What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelogical

Referee
And it happens far too often, and the coaching staff have failed to rectify this weakness. Another loss coming this weekend. And I dare say we’ll play the panthers into form too.
I expect a loss in Townsville only because we don't travel well, we don't have a great record there, and to top it off it's not in us to come back from stupendous losses like we just witnessed. Mind you, my record on here regarding predictions in worse than Parraboy's.

IT went like this:

Anything can happen from now till June. We could win our next 4 straight then hit the wall losing the next 5. Or vice versa. The result could go either way, would giving BA another few games make a huge difference?

So, let's say we re-sign BA for 3 years today, and we do lose our next 5 games and we have 4 wins from 12 games, following a very disappointing 2018. And it would be perfectly possible that the 4 wins could turn out to be against teams in the bottom half of the table by that time. Are you going to pat the board on the back and say 'well done'.

12 games seems a reasonable sample to me....you've played most teams in the comp by then, and you have some evidence as to how well those teams are going in the comp.

My point is when he should of been sacked he wasn’t. Leaving it till later on in the year may cost us a signing or two.

emjaycee

Coach
So why hasn't any coach since Smith been able to 'fix the place up'? Bad luck? Or is it possible that things aren't as black and white as you think?
Mr. PouPou Escobar has been claiming on here for years that the problem isn't inside the club and I am starting to finally think he may be right. He claims the problem is with us, the supporters and what our expectations are and that this leads to constant change and no long term direction within the club. This would filter to the playing group in some way I reckon.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Mr. PouPou Escobar has been claiming on here for years that the problem isn't inside the club and I am starting to finally think he may be right. He claims the problem is with us, the supporters and what our expectations are and that this leads to constant change and no long term direction within the club. This would filter to the playing group in some way I reckon.
Its definitely a factor. Its the same reason why most modern politicians are shit. Too busy trying to appeal to idiots.

Bazal

Post Whore

It certainly affects the club more than people might admit.

Fans=members. And sometimes members are as complicit in the factional dysfunction as the blokes running for the seats.

But I think the main thing is we have been one of the most poorly run clubs in the NRL for over a decade. We've had factions fighting over us like a scrap of meat, using the club for their own ends.That doesn't make it easy to to build a genuine, properly successful club.

Eelogical

Referee
Tell me about it. I remember you came on here talking up Chumleys. I went there the other day and its plop!
I've never talked up Chumley's. You spruiked their Birkdale store and I then checked out their reviews. Never been, not wasting good coin on second rate pommie fish and chips.

Soto

Bench
So why hasn't any coach since Smith been able to 'fix the place up'? Bad luck? Or is it possible that things aren't as black and white as you think?
The tenures of coaches proceeding smit
i don't think we have been able to get that high profile coach we have needed. This proud club needed to get a Bennett or Bellamy. As much as Stuart turned out to be a failure you can't question his intentions to clear the decks and get the right playing personnel in.
Home came calling and off he went.
I also suspect when some previous coaches were dictated to as to which players should play and be signed then that was a recipe for disaster. Pretty certain with the setup and structure we have in place from the front office to through to the coaching ranks this will not rear its ugly head again

Eelogical

Referee

i don't think we have been able to get that high profile coach we have needed. This proud club needed to get a Bennett or Bellamy. As much as Stuart turned out to be a failure you can't question his intentions to clear the decks and get the right playing personnel in.
I also suspect when some previous coaches were dictated to as to which players should play and be signed then that was a recipe for disaster. Pretty certain with the setup and structure we have in place from the front office to through to the coaching ranks this will not rear its ugly head again
Just asking as you're a newb here, how long have you been a Eels supporter?

T-Boon

Coach
I expect a loss in Townsville only because we don't travel well, we don't have a great record there, and to top it off it's not in us to come back from stupendous losses like we just witnessed. Mind you, my record on here regarding predictions in worse than Parraboy's.

This is right though, I think even Brad Arthur would be tipping against us in the ESPN tipping comp.
He be like: Ferk no Parra in NQ? Never.

Djay

Juniors
I think the club has finally made a reasonable sensible decision, surprisingly.

Out of all the options out there BA was as good as any other rookie we would have gotten. We are the last club that can afford to punt another coach and bring in another rookie into the firing line that is Parramatta's coaching gig.

The next 2 years for BA are massive, he has enough to get the team he wants again after the 2016 debacle and it provides him plenty of time to perform.

He will want to perform though, time is not on his side and we need to start seeing some consistent football and consistent September footy.

No coach was going to transform us into a premiership contender in a year or 2, it's a seamless signing and it's now time to move forward.

Soto

Bench
As I suspected............newb. View attachment 29773 Welcome to the house of pain.
Thank you..ive been in pain for a long time. Us Eels supporters have a tolerance many others can't understand. At the end of the day we all want the same thing. A successful Eels. A premiership on average every 10 years would be nice but hoping the next one comes in the next couple of years. Been tooooo long between drinks

Thank you..ive been in pain for a long time. Us Eels supporters have a tolerance many others can't understand. At the end of the day we all want the same thing. A successful Eels. A premiership on average every 10 years would be nice but hoping the next one comes in the next couple of years. Been tooooo long between drinks
Welcome merkin.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

I can't see us getting the high profile coach we need until we sort some other things out. Until then we just end up attracting mediocre coaches and the cycle of shit continues.

P.S. Welcome mate!

Latest posts