What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taumalolo opts to play for Tonga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

First Grade
yet another lie.
Except for a one off change required buy the IOC when 7's was admitted to the Olympics, Rugby has a one country for life rule.

So all those union players that have played for and born in various islands have not been playing representative union in NZ?

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors

For starters it allows teams to put plans in place and start building. As opposed to not knowing who is available for your team untill the morning of you selecting it.

I have no issue with any playing swapping as much as they want while these rules are in place but imo once your represent a country that is the only country you should play for.

The last thing we want is for International footy to feel like club footy with players changing countries from tournament to tournament depending on what they feel like

Stallion

First Grade
Say hi to the 90's. that was before the rule was bout it, almost 20 years ago

not in the last 20 years.

Ok. So it has happened. I think you would afford rugby league some slack given the difficulties rugby league faces in many parts of the world? Thats if u are a genuine rugby league fan though?

adamkungl

Immortal
For starters it allows teams to put plans in place and start building. As opposed to not knowing who is available for your team untill the morning of you selecting it.

If plans were actually in place they would know who's available in advance. Tonga will be able to build off this. Kiwis are paying for their lack of professionalism and complacency.

I have no issue with any playing swapping as much as they want while these rules are in place but imo once your represent a country that is the only country you should play for.

The last thing we want is for International footy to feel like club footy with players changing countries from tournament to tournament depending on what they feel like

They can only switch between 2 countries, and they have to fulfill criteria to represent both of those countries.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Ok. So it has happened. I think you would afford rugby league some slack given the difficulties rugby league faces in many parts of the world? Thats if u are a genuine rugby league fan though?
*facepalm* ...I'm not the one complaining about players jumping teams, i'm pointing out that you lied.. again..

Stallion

First Grade
*facepalm* ...I'm not the one complaining about players jumping teams, i'm pointing out that you lied.. again..

Not sure if i did? Im taking your word for it. You have twisted words to suit your arguments many times. U are quick to label me a liar yet im sure you have done your share in your own. Perhaps u are lying expert?

Rod

Bench
The decision itself isn't the problem. It's the fact that a) he did basically the day as the squads being named and b) that you're even able to pick a country 3 weeks out from the World Cup in the first place.

shiznit

Coach
I know Tamou's family, they actually consider themselves Aussies and huge NSW supporters, the entire family.
Fairly strange lol.
I know some of his whanau pretty well... they very much consider themselves kiwi...

I don’t know who you’ve been talking to...

Te Kaha

First Grade
Not sure if i did? Im taking your word for it. You have twisted words to suit your arguments many times. U are quick to label me a liar yet im sure you have done your share in your own. Perhaps u are lying expert?

You did lie ....Here, where you were asked which other sports allow players to swap between international teams.:
Rugby union. And im sure their are other sports that do this.

Its not true, therefore a lie.

adamkungl

Immortal
The decision itself isn't the problem. It's the fact that a) he did basically the day as the squads being named and b) that you're even able to pick a country 3 weeks out from the World Cup in the first place.

Well he didn't actually, the NZ squad is still not named.

Fifita on the other hand..

shinobi

Juniors
I know some of his whanau pretty well... they very much consider themselves kiwi...

I don’t know who you’ve been talking to...

Saw James Tamou (along with Kenny Edwards) running water for the Norths team in the NSW Maori Rugby League comp on the weekend looked very much at home iwth all the Maori boys... maybe his wife is Aussie haha...

shinobi

Juniors

https://www.worldrugby.org/news/155038?lang=en

A Player is only entitled to play Rugby Union for the senior or next senior fifteen-a-side National Representative Team or the senior National Representative Sevens Team of one Union (provided that, in the case of the senior National Representative Sevens Team, for tournaments other than the Olympic Games and Rugby World Cup Sevens, the Player had reached the age of twenty on or before the date of participation representing that one Union). Accordingly, if a Player is deemed to have played in such circumstances, even if he is able to satisfy one or more of the eligibility criteria set out in Regulation 8.1, he will not be able to play for any other Union. Consistent with the overall rationale underlying the eligibility Regulations, the one Union only rule is designed to maintain the integrity of the international Game. Once a Player has committed himself to a particular Union, through participation in one of the Matches or Tours in the circumstances identified in Regulations 8.3 or 8.4, he is unable to change his “Rugby Nationality” which becomes fixed.

Clarkent

Juniors
Kiwis named there squad and not sure all the Tongan boys turned there back... Fusitua taumalolo manu mau SSK all playing for Tonga now

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
This will add a shit load of spice to that group of death, tonga vs Nz will be a cracker, the kiwis will wanna smash the tongas for turning on them. I kinda feel for the kiwis , all the Nz born guys leaving, but Nz and the Aussies are still the worst at stealing island talent. Anyway it's added to the drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts