What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould leaving Penrith

darkbloom

Juniors
Panthers have not gone entirely without, they opted for a up front cash payment (of possibly lesser value) up front. That could work being a case of money's worth more now than later in many ways.
I don't doubt that is how the Board thinks.

age.s

First Grade
They mentioned the paying 3 coaches at once thing yesterday. I assumed they were talking about last year when we were paying Hook, Ciraldo and had paid out Cleary. NFI why we'd have anything to do with Maguire.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well you selectively prefer to ignore his greater accomplishments particularly given the evidence of far greater failures on the part of those in charge of the clubs as I have indicated above.

How can you possibly reconcile the actions of those in charge of Sharks and what they were complicit in as opposed to our GM who at worst made questionable decisions around certain well documented appointments.

You bang on relentlessly about management of our salary cap when half the NRL clubs have been caught out cheating or been an absolute basket case ie Bulldogs and or not held accountable because of who they are ie Broncos.

Do you even know who Matt Cameron is? Please enlighten us with your knowledge of his CV given you know how switched on he is?

If you are just make the numbers up that is fine. I am sure Gus and them didn't put in the long hours to just run mid table.

Pay players minimum wage. Pick up guys that other teams will pay some of their deals. Are just 2 things Gus didn't do that maybe new management does which may give us better recruits.

It also may not and they will get the same hammering Gus did from me if we go backwards

As for Matt Cameron. He was a teacher I think. Was at Parra on the coaching staff when they were good in the early 00's. Huge part in developing Hayne and them.
Setup the Academies in Bathurst, Dubbo, Forbes as well as being the only guy that I can think of to of been at the club the whole time Gus has.

No doubt learnt plenty off Gus but maybe the fresh eyes needed to take the next step

forby

Juniors
Paul Kent basically called Brandy and Gus liars. If pushed I bet he couldn’t produce one scrap of evidence that we are paying three coaches.
He is pushing a narrative that suits himself and his dislike of Penrith. He is Rothfield’s best mate after all!
It was like watching a kid making it up as he went along because the evidence didn’t go along with him.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Paul Kent basically called Brandy and Gus liars. If pushed I bet he couldn’t produce one scrap of evidence that we are paying three coaches.
He is pushing a narrative that suits himself and his dislike of Penrith. He is Rothfield’s best mate after all!
It was like watching a kid making it up as he went along because the evidence didn’t go along with him.

He did. Sadly he is nothing but an ambulance chaser. I have fox but increasingly I am watching less of the coffee table league shows.
Thesedays I only watch small segments if they are of interest. Kent is probably the major reason. He tends to yell over the top of all, demanding that his viewpoint is the only one.

Some of the best sources for relevent and balanced reports come from Western Weekender Troy Dodds and Nathan Taylor.

Fox for me is great for the lifestyle shows, docos and footy games when they are not on free to air telly.

When watching fox games I do tend to mute the sound and the inane comments get pretty boring after a while.

Abacus

Juniors
No. I'd be concerned if I couldn't see the development being built. Short term priorities have shifted but they still own the assests atm
And the development proceeds are going to Panthers? More likely the club sold the land to the developers CABE & Tulich.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
They mentioned the paying 3 coaches at once thing yesterday. I assumed they were talking about last year when we were paying Hook, Ciraldo and had paid out Cleary. NFI why we'd have anything to do with Maguire.

Hook was paid out in 2018. Cleary gave W/T money from his contract and Penrith as a good will gesture. Gosh of gosh Kent does like to tell stories doesn't he ?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
And the development proceeds are going to Panthers? More likely the club sold the land to the developers CABE & Tulich.

Surely that are rental properties with both paying rent. Flecther said today the sale of Panthers Newey paid for the academy. So no poker machine licences were sold.

Abacus

Juniors
Surely that are rental properties with both paying rent. Flecther said today the sale of Panthers Newey paid for the academy. So no poker machine licences were sold.
Um, no developers would not be renting. Developers are looking for profit. Similar to selling the pokie revenue for 5 years, club would have looked for the short term cash injection from the land sale.

