What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman??

Bench
I just don’t see how he would fit into our side in 2019, unless Widdop leaves. If not I would not move McInnes, his defense is his strong point. Moving Hunt there would weaken the defense. Where would McInnes play then, off the bench perhaps.
Hunt is the half back. End of Story.
Widdop is our 5/8. End of Story.
McInnes is our hooker. End of Story.
I still have my doubts about Norman in 2019.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
If Norman signs for 2019, I bet he goes to halfback and Ben Hunt to hooker. McInness would be the one to feel the impact.Hunt did say he wanted to play hooker and he is great in that position. People say hooker is not as important as a half and worth more but try telling Cam Smith and Damien Cook that. They were the reason their teams went well and Hunt can have that type of impact at Saints. McInness is good but Hunt I think has more tricks up his sleeve. And with Hunt providing Widdop and Norman service it will be a pretty awesome spine topped off with Dufty. McInness may be a bench player which I am sure he won't like.

If Widdop leaves in 2020 then Hunt can move back to the halves and McInness to No.9.

Slippery
Someone has to do his tackles he averages about 50 per game

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Widdop is the most versatile player in SGI after Kurt Mann. If Norman signs, I can see Norman starting on the bench but moving to No 6 and Widdop fitting anywhere in the backline or even at No 13 where I think he is best suited ie linking between forwards and backs.

possm

Coach
I can't see Hunt as our hooker but can see him at dummy half on occasions during a game especially if we have Norman and Widdop on the field at the same time.

Signing Norman for 2019 gives SGI so many more options on the field and may even give Widdop his grand final swan song. So, while ever Mary selects Dufty at fullback and Widdop at five-eighth, it appears that Norman's best fit will be partnering Lomax in the centres:

1. Dufty - backed up by Norman or Lomax
2. Pearson - backed up by Pereira
3. Lomax - backed up by Aitken
4. Norman - backed up by Lafai
5. R Jennings - backed up by our form ISP winger
6. Widdop - backed up by Norman or Field
7. Hunt - backed up by Norman

Mann to Newcastle.
Norman to replace Widdop at 6 in 2020.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I can't see Hunt as our hooker but can see him at dummy half on occasions during a game especially if we have Norman and Widdop on the field at the same time.

Signing Norman for 2019 gives SGI so many more options on the field and may even give Widdop his grand final swan song. So, while ever Mary selects Dufty at fullback and Widdop at five-eighth, it appears that Norman's best fit will be partnering Lomax in the centres:

1. Dufty - backed up by Norman or Lomax
2. Pearson - backed up by Pereira
3. Lomax - backed up by Aitken
4. Norman - backed up by Lafai
5. R Jennings - backed up by our form ISP winger
6. Widdop - backed up by Norman or Field
7. Hunt - backed up by Norman

Mann to Newcastle.
Norman to replace Widdop at 6 in 2020.

Possm jennings r is of the market expecially if we get norman

SGMax

Juniors
We have a vacant wing spot to fill. Give it to Mann.
Norman can either be backup to the halves as they are bound to be injured especially now that Widdy is having shoulder problems or, off the bench Norman can cover the halves, centre and fullback.
It would be great to have a quality half backing up Hunt and Widdop and not weakening the team with an ISP replacement every time we have an injury.

All this is for 2019 with Parra paying part of Normans salary.
By 2020 we know if Norman is the answer and he either takes over the No.6 or we look for someone else.
Still hope Field comes through as a 5/8 soon.
When I first saw him play a few years ago, he seemed to be a sure thing for 1st grade 5/8.
Is it a bad sign that they switched him around to FB and wing in ISP?

Coffs dragon

Bench
Has our club gone from a "no dickhead policy" to anybody as long as they're cheap & preferably part subsidised policy. Firstly, Hayne now Norman.....I'm expecting Dylan Walker next rumour!!
Then we are prepared to give away a really decent young man & team player in Kurt Mann for a drop kick that might be a gun sometimes!!
I fathom to understand this Pathways recruitment shit.

denis preston

First Grade
We have a vacant wing spot to fill. Give it to Mann.
Norman can either be backup to the halves as they are bound to be injured especially now that Widdy is having shoulder problems or, off the bench Norman can cover the halves, centre and fullback.
It would be great to have a quality half backing up Hunt and Widdop and not weakening the team with an ISP replacement every time we have an injury.

All this is for 2019 with Parra paying part of Normans salary.
By 2020 we know if Norman is the answer and he either takes over the No.6 or we look for someone else.
Still hope Field comes through as a 5/8 soon.
When I first saw him play a few years ago, he seemed to be a sure thing for 1st grade 5/8.
Is it a bad sign that they switched him around to FB and wing in ISP?

There is no way Normans manger will accept a one year contract.It is 3 years or more or nothing. You dont sign up Norman just to be a bench player.

possm

Coach
Possm jennings r is of the market expecially if we get norman

I love it when people give a reason why after making a statement like this e.g. we won't have enough salary cap and then justify that statement as well or we already are settled on a player for that position and we don't need any depth - according to Millward or according to Mary etc.

In my opinion we have bought some really good young players however, are they ready for first grade? There is an if over positions 1-5:

If Dufty improves his defence and positional play and if he muscles up and gains confidence on taking the high ball.

If Pearson is up to the riggers of first grade.

If Mann moves to Newcastle.

If Lafai does well during the off-season.

If Aitken has corrected his problems reading the defence, can now pass to his right and is able to deliver a great pass to his winger.

If Pereira or other ISP players can step up to first grade level to fill the right wing spot.

If Lomax is going to be recognised as our best option at right centre.

If Millward lands the signature of Norman.

If Millward lands the signature of R Jennings.

Latest posts