What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm not sure I understand the excuse that it's ok for Sydney fans to blame cold and weather, but
Perth fans can't.
It's a shit of a night there weatherwise, and the crowd would be no better in Sydney in the same conditions. In fact, it'd probably be worse.
The only thing I can think of is that Perth Red actually raises issues regarding Sydney RL crowds which you all get defensive about. Most of the time, but not always, he's right.

taipan

Referee
Not doubting that. I'm a league a fanatic aswell. When i lived in sydney i went to all the tigers games and quite a few parra games add i lived pretty close to parra stadium.
Now i live in a city that the NRL has no plans in putting a team into. I've been to every game brought here since about 2005, trials and all.
I went to the test last year and will go to the world cup double header in Oct.
But i had no interest in this game, and i dont think means Im not a league fan.
7 or 8 years of big crowds hadn't got us a team, why should i go and see 2 teams i have no interest in?

That's fine I have no problem with your view.My problem is with the odd ones who are quite happy to bag Sydney crowds, call for one or two to be flicked, and when it comes to the crunch, they can barely crack a quorum for an NRL match in the area they maintain is crying out for a club.
It just doesn't gel with me.I could understand it if there were packed houses in these new areas ,and the code would be left in a position they'd have to do something.

I'll accept bagging of my club's crowd such as the game Storm v Sharks on a Thursday night,despite the crap schedule time, but they have had decent crowds at other times.

taipan

Referee
Sht crowd at nib but got parked easy, every cloud!

But the crowd may have been sh*t,but at least it may have been polished.
I say no more to respond to crowds ,I just remember a match at Sydney time 5.30pm between the Warriors and Manly at NIB and say voila.