What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul McGregor Extension

Gareth67

First Grade
The bloke infuriates me , leaving Lomax on the bench last night was a prize example of the maestro’s idiocy. That game was won by good fortune - not by a a well coached side who who bludgeoned the Sea Eagles come back .

And pounds to peanuts we will lose a number of matches this year because of the replacements who are too damn busy pulling the splinters out of their posteriors ( can I use that word ? )

Mary for pity sake , use the entire bench to prevent fatigue setting in and also to give the young guns plenty of game time and experience - otherwise they will be snapped up very quickly by clubs that can see their true worth .

Last edited:

Como Connection

First Grade
The bloke infuriates me , leaving Lomax on the bench last night was a prize example of the maestro’s idiocy. That game was won by good fortune - not by a a well coached side who who bludgeoned the Sea Eagles come back .

And pounds to peanuts we will lose a number of matches this year because of the replacements who are too damn busy pulling the splinters out of their posteriors ( can I use that word ?

Mary for pity sake , use the entire bench to prevent fatigue setting in and also to give the young guns plenty of game time and experience - otherwise they will be snapped up very quickly by clubs that can see their true worth .
Illawarra Mafia
CC

Old Timer

Coach
Trying to understand the 2 years only
They obviously think he can win a comp so if that comes this year year or within the next 2 years why would you then get rid of the coach?
If not having won a comp in 5.5 years was not a deterrent to extending him then he should have been signed for at least 4 if not longer.

possm

Coach
I'm still spewing over this extension. I wish something could be done and feel so frustrated that there is nothing that can be done. I'd like to see his mates - if he has any, to take him out for a few drinks and then ask him to drive home. Surely another DUI would seal the deal.

hewi

Bench
I'm still spewing over this extension. I wish something could be done and feel so frustrated that there is nothing that can be done. I'd like to see his mates - if he has any, to take him out for a few drinks and then ask him to drive home. Surely another DUI would seal the deal.

Yep, he would repent and get 4 years.

denis preston

First Grade
I absolutely so no evidence in any change in team management to offset the mid season meltdown , although McGregor has been quoted that they have. He still plays the 17th man infrequently and appears to be already playing players injured. The side is going well at present but are playing the same brand of unsustainable aggressive forward dominated high intensity work rate that they have for the past 3 seasons. Please tell me someone what is the difference and why we won't go the same way as the past ?

LINESPEED

Juniors
I absolutely so no evidence in any change in team management to offset the mid season meltdown , although McGregor has been quoted that they have. He still plays the 17th man infrequently and appears to be already playing players injured. The side is going well at present but are playing the same brand of unsustainable aggressive forward dominated high intensity work rate that they have for the past 3 seasons. Please tell me someone what is the difference and why we won't go the same way as the past ?

One finals win in 6yrs tells a tale of rank failure

Nothing will change

Backup forwards need blooding NOW to prepare for the 3-4 on SOO duty?
Jai needs minutes NOW to replace Benny?
Zac should’ve played #3 FROM Rd1

Where are the match fit NRL back replacements ready to go?

Our bog average centre pair have been together since 2016 -

with NO success & no attempt made at rotation or rejuvenation for readymade depth in case of injury or fatigue

Blind loyalty prevails over improved stats, combinations & results

Having watched Gasnier from 1959-67 it does my head in watching this pair fudge their limited trade over 4 desperately dull backline years.

Without a significant injury toll, we all know that none of the above can now change with Brian’s man at the wheel

bubs

Juniors
I'm just stoked the Sharks didn't have to sacrifice 2 points this year like we had to for the LAST Mary extension. 2 points in exchange for 3 years of Queens mediocrity was a high price to pay, but in the end probably worth it.

Nothing has changed at all.
2 losses
2 Golden point wins from Norman 40m FGs - sensational but hard to depend on those too often.
Flogged a second rate Canterbury by bullying their forwards AND
Lucky to beat a plucky Manly in the last few minutes.
Happy to get the competition points but I see no difference from previous years.
If the forwards dominate opposition packs we usually win.
When that starts to fade, so do the results.
Consistently using 16 players will end up repeating previous fades.

possm

Coach
Nothing has changed at all.
2 losses
2 Golden point wins from Norman 40m FGs - sensational but hard to depend on those too often.
Flogged a second rate Canterbury by bullying their forwards AND
Lucky to beat a plucky Manly in the last few minutes.
Happy to get the competition points but I see no difference from previous years.
If the forwards dominate opposition packs we usually win.
When that starts to fade, so do the results.
Consistently using 16 players will end up repeating previous fades.
I'm still really gutted over the extension decision and can't see my way clear to accepting it. I'll always support the Saints but I am sure will blame every game loss and every junior loss on this decision.

God help me, I'm getting too old to feel so upset about something I have no control over.

Latest posts