What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece Robson Leaving

RufusRex

Post Whore
Commentary tonight made a great point ...

The width, accuracy and speed of Smith's pass getting the ball to the edges is telling.

The one thing that Robson has over McInnes in spades ... Mary is a dolt who doesnt know the talent at his disposal.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Yep.

I rate Robson but looking sharp in short stints compared to playing a full 80 under the fatigue that Mcinnes withstands making 50-odd tackles just simply cannot be compared...
he handled the 20's and ISP and got better as the year went on, so given time he's body SHOULD adapt to playing longer minutes and against more physical players, has the skill set to succeed...

Overseas dragon

Juniors
It is very simple. The contest for fullback is Widdop v Dufty with the loser going to reggies. No room on the bench for either one of them. The bench should be comprised of four forwards, no matter what Mary says. If a back gets injured, one of the backrow forwards can move to centre.

This whole idea of mucking around with spine in the last 20 minutes is a game loser not a game winner. A small tweak like bringing Robson to play hooker and moving McInnes to lock or off to the bench will result in enough change to ignite the team.

We will all know a lot more about this after round 1.
in case of emergency Mcinnes could play centre and Robson takes his place

possm

Coach
When Robson has shown that at NRL level then I will agree.

Mary has a poor history when it comes to developing young talent. Even when he is forced to give young talent minutes, he sends them out with instructions to run straight and hard, then get to a quick play the ball. In defence he has not idea the level of difficulty he presents to his team when adopting the same old compressed structure that most teams have developed a plan to nullify.

I'm sure that if Mary let the likes of Lomax, Robson, Kerr and Timm to do their stuff by helping them to develop their skills instead of getting them to play to his fatigue producing plan, our squad would be the better for it.

possm

Coach

At this stage, McInnes should stay in the middle mainly because he is a valuable work horse in defence. To me lock seems to be the more appropriate position for McInnes when Robson is on the field.

I'm ok with Hunt jumping into dummy half from time to time however, I think he would be an absolute disaster defending in the middle. On the defence side of play, I think Robson at hooker and McInnes at lock would add to our ability to defend up the middle. On the attacking side of things, I believe having Robson at dummy half will add a new dimension to our attack both up the middle and out on the edges.

LINESPEED

Juniors

Yes Od - McGuire had
the requisite testicular fortitude to move Reynolds to Reggies for team balance.

Not so a Waterboy with performance anxiety

I’d love to see Tyson in the centres in an emergency

Chin up Zac & Reece, there’ll be justice down the track under a new coach - at another club probably

Last edited:

RufusRex

Post Whore
Possm .. McInnes could easily handle the defensive workload of lock .. Very much a hinchcliffe mould there ... Wont be a ball carrier like JT/TF but an occasional 7-8m hit up and 30-40 tackles kind of lock works.

2 interchanges and you can spell both McInness and Frizell and give Robson decent minutes ...

The player in question of team balance then becomes Leilua ... But we dont have a player like Staggs that can play C/BR ... Perhaps JDB money could be spent in that area .. Get a bloke like Thommo (old now) and the balance looks better ... Probably means you need a Lomax in the centres rather than Aitken ... that works for me but not Mary.

Could Host play Centre in that Thommo mould? Really dont know.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Yes Od - McGuire had
the requisite testicular fortitude to move Reynolds to Reggies for team balance.

Chin up Zac & Reece, there’ll be justice down the track under a new coach - at another club probably
I don't disagree in an emergency I'm sure Sims, Tyson, host ,and mcinnes could play in the back line if required .. .. .Just ask the coach.. ..

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Yes Od - McGuire had

I don't disagree in an emergency I'm sure Sims, Tyson, host ,and mcinnes could play in the back line if required .. .. .Just ask the coach.. ..

Bench
Will Robson stay, hope so. If you want to know how our club manages just look at some of the juniors we let go and see where they are playing now. First Grade. End of Story

nontime111

Juniors
we used to embrace our juniors, now we cant assure them a place so we import it sucks, I am more excited about this batch than any other since Mundine, Tallis, Stevens Brownie etc came through!