What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Brown’s numbers always look good, but I’m of the opinion he’s stifling the attack somewhat. He’s a sure thing for a fourth tackle hit up within the opposition 20, when we should be looking to attack elsewhere.
Is that Brown's fault that??? Surely the halves and coach should be more repsonsible???

No team in the game takes more settlers in the opposition 20m than us.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yes we have them in Alvaro and Terepo along with Brown. Mannah most likely is in our top 17 but I think Kafusi may take his spot.
I personally prefer Gower over Mannah.

Tbh, I do think Gower is a better player - strong defender, versatile, and skillful.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Paul Gallen says hi .... maybe its not gallen's fault?
Gallen is the king of all Hogs, he even did it at Origin level. Browny does stifle the attack at times if you can call it attack. Brown missed plenty of games last season and we still took more settlers in the 20m zone than any team in the history of RL.

That rings true.

But when I wrote that article, I cross-referenced his stats across various sites, and I found that Mannahs metres per run were still high (just under 9m a run, after discounting kick-off returns, and drop-out returns).

Plus, he is a rock, defensively.

Sure, he is a one-dimensional player, but he is pretty good at what he does, imo.
He's a machine.

El Diablo

Post Whore
177271fbec309fe70cb2f59a8912d68f

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Nah, never said he can turn a game - but he is uber-dependable.

And you need players like that.

Definitely not in attack, but can a game be turned by a player defensively?

Attack is a lot more noticeable then defensive efforts.

For example against the dogs last we lost the game when Alvaro went off. But if he had stayed on, I reckon we win because of his defensive ability, but wouId anyone have noticed it?

Latest posts