Flashstep

Juniors
Fox Sports has gone down hill massively in recent years, they’re just lucky they’re competing with channel 9 because they have gone from having fair neutral entertaining commentators to hiring ex football players that are about as interesting as paint drying and then they constantly put them on games with teams they used to play for and it’s so obviously bias.

Then you have their talk shows, majority of them just constantly talk down the game whenever they get the chance despite the fact that they are in the position they are just because the game exists, and they have a clear agenda against Penrith anyone with half a brain can tell that whenever you unfortunately have to listen to Kent, Rothfield or Crowley

Truth is the women on Fox Sports are the best on air talent they have, Fox should go back to hiring people with actual on air talent like they used to and stop picking up ex footy players from the Broncos

hindy111

Post Whore
Gee. It is almost as if Penrith had no Jnrs before Gould arrived.

Your best ones are at other clubs.Let go by Phil. Graheme,MJ and Moylan would all walk into the side.

Moylan would of been in the system before Phil arrived. Name all the great juniors?
Guys like Yeo,RCG,May,Dwz,Cleary,Edwards,Egan, Blake, Leota are all good first graders but none are build a club around or panic if lost them.

None are as good as the 3 I mentioned at their peaks. Pritchard,Puletua,Wesser,Lewis,Rooney,Rodney,Wesser,Becket,Drew,Gower,MJ..... Anyone remember those days? Sure I missed a heap as well. These guys where better then the overhyped and overpaid kids Gould has rushed into first grade to make it look like he has done this exceptional job.
He was passed his use by date I feel.

roofromoz

First Grade
The Fox Sports home page at this time has no less than FIVE articles on it...

Bridge burned: How Phil Gould sacked Ivan Cleary in first stint at Panthers
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/3e84dd7f8684d18fdd4d224b159ac390

Three pivotal moments that helped seal Phil Gould’s fate at the Penrith Panthers
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/626a5e6befe57fbecc98509b0dad721b

Phil Gould denies Penrith Panthers reign was a failure despite lack of premiership
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...p/news-story/feba3028bea9e8487cb7a2104b9190dc

‘I gave him a cuddle and a kiss’: Gould reveals moment he told Cleary of Panthers exit
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/9cb4a7aabb9ddb4924bcbad85569c5b1

Panthers boss Brian Fletcher reveals ‘four or five’ clubs have approached Phil Gould
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/52236e242f1d6767b85ec91be3137014

forby

Juniors
You may think that and you have a right to.
At least you aren't calling Gus and Brandy liars like Paul Kent!

franklin2323

Immortal
No they don't. The residential development site was sold outright for $8.5m - they do not own it. There may be some revenue arrangement with the sale of units. I have not checked what happened with The Royce.

The Royce and the convention centre I meant. ESQ 1818 will have some sort of arrangement long term you'd think or there would be nothing in it for the club

forby

Juniors
5 articles say much the same thing and yet Kent still spouts his 'facts' and that what everybody says is rubbish because he knows the 'truth'!

franklin2323

Immortal

The convention centre has government money in it. That would be solid for the club.

Cabe bought the land but I think there was money in it somewhere on the retail side of things. The residental is all Cabe's

The Royce I can't find but unlike ESQ Panthers is down as an owner with Tulloch. So would have some sort of % to the club.

You would think annually combined there would be a decent return especially if it got finance easy enough

TheFrog

Coach
Graheme,MJ and Moylan
Wade Graham left us at the end of 2010, before Gus arrived. He was a bad loss. Jennings was rocks and diamonds for us, and expensive at that. He still is. He's had a couple of good games this year but what about last year and the year before that. He was the perfect candidate for moving on when the club had cap issues. Moylan had a blue with the coach but the crux of it was he had a poor attitude to training and rehab here. He's a talented lad though but could be so much better. You didn't mention Lewis. He was stripped of the captaincy for reasons unknown to me and decided he wanted out. Another bad loss. Mick Gordon too.

Latest posts