What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

El Diablo

Post Whore
And nrl fans Complain about ticket prices!
Spent $180 taking family to get soaked and watch a pretty avg game of rugby league, nothing going on around the ground, very little "buzz". I can see why nrl crowds are poor.
Like I said I paid $180 for my family to get pssing wet through and watch a pretty dour game (2nd half at least)
2. They charged $50 for the pleasure of sitting in the rain, compared to pretty much every other leisure option that day it was sht
3. They allow the nib stadium to refuse entry for umbrellas. I mean wtf. All of the lower bowl and Sth stand is uncovered, at least let us come in with some rain protection or give out ponchos to those who had spent $50 for a seat.

ouwet

Bench
Finals crowds in sydney suffer when neither the Bulldogs or Parramatta make it!

The St George army and the legion of South Sydney fans died out in the 60’s!

jim_57

Staff member

Surely even without those 2 fanbases, large as they may be, Storm can scrap together a sell out for a prelim.

It really doesn't make it easy though, I bought a ticket to the Storm game but I'm not really relishing the thought of trying to get home with 120,000 trying to leaving the same precinct. It would have been a much easier sell for me on the Saturday and I have no interest in AFL whatsoever, makes it very hard to entice casuals with an interest in AFL.

Valheru

Coach
48k for the worlds biggest supporter base and they think we should move to ANZ next week if they make it.

Last edited:

jim_57

Staff member
48k is a good result, great game, deserved more!

48k for the worlds biggest supporter base and they think we should move to ANZ next week if they make it.

Why hasn't the Allianz prelim gone on sale yet? I don't see the sense in waiting until both teams are known.

When a club earns a prelim surely they should have an advantage of putting 75% of the tickets up straight away, if they have the fanbase and appeal to sell all 75% then the 2nd team that qualifies can hardly complain about only having 1/4 of the crowd when the other team earned the right to a home prelim.

Valheru

Coach
Why hasn't the Allianz prelim gone on sale yet? I don't see the sense in waiting until both teams are known.

When a club earns a prelim surely they should have an advantage of putting 75% of the tickets up straight away, if they have the fanbase and appeal to sell all 75% then the 2nd team that qualifies can hardly complain about only having 1/4 of the crowd when the other team earned the right to a home prelim.

Agreed.

It was the same last year and 2013. Not sure if it has ever been different.

jim_57

Staff member
Agreed.

It was the same last year and 2013. Not sure if it has ever been different.

It's a strange one, surely going on a sale a week earlier would be better and the home team deserves the chance to get more fans in if they can sell them.

Melbourne is on sale so must be a Sydney thing.

Valheru

Coach
It's a strange one, surely going on a sale a week earlier would be better and the home team deserves the chance to get more fans in if they can sell them.

Melbourne is on sale so must be a Sydney thing.

Yeah i think you should always reserve some tickets for the 'away' side but if the home side can sell the rest of them in the week prior then good luck to them, that is what home advantage is about, especially in games involving 2 sydney teams.

Latest posts