What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jdb case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Timer

Coach
*Deleted*
All of which means nothing.
A simple pleadings hearing that last < 5 minutes with 4 of those talking about any special bail conditions of which the court relaxes what the prosecutors in fact asked for
Anyone taking anything out of this other than the court recognises JDB poses no flight risk or threat is a fool.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffdragon

Bench
*Deleted*

Having read whats in the Illawarra Mercury?what allegedly happened there is one thing ,that is why she called a cab for her and jdb and the other guy afterwards to go to a nite club.
If he is guilty no excuses.
We just have to see how it goes.
His mind suerly cant be on footy with this situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brutalitops

Juniors
If he is found guilty, based on the court documents, my god. Put him under the jail if true.

Of course we must show restraint too. It's very easy to read this and jump to conclusions. I subscribe to innocent until proven guilty, as should everyone. But if he's guilty of this, I will feel sick for ever having him play for the Red V

Belta

Juniors
I believe it’s real hard to predict how detrimental this situation will be. IMO its a situation where the outcome and therefore the impact is unknown.

I’ll give one scenario.

JDB plays with the knowledge he is innocent.

Whose to say he’s not innocent and has a clear conscience. In this case he may well play with more determination and purpose than ever before. None of us know that. That is why it would be unfair to say he is a distraction and not offer him his payments. A professional team should not be derailed by the events of one player, perhaps they to will be more determined to make this year a positive.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I see a lot of people jumping to conclusions based on 1 court appearance. Anyone thinking todays hearing would lead to a result would be kidding themselves. It is just nornal court procedure.
Wether this case goes to trial will be based solely on the police having to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the accused is guilty. Now, we dont know their evidence and wether that evidence is strong enough, we just have to wait and see.
As for JDB playing, again a presumtion if innocence must apply. The fact that he is training would suggest his mental state.
April 17th will be another hearing date, not a trial date, we will learn much more then. Until then, JDB is a player for the Dragons and should be treated no differently.

GC Dragon

Juniors
A simple pleadings hearing that last < 5 minutes with 4 of those talking about any special bail conditions of which the court relaxes what the prosecutors in fact asked for
Anyone taking anything out of this other than the court recognises JDB poses no flight risk or threat is a fool.
That's pretty much it . And also he can play round one and three in Qld .

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
After reading the newspaper details from court etc and without commenting on anything else, to me, the seriousness of this 'incident / details' ( for want of a better word ) ........ is at the highest level.

I'm not going to comment on whether JBD should or shouldn't play this season.
I think that decision will be made by the NRL, the club and the sponsors.

Nothing more to say.

BennyV

Referee
I see a lot of people jumping to conclusions based on 1 court appearance. Anyone thinking todays hearing would lead to a result would be kidding themselves. It is just nornal court procedure.
Wether this case goes to trial will be based solely on the police having to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the accused is guilty. Now, we dont know their evidence and wether that evidence is strong enough, we just have to wait and see.
As for JDB playing, again a presumtion if innocence must apply. The fact that he is training would suggest his mental state.
April 17th will be another hearing date, not a trial date, we will learn much more then. Until then, JDB is a player for the Dragons and should be treated no differently.
A player with an aggravated sexual assault charge hanging over his head, likely subject to severe distraction and verbal abuse from opposition and fans and unable to travel overseas should be treated no differently to other players?

Are you f**king high?!

Based on those horrific charges and allegations, the club needs to wary of many things, particularly Jacks own mental state and the perception to sponsors of allowing him to pull on a jersey. While I can’t see him wanting to play this year, the club should be standing him down from playing for the sake of literally everyone!

WoyD4LWoy

Juniors
Prosecutor objected to bail conditions being changed. They never asked for them to be changed

getsmarty

Immortal
generic_story_darkscreen2.jpeg

DRAGONS

Dragons statement: Jack de Belin
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 12 Feb 2019, 11:00 AM

St George Illawarra player Jack de Belin appeared in Wollongong Local Court on Tuesday in relation to the allegations made against him in December.

De Belin entered a plea of not guilty and court proceedings were adjourned until April.

Lawyers made application to vary his bail conditions to enable de Belin to fulfil his training and playing commitments, which was approved.

