What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th ODI: Australia v England at Perth (Optus Stadium) on Jan 28, 2018 - England won series 4-1

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Queller?

A qualified queller?

I'm glad you read my post. The inverted commas acknowledge that it is a fabricated noun use of the verb quell, and not an actual word. Basically the guy you give the ball to if the powerplay 1 to 10, or powerplay death overs is seeing a batting onslaught. Bumrah's and Malinga's yorkers are and were prized for this role for example, So are Mustafizur's slower ball variations.

If the batting team has the finisher for the end of the innings, and a dasher at the top of the innings, if you have a better name for the bowler who bowls to the dashers to curb their run flow because the seam, swing or even spin bowlers are unable, I'm open to suggestions. But death bowler seems inaccurate when bowling in the first 10 overs, even if making sense to a cricket fan. Not really an issue for Starc so much as he opens the bowling so very often.

quell
kwɛl/
verb
  1. put an end to (a rebellion or other disorder), typically by the use of force.
    "extra police were called to quell the disturbance"
    synonyms: put an end to, stamp out, put a stop to, end, finish, get rid of, crush, put down, check, crack down on, curb, nip in the bud, thwart, frustrate, squash, quash, subdue, suppress, repress, quench, extinguish, stifle, abolish, terminate, beat, overcome, defeat, rout, destroy, demolish, annihilate, wipe out, extirpate; More
    • subdue or silence (someone).
      "Connor quelled him with a look"
    • suppress (a feeling).
      "she quelled an urge to race up the stairs"
      synonyms: calm, soothe, pacify, settle, quieten, quiet, put at rest, lull, silence, put behind one, rise above, allay, appease, stay, assuage, abate, deaden, dull, tranquillize, mitigate, moderate, palliate
      "he managed to quell his initial misgivings"

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Antilag - to bore, also; tedious, pointless, embarrassing, perennial virgin, troll, tryhard, merkin.

As used in a sentence 'people tried to quell his bullshit but the merkin kept antilagging'.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
It wasn’t meant to be an insult, just telling the truth..........

Thank you for your comments on how interesting you found my reply to Ifaeta.

I value feedback.

However, given all your previously intended insults to me personally, have you considered that perhaps you're not best placed to give constructive criticism publicly, as truthful and sincere as you think it may be?

That said, it may be the most boring topic on the face of the earth. I may well be the most boring man alive. But Ifaeta has dropped his 2c in to my view, so has Parraboy. I will reply if I want to. Dull as you may find it to be. You do not have to read nor participate in the conversation Hiney. It isn't mandatory.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Any attention is better than none I guess.

Nice idiom Twiz. Well as they say, a dog would rather be kicked than burned, but at the bridge a forum moderator may pull over to the side when they come to it as there's too many chefs and not enough chiefs which is spoiling the natives. Best not to count chickens if you don't know if a moderator knows how to suck eggs or whether he has bigger dogs to fry himself. If caught between two fryers, fight fryer with fryer.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Nice idiom Twiz. Well as they say, a dog would rather be kicked than burned, but a forum moderator may pull over to the side of that bridge when they come to it as there's too many chefs and not enough chiefs which is spoiling the natives. Best not to count chickens if you don't know if a moderator knows how to suck eggs or whether he has bigger dogs to fry himself. If so, when caught between two fryers, fight fryer with fryer.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

So tell me more about how you wrote for a living.

Wine wasn't it?

Was it in English? I understand you're a native English speaker, so it is a fair question. Please don't get offended again.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
AntiCricket reading that post like...

ff0759ae4493e82990a2baf661c1e7dcbb06d7d6c4a3d6965d403a3bc8aaad13

Latest posts