What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Oates

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
We don't need a winger that wants $800k and really wants to be in the second row.

There is no way that Melbourne, Roosters etc would pay that much for a winger.

If we had a genuine coach, they would turn McDonald into a try scoring machine that would intimidate all oppositions.

ouryears

Bench
H
Too many QLD'ers in the team already There's Ben Hunt, and that's one too many.
Hate to tell you, hate to break 10 yr old news.
QLDers are WINNERS.
Fill half our team with them, build a winning culture.
Check out the SOO record past 10 yrs......ohhh, you forgot!!

Saintsified

Bench
H

QLDers are WINNERS.
Dragons are chock full with Origin winners as it is.

Reactions: jak

Gm5

Juniors
H

QLDers are WINNERS.

All the "winners" from that time frame are either retired, retiring or past it. Truth is it doesn't matter what state they're from.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
A poster in JA said Benny Hornby was seen having a quiiet word to Val Holmes.

Not sure if there’s anything in it, but any cash we’re setting aside for a guy like Oates would surely be gone if we made a play for Holmes.

Whatever happens, the fact we’re talking about guys like Oates and Holmes is surely a good sign for next year.

Perhaps the days of shit slow backs stinking up our backline are over?
word is after the change of ceo a bit more money will be available for next year ......

Frank Facer

First Grade
In the Daily Telegraph today Oates was quoted, as saying something like, he will be playing under Bennett next year. You can read into that what you will, but we are one of 4 clubs apparently in the running for his signature. There has also been quite a lot of talk, that Bennett won't be at Brisbane next year. We have also been mentioned as a possible destination for Bennett next year, even the most likely. Could it be that we will have both Bennett and Oates here next year? If so, Oates would take Nightingale's spot on the wing, although he plays left side for Brisbane. With the addition of Lomax and Oates our backline would be starting to look pretty good. If Bennett can bring Pangai with him too. I will be dreaming of a premiership (I might even have faith). I would have us and Easts as the standouts to win next year's comp if the above eventuated.

If Bennett does leave Brisbane, he will want to be going to a club that already has a good roster. Ours is a very good roster that just needs the addition of 3 quality players to be one of the top chances in the comp. I won't be surprised to see Bennett at Saints next year.

As previously mentioned. I would even like to see both McDonald and Oates given a shot at center. I think either of them could be a success there.

possm

Coach
Don't want him. Big petulant sook based on last Sundays performance. I've also seen him play some absolute shockers over the years so a rocks and diamonds type player.

Haven't we got any decent juniors coming through who can play wing?

I believe Herbert would make it in first grade as an outside back; wing or centre. However, he is not signed for 2019 and rumours are that he is moving on.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
QLDers are WINNERS.

Hmmm...

images

possm

Coach
A poster in JA said Benny Hornby was seen having a quiiet word to Val Holmes.

Not sure if there’s anything in it, but any cash we’re setting aside for a guy like Oates would surely be gone if we made a play for Holmes.

Whatever happens, the fact we’re talking about guys like Oates and Holmes is surely a good sign for next year.

Perhaps the days of shit slow backs stinking up our backline are over?

Surely not, why would an assistant coach be speaking to Holms on recruitment matters. Surely it would be Millward have such talks.

giboz71

First Grade
Surely not, why would an assistant coach be speaking to Holms on recruitment matters. Surely it would be Millward have such talks.

You’d think so. Just reporting what was seen. Although Millward having a chat publicly wouldn’t be a great look if they wanted to keep the deal secret.

Could be nothing in it. Could be just 2 blokes having a chat.

I thought Holmes was off to the Cows but they look like getting Barba and Holmes may want to stay in Sydney.

In any case, if there was any chance to get someone like Holmes, we should look at it. We never did spend that Dugan money after all.

possm

Coach
You’d think so. Just reporting what was seen. Although Millward having a chat publicly wouldn’t be a great look if they wanted to keep the deal secret.

Could be nothing in it. Could be just 2 blokes having a chat.

I thought Holmes was off to the Cows but they look like getting Barba and Holmes may want to stay in Sydney.

In any case, if there was any chance to get someone like Holmes, we should look at it. We never did spend that Dugan money after all.

Homes would be a great signing however, with the money he would want, his preferred position would be fullback. So what happens to Dufty?

giboz71

First Grade
Homes would be a great signing however, with the money he would want, his preferred position would be fullback. So what happens to Dufty?

If we got Holmes (who is only a year older than Dufty), we wouldn’t need any other fullback.

Holmes is the sort of player we need to win us a comp.

I would take Oats for $400k but Bennett's stocks are diving and Mary has done enough right to keep his job. We led the comp for 2/3s of the year and are still alive. His stocks are on the up.