What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

Bazal

Post Whore
This will potentially bankrupt the ARU. I doubt it’s anywhere as straightforward as they are making it out to be

Yeah but the loss of major sponsors if they kept him (and let's face it, there must be quite a few just itching to dump their deals with the way rugby is going here) and the damage to the brand would potentially bankrupt them too.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. At least if they can prove he's breached his contract they probably don't have to pay him much, if anything.

I think fostering inclusivity in the sport is a good thing, for sure. I just don’t think you can legislate adherence of belief and values.

Sure, but you can "legislate" (although I'd have probably used mandate or direct) behaviour. Every organisation does.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Evolution is real. I believe in it.

However, Macroevolution is absolute b@llshit.

There is not one shred of evidence for it on planet earth.

lol nice attempt to explain away belief in God.

Those who truly believe in God. Know it. Its not just faith.

Then there is those who are extremely well researched. They understand theology so they can back up the belief with factual requirements from history.

Look around you. Everything is written in code.

How do you reconcile the big bang theory?

Space, time and matter can not exist without each other. Whatever created space, time and matter is outside of these things. Big bangs require big bangers. So what was it?

Otherwise, the only counter argument is the universe is eternal.

So what your really saying is you 90% believe what chrisitians believe. In an eternal, non created creator that makes life.

Not so different then? :)

It's nice to see you admit that you have no idea also.

Consciousness is subjective, so in other words - "Whatever gets it up for you Bob"

Now lets all go kill some Homo's.

Iron Lion

Juniors
That attitude can allow you to believe literally anything. Every major religion has evidence it you just believe and research. Yet there’s only one god?

What you said is true and false.

All major religions are true. and that is not a paradox.

They are all dealing with the same entities. the same players. Horus is Hercules, who is Apollo, who is Apollyon who is Nimrod and a million other names and incarnations. Sames stories belonging to one original source. And one story plot. All religions if you research you will see.

Christianity is not a religion though the Catholic church sought to make it exactly that.

Christianity is the only option of all spiritual paths on earth that offers you the gift of life for free. You dont have to do anything except accept Jesus. God comes to you.

All other paths, on the other hand, require works. Require you raising your spiritual plain. You to become to God. You to raise to gods.

The bible is filled with gods. That is why the Almighty God says 'you will have no gods before me'

Meth

Staff member
I think this case is going to come down to how robust the ARU's social media policy is and their initial warning of Folau was.

Iron Lion

Juniors
It's nice to see you admit that you have no idea also.

Consciousness is subjective, so in other words - "Whatever gets it up for you Bob"

Now lets all go kill some Homo's.

Sorry you must have understood. I admit I have clear educated and proved belief.

Consciousness is not subjective. It's a choice.

If God and Jesus were true would you except and follow them.

Your answer will prove your consciousness.

Bazal

Post Whore
Great given we can see a constant genetic progression from our ancestor species - in that case there is no shortage then of fossil records displaying macroevolution?

any stage of it? point the way so we can end this debate against the theory/oops fairy tale of macroevolution once and for all.

Mate, I am not having an argument about evolution in the NRL forum. Especially not with a creationist.

I have already told you evolution is not linear. If you really, truly want to learn something and better your own knowledge of the world, I'd suggest reading up on things like Homo rhodiensis, Homo ergaster, Homo heidelbergensis, Homo antecessor, Homo habilis, Australopithecus africanus, Australopithecus afarensis. I would also suggest, for bonus understanding, reading up on mitochondrial Eve, and the genetic influence of Neanderthals and Denisovans in our own makeup.

Enjoy.

Iron Lion

Juniors
Mate, I am not having an argument about evolution in the NRL forum. Especially not with a creationist.

I have already told you evolution is not linear. If you really, truly want to learn something and better your own knowledge of the world, I'd suggest reading up on things like Homo rhodiensis, Homo ergaster, Homo heidelbergensis, Homo antecessor, Homo habilis, Australopithecus africanus, Australopithecus afarensis. I would also suggest, for bonus understanding, reading up on mitochondrial Eve, and the genetic influence of Neanderthals and Denisovans in our own makeup.

Enjoy.

What a cop out.

Why would I read these fairy tales for?

Where is the evidence?

Where are the Fossils for Macroevolution?

Instead of avoiding the question - answer it.

Where are the fossils? We have millions upon millions of year old dinosaur bones right?

So where are any fossils displaying macroevolution?

Come on seriously

You need a bigger belief to believe evolution than Christians need to believe in God.

Just look at particle theory. How does that not offer enough proof to you of God?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What I wonder about is how long it'll be before we reach the next logical conclusion of this policy of banning people that express a thought crime, to simply banning everybody that we (as a society) know/think we know holds these and similar ideas
I stopped reading after this rubbish statement.

Nobody is banning anything. Nobody has done anything illegal and no new rules are being created.

Folau committed a high level breach of his agreement as an RA player to uphold the organisation's code of conduct on more than one occasion. It was an agreement he was free to enter into.

And while he is free to express his religion, his opinion and he's perfectly entitled to post what he's posted, he's not free from the consequences, both in a societal and HR sense.

Bazal

Post Whore
What a cop out.

Why would I read these fairy tales for?

Where is the evidence?

Where are the Fossils for Macroevolution?

Instead of avoiding the question - answer it.

Where are the fossils? We have millions upon millions of year old dinosaur bones right?

So where are any fossils displaying macroevolution?

Come on seriously

You need a bigger belief to believe evolution than Christians need to believe in God.

Just look at particle theory. How does that not offer enough proof to you of God?

Every single one of those names I listed is supported by fossil evidence. Many by DNA evidence too, although a few I'm not sure on in that regard as my area of work was evolutionary ecology. Good to see you're just as dismissive of evidence as I presumed you might be.

Read and learn, or don't. Your choice really. But this is an NRL forum, so that's as far as I go out of respect to people who don't care either way.

Have a blessed day. Lol.

jaseg

Juniors
I think this case is going to come down to how robust the ARU's social media policy is and their initial warning of Folau was.

Speaking generally and without going into too much detail...

The RA Code of Conduct is pretty clear. And Folau might contest that there was a warning, but he's going to struggle (given the public statements made at the time, he had to be aware RA viewed him as being in the wrong) without clear evidence... something that would be very hard to have short of correspondence telling him he's not in any sort of trouble. If he had that, I doubt he would have been found guilty (of a high level breach, anyway) in the first place.

Challenging the fairness of the contract itself is one way to do it - but easily countered. Rugby Australia does not have monopoly power over his deal (I mean, he's played in 3 different leagues in this country, then you've got the potential for both Union & League in England, France, Ireland, Japan etc etc), and he willingly entered into the contract after being given that first warning.

So now you're down to anti-discrimination, which is a very thin argument, given that he's the one who has actively discriminated against another group/s to set this whole thing off. The rights of one group vs the rights of another? Who do you protect? But of course, this is a false argument, since his religion doesn't require him to get out in public (via social media) and spout his crap, just to think it. And he's not being sacked for the latter.

Basically, boo f**king hoo, you can't do whatever you like in public when you work for an organisation that doesn't agree with those actions. You're being compensated (in part) to not do those particular things. Don't like it? Go work for someone else who will agree to allow what you want to do publicly. He might have grown up experiencing a sort of athlete exceptionalism... but he ain't special in the eyes of the law. Certainly no more special than teachers, police, PR people, <insert any other job - and there are a LOT - where any person has been sacked for public missteps here>.

Latest posts