What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett Cut Loose By Broncos

ouryears

Bench
Well done to Broncos. I think they are the real winners of all this.

And to think Mary would have been gone were it not for one win (finals week 1) that turned out to be useless anyway.

I hope JD makes his way back. That would be our best result from all this.
Ridiculous, Bennett is a legend
And to prove it just again,
He got the poms up to beat the kiwis early this morning
Something we didn’t do
Mal, take some lessons......

BLM01

First Grade
Ridiculous, Bennett is a legend
And to prove it just again,
He got the poms up to beat the kiwis early this morning
Something we didn’t do
Mal, take some lessons......
Look Bennett is a legend but this game you are referring to was atrocious referring from a POM. Kiwis were dudded..simple not that I care but watch the game closely, all the penalties went their way and that penalty try..Your F..n kiddin
I love Bennett for his time at the Dragons but his time is nigh

possm

Coach
I'm really not all that fussed about losing any of these coaches.

Wayne maybe might have been good but I can't exactly blame the board for being hesitant after the state he left us in (not to mention the poaching of players and backing out of a deal).

Maguire would not suit the Dragons. He is a great coach for a rebuild, squeezing every ounce from a team, and then loses them after a short intense window.

Abs Hasler was the biggest do of all. Stubborn old style coach who refuses to adapt and cant manage a cap without backending.

For me, I think it is best we wait it out for now, on the condition we do not renew Mary mid season. He can have an extension if we make the grand final though.

For me, I hope we end up with Demetrious
I'd say you should stand for a position on the St George Leagues Club Board. You would fit right in with the other Board members.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Told you he’s a stubborn old prick.

Yes, the old man is making a point of making real ass out of himself, just to p!ss the broncos off, not to mention, line his pockets with some extra Bronco dollars.
In fairness, he's having the last laugh.
It may just bring him the extra payday.

I too thought he was just being a pr!ck but after reading his side of the story today, about how they were looking to punt him back in 2007 or thereabouts, the same has happen again and this time, he ain't moving without the extra coin.

It must be eating the Broncos board.
Nice.

ouryears

Bench
Told you he’s a stubborn old prick.
The broncos will realise they need to pay him out within next 2 weeks, Siebold to broncos before Xmas.

Good on Wayne, he has a contract, the club wants him out, why should he leave, he has the contract. They can pay out his final year if they want him gone.

The broncos club is not a shadow of what it once was professionalism wise, the current board are as bad as ours, well....almost as bad as ours

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
The broncos will realise they need to pay him out within next 2 weeks, Siebold to broncos before Xmas.

Good on Wayne, he has a contract, the club wants him out, why should he leave, he has the contract. They can pay out his final year if they want him gone.

The broncos club is not a shadow of what it once was professionalism wise, the current board are as bad as ours.
As bad as ours!..are you sure about that?

Brutalitops

Juniors
As bad as ours!..are you sure about that?
Yes. With all of the benefits the Broncos have enjoyed this century, not limited to a massive junior catchment, huge riches, a larger membership pool than every club and news ltd membership, to have converted a finals appearance almost every year to just ONE premiership since 2000 is a disaster

I feel even our bumbling board could stumble our way to at least as many premierships with 15+ chances

BLM01

First Grade
Yes. With all of the benefits the Broncos have enjoyed this century, not limited to a massive junior catchment, huge riches, a larger membership pool than every club and news ltd membership, to have converted a finals appearance almost every year to just ONE premiership since 2000 is a disaster

I feel even our bumbling board could stumble our way to at least as many premierships with 15+ chances
OK maybe.... and you are right about 1 thing we have won as many as the Broncs since 2000.
But I see their board willing to make drastic and hard line changes and they still make the semis and last 4 often.since then
Our board to me seems to dilly dally and tip toe around getting to the core of whats needed to change mentality, shuffling people around in the middle and getting rid of those on the edges 1st.

ouryears

Bench
OK maybe.... and you are right about 1 thing we have won as many as the Broncs since 2000.
But I see their board willing to make drastic and hard line changes and they still make the semis and last 4 often.since then
Our board to me seems to dilly dally and tip toe around getting to the core of whats needed to change mentality, shuffling people around in the middle and getting rid of those on the edges 1st.
A board in charge of a club that is in a one team town as big as Brisbane, with a massive junior nursery, with benefits including regular friday night games, 7 day breaks, money pouring in from TPAs and news Ltd membership......to have won as few as what they have won...the board should go

Coming 4th regularly considering their massive advantages is very poor

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Conversely, ONE premiership in 40-years is mediocrity at its worst.

Simply not good enough.

BLM01

First Grade
A board in charge of a club that is in a one team town as big as Brisbane, with a massive junior nursery, with benefits including regular friday night games, 7 day breaks, money pouring in from TPAs and news Ltd membership......to have won as few as what they have won...the board should go

Coming 4th regularly considering their massive advantages is very poor

Granted but cmon.. Would do you mean News Ltd membership?. I agree re the advantages they get but put it into perspective.

Have not the Illawarra and St George areas combined got a big enough nursery, if we were a better side since 2011 and not accepting being middle at best with no money we would have more regular Friday games and why have we not got financial backing and more TPA's by now for such a so called well known icon club and brand Australia wide...we should of also been a powerhouse with our logo!

Look at wealthy clubs Panthers, Eels, Dogs, now the Knights with strong financial backing from their respective leagues clubs etc, Souths, Roosters, Warriors, Cowboys, Melb private ownership etc.
Cronulla has the backing of the so called planned development at Cronulla Leagues land at Wollooware
Look at the clubs that have been round the mid to bottom over the past 10 years and still are
Tigers, Titans, Canberra not sure about and is a mystery. They always seem to have money though.

Manly were OK but the wealthy owners got sick of throwing money away and it all turned pear shaped 3-4 years ago. Now there was 1 board that had to go.
So St George finally got financial backing from 2019 albeit not the best deal. See how our board goes with using that and making us a powerhouse again.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Bennett is past it, he even made Mary looked good last time they played. That is when you know he has lost it. People actually said Mary out coached Bennett flogging his side in a semi at Suncorp.

Seriously what has Bennett done since 2010? Lost a GF playing really dumb tactics trying to waste time in the second half to grind out a win only for Cowboys to eventually win. Bronco's were on top 1st half then went into safety mode (similar to what Mary does) and played down the clock.

People say that Saints are regretting him going but I also think he would be regretting leaving as well looking back. He was on a high at Saints and has nose dived since. I bet he would have won another comp of 2 if he stayed. I am sure if he wanted an extension Saints would have given it to him but because they signed him for 3 and he wanted longer dug his heels and left after 3. As if Saints preferred Price to Bennett. If they had a high profile coach in place they would have not been interested but they didn't hence why the got Price. All Bennett had to do was click his fingers and Saints would have kept him on.