What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Newcastle Team List Thread

T-Boon

Coach
We should/could however the ones we have that you don't seem to want us to keep such as Ma'u, and Niukore would be just as good or perhaps even better than anyone we would find on the open market (keep in mind they need to be off-contract to be able to be got by us).

I have not looked in to who is available. But we should try to get someone because this team is not far off being a contender. We have a good middle and I like out spine. We need penetration on the edge, our centres and edge forwards are not premiership class though I like Lane and frankly I knew pretty much nothing about him prior to Arthur signing him. Mau is no longer any good.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We should get edge forwards off the open market.
The only thing I am really saying is Mau and Marata are expendable in my opinion.
Yeah Nah!!

Marata has been one of our most consistent players every week and will only continue to get better.

I might be a smart arse but at least I’m not a dumb arse.

emjaycee

Coach
I have not looked in to who is available. But we should try to get someone because this team is not far off being a contender. We have a good middle and I like out spine. We need penetration on the edge, our centres and edge forwards are not premiership class though I like Lane and frankly I knew pretty much nothing about him prior to Arthur signing him. Mau is no longer any good.
With all due respect, you do realise Jennings is the leading tryscorer in the comp with 6 tries from 5 games right? And you are being a bit harsh on Ma'u seeing as he hasn't played all year.

T-Boon

Coach
Marata has been one of our most consistent players every week and will only continue to get better.

If forwards are going to be bludging out in the centres and running at halves you want them to be a bit better than consistent. Lane is way better than Marata. He can hit a hole and off load. I have not seen any impact from Marata.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So you have no idea whos available but we should get rid of who we have here anyway??

Dig up stupid!!

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If forwards are going to be bludging out in the centres and running at halves you want them to be a bit better than consistent. Lane is way better than Marata. He can hit a hole and off load. I have not seen any impact from Marata.
Should stop feeding the troll.

T-Boon

Coach
With all due respect, you do realise Jennings is the leading tryscorer in the comp with 6 tries from 5 games right?

Okay but next year he is steaming trash again. That is his cycle.
Mau has been junk for 2 years.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I say this as someone who didn't really rate Niukore before this season began, but that is being harsh on him, imo.

He has been defensively sound, made good metres, and played big minutes.

He's only a rookie, don't forget.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Marata hasn’t even played a full NRL season and is already been fairly solid.

Marata has been more of a “hard” runner rather then a “hole” runner.

We are using Marata to run “hard/charge” out wide (and he has been doing it very well), hoping to drag in a few defenders due to his hard running, then we go the opposite way hopefully against a “disrupted” defence line (obviously this doesn’t happen every run as NRL defences are very good).

Little variations to our attack has help change our season around compared to last year and Marata’s has contributed to this.

Last edited:

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Not sure how it works out but this guy is a pretty good statistician, and last year using his metrics he had Marata as a top 3 defensive edge player. Niukore has been smashing players in both attack and defence this year and has really stiffened our defence on the right edge

T-Boon

Coach
Well start acting like a grown up you simple merkin.

Is anyone else having a problem with this individuals personal attacks when trying to discuss football issues. Should we have him banned? I am pretty sure he is aged about 11.

Gronk

Staff member
Is anyone else having a problem with this individuals personal attacks when trying to discuss football issues. Should we have him banned? I am pretty sure he is aged about 11.

Thank f**k that school holidays will be over in a few days then.

T-Boon

Coach
Thank f**k that school holidays will be over in a few days then.

I think he skips school. Couldn’t even work out what direction I took this thread in. I had to tell him it is about second rower rooster management. He still thinks it is about Parra stadium.

Gronk

Staff member
I think he skips school. Couldn’t even work out what direction I took this thread in. I had to tell him it is about second rower rooster management. He still thinks it is about Parra stadium.
Prolly a Queenslander too. :rolleyes:

Bazal

Post Whore

Not sure how it works out but this guy is a pretty good statistician, and last year using his metrics he had Marata as a top 3 defensive edge player. Niukore has been smashing players in both attack and defence this year and has really stiffened our defence on the right edge

Yeah but The Boon thinks we should go to three a side and have rules that allow for scores over seven hundred or whatever.

Bad troll is bad.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Put me on Ignore then quarter boy.

So much irony in one post.

Last edited:

muznik

Juniors
Okay but next year he is steaming trash again. That is his cycle.
Mau has been junk for 2 years.[/QUOTE]

Cant say i agree with that.
I'd rate him as one of our more potent forwards along with Brown.

Its hard to be effective when injured.

Latest posts