money from TV as possible by giving them control of the schedule, opportunities for ad breaks etc.