What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

As someone at the game last night with a large group of friends, I will say that we knew about it during the game (partly due to social media). I understand that many fans wouldn't have, but there wouldn't have been many 'happy' Storm supporters leaving the ground last night following the sin-bin/send off fest that occurred at AAMI Park last night.

Most of the discussion post-game leaving the ground and onto the trains was about how "the refs persecuted us" and how the game wasn't fair. I'll be the first to admit that Storm supporters can be one-eyed and that we don't always understand some of the more obscure rules of the game. BUT if we've already got supporters thinking that we got persecuted and then the NRL is seen making an obvious mistake in regards to the timekeeping it just supports their belief that the 'Storm got screwed by the NRL'.

It's the second week in a row when many Storm supporters feel like it's 'Storm vs the NRL' after Cameron Smith's suspension last week. Whether it's an accurate presentation of the NRL or not, it's how Storm supporters feel which will impact how many people go to the upcoming games.

While it is laughable that Melbourne suffer any negative bias from the league, your point about the potential impact on crowds is valid.

Conversely, a misguided siege mentality in a 1 club town could reinforce the fan base.

Clifferd

Coach
Not trying to be a dick, but this is a Dragons ‘home’ game yeah? why not play this in wollongong and encourage Raiders fan to try and come along and get a somewhat ‘local’ rivalry going and take a different game say against either GC or NQ to the country?

Absolutley love the idea of what they’re doing, I just think they picked the wrong opponent.

Agree 100%

They’d sell out regardless of who they play in Mudgee

V raiders would’ve been good for 14-15k in Wollongong

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
As someone at the game last night with a large group of friends, I will say that we knew about it during the game (partly due to social media). I understand that many fans wouldn't have, but there wouldn't have been many 'happy' Storm supporters leaving the ground last night following the sin-bin/send off fest that occurred at AAMI Park last night.

Most of the discussion post-game leaving the ground and onto the trains was about how "the refs persecuted us" and how the game wasn't fair. I'll be the first to admit that Storm supporters can be one-eyed and that we don't always understand some of the more obscure rules of the game. BUT if we've already got supporters thinking that we got persecuted and then the NRL is seen making an obvious mistake in regards to the timekeeping it just supports their belief that the 'Storm got screwed by the NRL'.

It's the second week in a row when many Storm supporters feel like it's 'Storm vs the NRL' after Cameron Smith's suspension last week. Whether it's an accurate presentation of the NRL or not, it's how Storm supporters feel which will impact how many people go to the upcoming games.

This can also galvanise a supporter base. Back in the ARL days pre-Super League. Queenslanders were galvanised by the percieved NSW biasof Arko & Quayle

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Not trying to be a dick, but this is a Dragons ‘home’ game yeah? why not play this in wollongong and encourage Raiders fan to try and come along and get a somewhat ‘local’ rivalry going and take a different game say against either GC or NQ to the country?

Absolutley love the idea of what they’re doing, I just think they picked the wrong opponent.

100% agree, the Dragon's regional game should be an extra game at Wollongong - it's a no brainer

Perth Red

Post Whore

I’m a storm supporter and we lost because we played sht and Scott dished out some justice. The refs didn’t cost us that game in anyway shape or form. What concerns me more is Bellamy’s inability to get the team to lift this year. Melbourne’s crowds and membership is growing nicely and the nrl needs them to remain a succesful club to see that growth continue.

As for the afl jibes, they’re a jealous/paranoid/myopic bunch on here so best to ignore the constant AFL and Victorian bs they come out with.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I am going to call bullshit.

Bigfooty is heavily moderated and you get a timeout very easily over there. Code wars stuff is quickly stamped out and as a result it is quickly stopped.

We could only dream of such active moderators!

Suitman

Post Whore
14,004 @ Shark Park

That's extremely disappointing tbh.
A perfect sunny cloudless day, a red hot Sharks on a roll, a Sunday afternoon timeslot, a local competitor.
Everything that Sydney fans beg for, yet, no where near a sellout.
Pathetic actually.
And no, I'm not Perth Red in disguise.

Generalzod

Immortal
That's extremely disappointing tbh.
A perfect sunny cloudless day, a red hot Sharks on a roll, a Sunday afternoon timeslot, a local competitor.
Everything that Sydney fans beg for, yet, no where near a sellout.
Pathetic actually.
And no, I'm not Perth Red in disguise.
Like have you got 40 cents

Generalzod

Immortal
hes right tho

what is required to get a crowd above 75% of your grounds capacity ?
its amazing
even allowing for less dogs fans
how couldn't the sharks get 15K of their own fans there instead of 12K LOL
14000 a pretty good considering that the bulldogs are not travelling well and kudos to all the bulldogs fans that went to the game