The club will make no further comment as this matter remains before the courts,

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/02/12/dragons-statement-jack-de-belin/

Dragonslayer

First Grade
A player with an aggravated sexual assault charge hanging over his head, likely subject to severe distraction and verbal abuse from opposition and fans and unable to travel overseas should be treated no differently to other players?

Are you f**king high?!

Based on those horrific charges and allegations, the club needs to wary of many things, particularly Jacks own mental state and the perception to sponsors of allowing him to pull on a jersey. While I can’t see him wanting to play this year, the club should be standing him down from playing for the sake of literally everyone!

Yet your response us filled with words like likely and needs to and should be. Sounds to me you need to stop taking this to your own perceptions and look at the larger picture and then take another look at your own last sentence."while i can't see him wanting to play" really!!!!
Maybe its not me who is f^$$ing high.
Further, your intent then is that JDB shouldnt be treated as a player but as a criminal. Thats sounds more like you have already judged him and yes he maybe found guilty of all charges, but right now he has not been found so. As for sponsors i havent seen any commenting on current issues, please enlighten us with statements that prove your allegation.

Last edited:

BennyV

Referee
Yet your response us filled wirh words like likeky and needs to and should be. Sounds to me you need to stop taking this to your own perceptions and look at the larger picture and then take anither look at your own last sentence."while i can't see him wanting to play" really!!!!
Further your intent tgen is that JDB shouldnt be treated as a pkayer but as a criminal. Thats sounds more like you have already judged him and yes ge maybe found guilty of all charges, but right now he has not been found so. As for sponsors i havent seen any comnwnting on current issues, please enlighten us with statements that prove your allegation.
Standing him down has nothing to do with guilty or innocent. The guy has incredibly severe criminal charges being laid against him and will have this for the next year or so. Most workplaces would be pulling some duties away from any employee going through this, let alone a workplace that relies on sponsorship and image!!
I hope he is innocent and once that’s proven, welcome back. But again, removing the guy from playing football while these allegations exist is not about guilt, it’s about perception from the club.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Yet your response us filled wirh words like likeky and needs to and should be. Sounds to me you need to stop taking this to your own perceptions and look at the larger picture and then take anither look at your own last sentence."while i can't see him wanting to play" really!!!!
Further your intent tgen is that JDB shouldnt be treated as a pkayer but as a criminal. Thats sounds more like you have already judged him and yes ge maybe found guilty of all charges, but right now he has not been found so. As for sponsors i havent seen any comnwnting on current issues, please enlighten us with statements that prove your allegation.
Obviously English was not one of your favorites at school. ....

Mark D

Juniors
I have watched JDB since he came through as a junior all the way to pulling on the blues jersey last year. He has always been one of my favourite Dragons. This whole story is terrible and I can only hope the truth comes out... Todays news story really got me down especially the way the telegraph used tone and language to hang him before trial. To remedy this I opened a fantastic McLaren Vale Shiraz and watched the Dragons v Broncos 2018 semi final replay... put a smile back on the dial..

nontime111

Juniors
yes its rank, he should be let play and throw himself into his footy until or IF anything is PROVEN!
I think, if he IS innocent and this is what hes told all the staff at Dragons....he will play with more focus and mungrel to prove himself, lets hope this is the case, its what im sticking with unless and UNTIL any court finds otherwise.....

Slippery Morris

First Grade
For the Dragons to allow him to train and continue to play means that they are behind the player and must be pretty confident he will beat the charge. Why would they risk damaging their name and reputation of the club for 1 player. I am sure they would have spoken to all their sponsors and board members about what they should do. The got rid of Fanoua-Blake who was a big up an comer straight away for a lesser crime so again they must have felt he was not innocent hence their action.

It is a huge risk though if he ends up being guilty with a 20 year jail sentence.

epDragon62

First Grade
For the Dragons to allow him to train and continue to play means that they are behind the player and must be pretty confident he will beat the charge. Why would they risk damaging their name and reputation of the club for 1 player. I am sure they would have spoken to all their sponsors and board members about what they should do. The got rid of Fanoua-Blake who was a big up an comer straight away for a lesser crime so again they must have felt he was not innocent hence their action.

It is a huge risk though if he ends up being guilty with a 20 year jail sentence.
I hate saying it but it occurs to me that JDB is a blond anglo and AFB was not...

I really hope JDB is innocent but he is a goose no matter what based on the parts of the story that don't seem to be in dispute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts