What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 vs Roosters

OldPanther

Coach
Can't help but think not resting our halves last week came back to bite us. They were poor last week as well. This rep period, and how we handle the backups might decide this season for us.

Play Luai/May against Manly. I don't care if we lose. I'd rather our halves come back rested and we finish top 4. Maloney was so bad and fatigue could be the reason.

soc123_au

Staff member
The Roosters were well up for this & we were shit. I'm not sure how admitting we were shit is a problem or being negative. Blaming injuries, lack of depth (lol, I cant believe that one) refs etc doesn't change the fact we were flat, unenthusiastic and no where near as crisp as we can be. We needed a similar performance to the one against the dragons & we failed to get anywhere near it. Suck it up and bring on next game. The constant hand wringing over certain posters saying it how it is get tiring. Both Umina & MX even acknowledged Aussie Jim put in a solid performance, for all the shit they cop at least they can admit when a previous statement has been proven incorrect. How about the rest of you do the same and acknowledge when we are actually shit.

TheFrog

Coach
TheFrog's Player Ratings

Watene-Zelezniak 6
Phillips 5
Peachey 5
Whare 7
Crichton 6
Maloney 5
Cleary 6
Merrin 6
Katoa 5
Campbell-Gillard 4
Harawira-Naera 5
Yeo 6
Fisher-Harris 6

Egan 4
Hetherington 6
Ellis 5
Tamou 7

Referee Rating Cummins (1)

OldPanther

Coach
You need to look at the stats. He received the ball 39 times, Maloney 40 times. Cleary has to own his performance, Maloney has to own his.

Without looking at the stats you'd never guess it was so close. He needs to make his touches mean more.

cain3y

Juniors
When I saw those breaks through the ruck very early on,I thought that if we didn't fix that up,we'll be in for a long night. We are too good of a team in not to get our act back together. We'll be fine.
Yeah baring anymore injuries fingers crossed, once blake, sauce return our backline will be strong again. Kiks and Leota back forward pack will be strong again. Agreed i wouldn't take too much out of this game, i think we are going pretty well considering how much disruption the team has had all year. I think the premiership will be won on injuries this year.

TheFrog

Coach
On a positive note, against a side that played their best game of the year and with 32% possession, I think we did very well after the first 20 to limit them to just 2 tries.

mxlegend99

Referee
The Roosters were well up for this & we were shit. I'm not sure how admitting we were shit is a problem or being negative. Blaming injuries, lack of depth (lol, I cant believe that one) refs etc doesn't change the fact we were flat, unenthusiastic and no where near as crisp as we can be. We needed a similar performance to the one against the dragons & we failed to get anywhere near it. Suck it up and bring on next game. The constant hand wringing over certain posters saying it how it is get tiring. Both Umina & MX even acknowledged Aussie Jim put in a solid performance, for all the shit they cop at least they can admit when a previous statement has been proven incorrect. How about the rest of you do the same and acknowledge when we are actually shit.
I dont think I said Tamou played well. Although he was among our best. I think he tried lifting knowing RCG was injured and wouldn't return.

soc123_au

Staff member
On a positive note, against a side that played their best game of the year and with 32% possession, I think we did very well after the first 20 to limit them to just 2 tries.

That is the only positive. Even more baffling is the 60 minute period with the 2 tries include being short Peachey. The first 20 were an abomination.

soc123_au

Staff member
I dont think I said Tamou played well. Although he was among our best. I think he tried lifting knowing RCG was injured and wouldn't return.
Umina may have said it twice. lol. My point remains though. There are plenty of examples of the supposed naysayers giving praise when deserved to those they have bagged in the past.

mxlegend99

Referee
TheFrog's Player Ratings

Watene-Zelezniak 6
Phillips 5
Peachey 5
Whare 7
Crichton 6
Maloney 5
Cleary 6
Merrin 6
Katoa 5
Campbell-Gillard 4
Harawira-Naera 5
Yeo 6
Fisher-Harris 6

Egan 4
Hetherington 6
Ellis 5
Tamou 7

Referee Rating Cummins (1)
In relation to each other those ratings seem good. Although Maloney deserved lower for so many costly mistakes he never made up for.

Unless its out of 100 they are probably all a bit generous though.

TheFrog

Coach
In relation to each other those ratings seem good. Although Maloney deserved lower for so many costly mistakes he never made up for.

Unless its out of 100 they are probably all a bit generous though.
They did well defensively to hold the Roosters to two tries in the last 65 minutes with 32% of the ball. It could have been much, much worse.

mxlegend99

Referee
They did well defensively to hold the Roosters to two tries in the last 65 minutes with 32% of the ball. It could have been much, much worse.
Roosters had a huge lead. Not uncommon for sides to ease up. Sure it could have been worse. But we never pressured them into needing to score more points.

We let them control possession, field position and never challenged them.

tripster

Juniors
Having calmed down since last night (and with time for sober reflection), I think the reason for being so upset about how things played out was that this season had built real expectation in me about what this team is capable of - reflected particularly in the Dragons game. The Dragons game had showed that, with the right attitude and commitment across the park, we aren't just a competitive side - we can dominate even high quality opposition.

However, I am not sure that our attitude last night was what let us down. We absorbed such a huge amount of punishment without the ball, that had our attitude been bad we would have lost by 50. We made 426 tackles.

The lack of possession was for mine what ultimately killed us. That probably sounds like an obvious thing to say, but I also don't think there was a single thing that caused the possession to turn out the way it did. It was a combination of an intercept pass, poor kicking, handling errors, bad finishing on a try, and to cap it off, unreasonable penalties (with the opposition not receiving the same treatment), and things such as Teddy's blatant knock on being missed. With 50/50% share of possession or even 55/45 % we would have had a shot.

You guys have nothing to worry about.
All the top teams are having the odd low game this season.
All the bottom teams are having the odd high game.
You'll be right.