1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Paul McGregor Extension

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Crush, Apr 16, 2019.

1. to_ddeath

to_ddeath Coach

They allow you on the internet in jail???

Warabrook saint likes this.
  2. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

No doubt many can find a way to sugar coat our results thus far and no doubt wins are wins but ask yourself the question are you happy with the style of footy we are playing and do you think the style we are playing if sustained will be good enough to beat the top teams or win a comp?
    No doubt we are all pleased to eke out a win and of course happy to take the 2 points but surely we want to enjoy our team actually playing attractive footy or doesn't that matter?
    My biggest gripe is actually about the style of footy we play and how boring it can be and I am somewhat envious of the way some teams play even when they lose.
    I very much miss a Soward break, a B Moz length of the fielder, a Mundine moment or a Blacklock blinder.

3. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

Not satisfied with a Widdop slip, an Aitken crab walk or a Latimore shuffle?

4. possm

possm Coach

In the first half of season 2018, our forwards were dominating and we were off-loading and passing the ball often. To me our style ws mostly very entertaining. Our big problem was at the time not affecting our game - bench rotation and resting injured players. After SOO fatigue and injuries set in and we were gone for the season.

5. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

As exciting as they are I have to say one can only take so much of them otherwise rigormortis may set in.

6. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

possm
    this bum has been in charge for an eternity and we have played very limited games of entertaining football.
    Those that have been entertaining beggar the question why not all the time?

Warabrook saint likes this.
  7. Dragonsamy

Dragonsamy Bench

You nailed it crush

Como Connection likes this.
  8. Dragonsamy

Dragonsamy Bench

That's why they want Barrett as well.

9. BennyV

BennyV Coach

I personally don’t care about attractive footy if we win.

Problem with our style is that it’s not sustainable and won’t win us games when it counts.

LINESPEED likes this.
  10. Overseas dragon

Overseas dragon Juniors

Exactly Dennis use 16 and approx 34 hours of extra work for our tired forwards thru the year. .....

11. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer First Grade

Winning in style or winning ugly, it's still registered as a win and in years to come all the record books will show is a W or a L next to our name.

However, like you, and a few others, our constant use of the "power" game, will ultimately lead us to our famous fades. The big question remains, our back-ups are they ready? the obvious (to us) is no, but I'm sure the coaching staff are all over it, I mean just need to see whose names appear each week in the 21 to get the answer.

12. possm

possm Coach

I'm sure everyone on here will understand that smashing up your body week after week without sufficient rest to recuperate or take care of injuries will eventually see your body fatigued.

A remedy for this is good bench rotation and resting players who need a rest. In the long run having a player miss a game now and then is far better than being without that player for long periods or having that player inhibited on the field for many games.

Mary just does not learn. He has employed the same policy on this year after year with thee same result, fatigue and minor injuries causing poor performance from mid season on.

13. LINESPEED

LINESPEED Juniors

Kerr & Timm should be rotating in for Plod ASAP
    I think it’s called managing injuries & burnout?

But of course our cur won’t sack a pal

Too afraid of sedition even now with a 2 yr buffer

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  14. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

Indeed it is recorded as a W or a L for historical purposes but at the time did I really enjoy the game is an important question for me.
    If I don’t enjoy the style then far less likely I will attend the game as it is very easy to stay at home and turn the tv on it off as desired.
    Surely it is incumbent on the team to make sure the fans have an enjoyable experience?

Warabrook saint and possm like this.
  15. George Dragon

George Dragon Juniors

16. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Ha...translated.. so he was part of the problem but chose to leave out those words as he needs to find solutions to the problems and cant.
    Thanks Loz....for letting the Shane Flanagan coming to the Dragons cat out of the bag. Mary has also confirmed it but through in the catchphrase "we are still finalising it and its close"...but went on to explain his role starting in January...which has already started

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  17. Paddles

Paddles Juniors

Breathtaking. What a coward. Still hiding behind the players. I turned if off after 2 mins when he said he learned from his mistakes and didn't keep doing the same thing over and over again, followed by the interviewer starting another question with 'you're a great mate of mine'.

Also, translation of the above:

'I control everything that happens at this club, and none of the employees who depend on my unwavering patronage for their paycheck responded to a review I commissioned by saying I was the problem.'

18. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Nothing has changed....Shame on you board....Sooner he is gone the better.

19. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 First Grade

I saw this thread up again and hope it would say ........
    ...............................................................................'McGregor contract has been terminated.'

Whoever said there is a Santa is full of BS.
    Kids, Xmas has been cancelled.

jak, Warabrook saint and Coffs dragon like this.
  20. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

I wanna what he is doing to improve his ability to coach.

Prince Andrew now has the title of the second most delusional interview of the year...

blacksafake, jak, getsmarty and 4 others like this.