What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th ODI: Australia v England at Perth (Optus Stadium) on Jan 28, 2018 - England won series 4-1

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Our biggest problem atm is our star players look tired and flat AF.

Smith,Warner and Starc were poor and flat all series.

The team needs tweaking no doubt about it but we have an Ashes Hangover IMO while the Poms Brought some fresh players into the squad and it showed.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
FMD you are more painful than a commentary stint with Chaps and KP.
Anti cricket :cricket:

Another thread ruined by this clown.

I didn't realize the mere suggestion of Chris Woakes in World XI at 8 due to his all round talents was going to spark such hostility from a pro cricket fan such as yourself.

Tell you what, you just tell me who I should have in my world XI's and what selection structure to use in future. Save us all the grief and aggro. Here I am stupidly using real games to inform my decision, where batting at 8 matters, when I should just be picking at the 4 best bowlers for some unexplained reason that you're privy to and I'm not. I'm sure its a fabulous one seeing its kept a secret by you.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Our biggest problem atm is our star players look tired and flat AF.

Smith,Warner and Starc were poor and flat all series.

The team needs tweaking no doubt about it but we have an Ashes Hangover IMO while the Poms Brought some fresh players into the squad and it showed.
Agree. In Hindsight Warner, Starc, Haze and Cummins should have been rested after game 3. Smith gets his rest now.

Marsh should have been rested too from all 5 games, maybe for life.

JJ

Immortal
Tired??? Nah bullshit on that, but flat yes, or mentally tired I guess there was a big focus on the tests. So I'll buy that

Not sure Davey has much excuse, and drained or not Smith looks a mediocre captain in shorter forms, and of course isn't as good a bat in those forms either, but I'd fully expect him to raise his personal game come the WC

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I didn't realize the mere suggestion of Chris Woakes in World XI at 8 due to his all round talents was going to spark such hostility from a pro cricket fan such as yourself.

Tell you what, you just tell me who I should have in my world XI's and what selection structure to use in future. Save us all the grief and aggro. Here I am stupidly using real games to inform my decision, where batting at 8 matters, when I should just be picking at the 4 best bowlers for some unexplained reason that you're privy to and I'm not. I'm sure its a fabulous one seeing its kept a secret by you.
Where did the head banging against the wall emjoi go???

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Where did the head banging against the wall emjoi go???

I sure could have used that emoji when you told me that real teams should want as much batting depth as possible but not World XI's.

We we’re talking about a world XI you cretin.

Of course in a real game you would be wanting as much batting depth as possible.

Bazal

Post Whore
23il98.jpg

And I'll repeat myself for the slow witted, I didn't say that once you absolute walnut

Once again, you are conflating the opinions of two different people simply because they both think you have the intelligence of a table leg.

But tell me again how you're a qualified intellectual. I always enjoy pompous twats.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
And I'll repeat myself for the slow witted, I didn't say that once you absolute walnut

Once again, you are conflating the opinions of two different people simply because they both think you have the intelligence of a table leg.

But tell me again how you're a qualified intellectual. I always enjoy pompous twats.

Bazal, you may either discuss Chris Woakes or you may discuss me. I don't really mind which topic takes your fancy.

Personally, I think Chris Woakes is a better topic for this forum, though.

Now to recap, this is the comment that has started this whole drama.

Seriously, how good is Woakes with the bat? He'd be who I want at 8 in a current odi World XI with Shakib up higher.

23il98.jpg

Bazal

Post Whore
Bazal, you may either discuss Chris Woakes or you may discuss me. I don't really mind which topic takes your fancy.

Personally, I think Chris Woakes is a better topic for this forum, though.

Now to recap, this is the comment that has started this whole drama.

23il98.jpg

Wow. So you're suggesting that being of the opinion that Woakes is bog average equates to thinking runs at number 8 are irrelevant?

That's a rather tenuous leap for a qualified intellectual to make isn't it?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Wow. So you're suggesting that being of the opinion that Woakes is bog average equates to thinking runs at number 8 are irrelevant?

That's a rather tenuous leap for a qualified intellectual to make isn't it?

So you're saying averaging over 40 with the bat (and 170 is this series), all at over 100SR while bowling all under 5.5ER with apprx 1.5 wickets per match, for the past 3 years, is bog average?

Geez, if Woakes is bog average, who's the benchmark for #8's?

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
So you're saying averaging over 40 with the bat (and 170 is this series), all at over 100SR while bowling all under 5.5ER with apprx 1.5 wickets per match, for the past 3 years, is bog average?

Geez, if Woakes is bog average, who's the benchmark for #8's?

I'm going to take your change of subject as an admission that you erred in conflating my opinion with another poster's

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I'm going to take your change of subject as an admission that you erred in conflating my opinion with another poster's

Nopes.

You can take it as a reply to you accusing me of irrelevancies.

My subject has not swayed once.

It is Woakes at number 8 in a World XI due to his all round abilities with bat and ball both being a better option than picking the 4 best bowlers.

It brings up both discussions of Chris Woakes, and ODI selection theory. And my opinion has not changed once. I think runs at number 8 matter more than merely picking the 4 best bowlers of those presently available.

JJ

Immortal
Loving the pseudo intellectual puffery chaps, keep it up. Hiney you're lagging...

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Loving the pseudo intellectual puffery chaps, keep it up. Hiney you're lagging...

Bazal is going to try and save face and claw his way out. No pity, if someone wants to enter into a debate on the basis of a popularity contest and join in a circle and throw a barrage of insults at me continuously, instead of simply thinking independently, it is out of my control. But lie with dogs, wake up with fleas and all that.

Hiney is smart enough to already know he's completely shot himself in the foot. But Bazal seems to think he's smarter than that. He's already distancing himself from Hiney as much as he can while still deliberately not agreeing with me and calling me a moron or words synonymous.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Bazal is going to try and save face and claw his way out. No pity, if someone wants to enter into a debate on the basis of a popularity contest and throw a barrage of insults at me continuously, instead of simply thinking independently, I'll let them. Lie with dogs, wake up with fleas and all that.

Hiney is smart enough to already know he's completely shot himself in the foot.

I'm not trying to save face. I don't rate Woakes anywhere near SD highly as you do. That is opinion. Yours amuses me because you carry on as though Woakes is best in the world material.

What I take exception to is your penchant for conflating the opinions of anyone who disagrees with you, no matter their reasons for doing so. If you are going to argue something at least get the f**king argument right