What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Salary Cap

El Diablo

Post Whore
She also broke the 2002 Dogs scandal and Eddie Obeid. The other two journos on the story, (among other things) broke the Securency scandal, plus broke a series of stories on union slush funds, which two weeks later lead Abbott to call for a Royal Commission into union corruption (later established).

I'm going to say that if I'm a Manly board member, I'm a bit nervous.
she failed with Cronulla and Parramatta

You'd love it if it happened
You'd be back to being one ahead of us again

Haha.

Yeah, sure mate.

You're eagerness displays exactly how much our history of dominance over your turd of a club burns you. But it's all gone hey?

Enjoy your only premiership, for your scabby Super League club.

ImTheMan

Juniors
"it is understood the NSW Organised Crime Squad has gathered evidence suggesting secret salary top-up payments have been made to players from several clubs. The information has emerged during an investigation into match fixing allegations."

Canard

Immortal
Another example of the extreme bias that the Sydney press has against our game.

As if this sort of thing doesn't happen in the other code and isn't widely known about by the press.

Haha.

Yeah, sure mate.

You're eagerness displays exactly how much our history of dominance over your turd of a club burns you. But it's all gone hey?

Enjoy your only premiership, for your scabby Super League club.
18 years of history. Ok.
You should be thankful for Super League, without it your club wouldn't have started.

justdave

Juniors
Manly suspected of salary cap breaches as scandal engulfs NRL
Nick McKenzie, Kate McClymont, Richard Baker

The integrity of the NRL is under a cloud with players from several clubs being investigated for taking secret benefits or cash payments in a likely breach of salary cap rules.

The Manly Sea Eagles are suspected of breaching the salary cap via secret payments to at least one player in previous seasons, according to information gathered by NSW police and NRL officials.

More:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...s-as-scandal-engulfs-nrl-20170705-gx565b.html

One police witness, a businessman, has told investigators he made undisclosed cash payments to help a small number of clubs retain valuable players. Manly was not one of these clubs. But intelligence has also been gathered about a cash handover in a car park in connection to a former Manly player. A second former Manly player is also the subject of allegations involving undisclosed player payments.

f**k me, that's a vague paragraph. It doesn't even imply they were Manly players at the time.

If it turns out to be true. I hope those involved are punished and I'll cheer it but I want to see some actual evidence before I start losing my shit over it

adamkungl

Immortal
Time for a salary cap structure that has both less incentive to cheat and is harder to cheat.

Does anyone think that
a) the current system is fair as can be, and
b) that every club is clean under the current system

If i was to guess I would say the answers are No and No for most people.

If that's the case, what value is there in the current system being preserved?

Nice Beaver

First Grade
This is what happens when you have a cleanout of a football department....

Seen the turnover at Manly for front office staff?

We'd be in the paper twice a year for the past 6 or 7 seasons for this bullshit if that were the case.

Without Super League your club wouldn't currently exist.
Really? You could be right but we'll never know, that's in an alternate history.
What is known is that the club St.George Illawarra was formed in the aftermath of Super League.

Last edited:

Latest posts