What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Board Elections

Abacus

Juniors
I'm surprised at the level of animosity being directed to Girds following his commentary in the media. I don't think he has said anything more than what a large section of the club's fans, members and supporters are thinking and saying.

Maybe it hits closer to home because he is a premiership Panther. This shouldn't stop him from criticising the club when it is warranted. If we're worried about a little criticism, maybe we should just suck up the poor performances and stick with mate-appointing Dave for the next 5 years. I'm sure the coach will explain to Dave how the staff and team are progressing and the coach himself is really learning how to do his job.

Pomoz

Bench
If the shoe fits...a man who captained our club, brought us our 1st premiership, our greatest ever panther, represented our state and country is now incompetent, fmd, well let us know your name and credentials so we can all vote for you then
Well Bob, if you are on the Board and the club performs badly, then you have to take responsibility. I have been on boards and felt the wrath of shareholders when things go wrong.You can't be up front getting the money and the perks, but then blame others. It doesn't diminish what Brandy achieved as a player or in the media but what has just happened is poor and he was part of the board.

My qualifications and experience don't prevent me from having an opinion about the current situation. But, for the record I am qualified enough to serve as a director and CEO on boards and have been lucky enough and privileged to run businesses with 2000+ staff. I have no experience running licensed clubs or football teams but I can spot when its done well.

Fangs

Coach
Well Bob, if you are on the Board and the club performs badly, then you have to take responsibility. I have been on boards and felt the wrath of shareholders when things go wrong.You can't be up front getting the money and the perks, but then blame others. It doesn't diminish what Brandy achieved as a player or in the media but what has just happened is poor and he was part of the board.

My qualifications and experience don't prevent me from having an opinion about the current situation. But, for the record I am qualified enough to serve as a director and CEO on boards and have been lucky enough and privileged to run businesses with 2000+ staff. I have no experience running licensed clubs or football teams but I can spot when its done well.

I gotcha.

Abacus

Juniors
Sounds good to me - I nominate @Pomoz for the rival ticket.

Pomoz

Bench
Sounds good to me - I nominate @Pomoz for the rival ticket.
You know what Abacus, if I still lived in Penrith I would have a crack but geography defeats me. It's hard to do when you are based in SE Asia. I also suspect that only locals who know the right people will get a chance and doubt whether any businessman has a chance when they aren't connected to local Penrith businesses. I bet I wouldn't get so much as a handful of votes compared to mr Cheesecake. Networking is everything in league, how else does Corey Payne become a CEO with nil experience, or Matt Gidley for that matter? Qualifications and experience matter very little in the incestuous world of league.

Nowadays, I only get to games when I visit Australia, but I watch every game through NRL watch and Setanta previously. I miss going to matches, I used to love sitting up in the Western Grandstand and tucking into a pie this time of year as the cold creeps in. This year I might need pies and hard liquor to help me get through the games. We are just awful this year. The great thing about sport though, there is always next year.