What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2017 Crowd Watch

Pommy

Coach
I know what you mean.

My hope (and I don't think it is pie in the sky) is that the Sunday Origin experiment works and from the next TV deal onwards, the NRL hold three Sunday Origin's in a row and create a three week rep window. SL would surely follow suit and England could then get together as a squad play NZ in a test series every year (which would be great for both) and we could have our Pacific Cup!

State of Origin, NZ v England, Pacific Cup (two games a week) is pretty good TV content.

If that happened I would like a home and away leg for NZ England plus England to play France. If nothing else regular games against decent opposition can only help France.

Buriram

Juniors
Unfortunately, the RLWC 2017 moderate crowds is the result of woeful administration. It's nothing new in rugby league as lack of vision and self interest by the rugby league administration has stymied rugby league to progress internationally. The rugby union world cup in 2003 was played in Australia. it drew massive crowds, even in non rugby heartlands such as Adelaide, Perth and Launceston. And by the way there was a heap of blow out scores. Australia 90 vs Romania 8 drew 49,000 in Brisbane. I put that down to excellent marketing and promoting by the rugby union administrators. We could only hope that rugby league could achieve something like that in the near future.

LineBall

Juniors
Unfortunately, the RLWC 2017 moderate crowds is the result of woeful administration. It's nothing new in rugby league as lack of vision and self interest by the rugby league administration has stymied rugby league to progress internationally. The rugby union world cup in 2003 was played in Australia. it drew massive crowds, even in non rugby heartlands such as Adelaide, Perth and Launceston. And by the way there was a heap of blow out scores. Australia 90 vs Romania 8 drew 49,000 in Brisbane. I put that down to excellent marketing and promoting by the rugby union administrators. We could only hope that rugby league could achieve something like that in the near future.

Well said.

Pommy

Coach
Commentators said over 12,000. Not sure that can be considered acceptable for a home game in Canberra.

Emu01

Juniors
It’s not a bad crowd but not good either. The sidelines looks empty in places but the end look pretty full.

I reckon 12/13k.

Latest posts