What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

Bazal

Post Whore
And I get it. There’s limits to being able to freely express your views. What those limits are is being tested right now.

Not really tbh.

All that's been tested is the ARU code of conduct. Which Folau breached.

Everything else is really just fluff. Unsurprisingly mostly created by people who believe bigotry=free speech. And I don't include yourself in that, nor do I think it's necessarily that simple.

The original issue is though. Breach of contract, for a second time. And I somehow keep getting sucked in to the discussion like a chump lol

Iron Lion

Juniors
Why has this gone 47 pages? Sport is based on the idea that everyone is included if able enough to compete at some level. Sport is REAL unlike the fables for the misguided and mentally ill.

I agree, stupid fables like humans coming from apes who came from walking creatures who came from crawling fish, who came from fish who came slime-like creatures who came from magical organisms who came from magic cells that magically decided to form themselves who came from a magic single cell that magically formed to life .... and so fairytale on....

Why do they call it the missing link? why not just fable?

Then taking into account this all happened from a big bang universe where space, matter and time cannot exist without each other. So whatever created the universe had to be outside of space, time and matter. But NO, its all fables for the mentally ill.

Iron Lion

Juniors
No, they’re a paraphrase of some passages from a book cobbled together from a bunch of old middle eastern stories that some people (including Izzy) think contains the word of God. But that doesn’t make it so.

Spoken like somebody who clearly has an understanding of middle eastern history, Aramaic and Hebrew roots, theology, eschatology and full context of so-called stories laid out over 66 books and the thousands of outside sources that point to them.

What makes you an authority to say it is not the word of God?

What evidence can you produce to state such a claim?

The worlds greatest atheists who refute the claims of Jesus all except he existed.

Pommy

Coach
Spoken like somebody who clearly has an understanding of middle eastern history, Aramaic and Hebrew roots, theology, eschatology and full context of so-called stories laid out over 66 books and the thousands of outside sources that point to them.

What makes you an authority to say it is not the word of God?

What evidence can you produce to state such a claim?

The lack of evidence of a god?

Bazal

Post Whore
I agree, stupid fables like humans coming from apes who came from walking creatures who came from crawling fish, who came from fish who came slime-like creatures who came from magical organisms who came from magic cells that magically decided to form themselves who came from a magic single cell that magically formed to life .... and so fairytale on....

Then taking into account this all happened from a big bang universe where space, matter and time cannot exist without each other. So whatever created the universe had to be outside of space, time and matter. But NO, its all fables for the mentally ill.

The missing link is a myth, grabbed by creationists to try and discredit something they don't understand.

There is no single missing link.

Meth

Staff member
Not really tbh.

All that's been tested is the ARU code of conduct. Which Folau breached.

Everything else is really just fluff. Unsurprisingly mostly created by people who believe bigotry=free speech. And I don't include yourself in that, nor do I think it's necessarily that simple.

The original issue is though. Breach of contract, for a second time. And I somehow keep getting sucked in to the discussion like a chump lol

This will potentially bankrupt the ARU. I doubt it’s anywhere as straightforward as they are making it out to be

Meth

Staff member
I think fostering inclusivity in the sport is a good thing, for sure. I just don’t think you can legislate adherence of belief and values.

Iron Lion

Juniors
I think fostering inclusivity in the sport is a good thing, for sure. I just don’t think you can legislate adherence of belief and values.

Politics and correctness should be kept out of sports.

A Satanist, a Christian, a Muslim, a Atheist, a Hindu should all be able to share the field and they should all be able to express their beliefs in their communities.

Silencing voices is a dictatorship.

Meth

Staff member

This is a clumsily made point because there is the legitimate question as to how freely an employee can express his/her views on social media.

coolumsharkie

Referee

If you argue against evolution in this day and age you might as well believe the Earth is flat.

(See what I did there?)

Also, humans have the ability to realise that they don't know everything that occurs in the universe and our origins, so therefore we collude to research the truth about these things and hypothesise an outcome which gives us a better understanding of our outer surroundings and our origins.

You know at the end of the day, you don't really believe in God, (imo) you just don't want to let go of the idea that you (we) are not in control of everything and that your self convincing doesn't give you the power to see the unseen or unknown or the ability to know what lies beyond in the Cosmos.

Anyway I can see now why this has gone on for 47 pages, God botherers.

carcharias

Immortal
Anyone who doesn’t understand why he is in the shit is a moron.

The reason he is in shit is because he broke the rules.

Just like
A forward pass in footy is against the rules
And just in general everyday life
Stealing a car is against the rules
Raping a child is against the rules
Speeding in your car is against the rules

The dumb merkin has himself absolutely contradicted himself in what he has done.
He said
You get drunk
You have sex outside of marriage
You are gay
Means you are breaking the rules .

Problem is he said it on social media
Guess what
That’s against the rules of rugby union.

He is a dumb merkin.

He should quit sport and get himself a milk crate to stand on so he can preach to everyone.
Problem is that’s against the rules.
Not allowed to steal a milk crate.

insert.pause

First Grade
He can burn in hell for being a mercenary and shacking up with the afl in Western Sydney. Now he has nowhere else to go, f**k him!

Iron Lion

Juniors
If you argue against evolution in this day and age you might as well believe the Earth is flat.

(See what I did there?)

Also, humans have the ability to realise that they don't know everything that occurs in the universe and our origins, so therefore we collude to research the truth about these things and hypothesise an outcome which gives us a better understanding of our outer surroundings and our origins.

You know at the end of the day, you don't really believe in God, (imo) you just don't want to let go of the idea that you (we) are not in control of everything and that your self convincing doesn't give you the power to see the unseen or unknown or the ability to know what lies beyond in the Cosmos.

Anyway I can see now why this has gone on for 47 pages, God botherers.

Evolution is real. I believe in it.

However, Macroevolution is absolute b@llshit.

There is not one shred of evidence for it on planet earth.

lol nice attempt to explain away belief in God.

Those who truly believe in God. Know it. Its not just faith.

Then there is those who are extremely well researched. They understand theology so they can back up the belief with factual requirements from history.

Look around you. Everything is written in code.

How do you reconcile the big bang theory?

Space, time and matter can not exist without each other. Whatever created space, time and matter is outside of these things. Big bangs require big bangers. So what was it?

Otherwise, the only counter argument is the universe is eternal.

So what your really saying is you 90% believe what chrisitians believe. In an eternal, non created creator that makes life.

Not so different then? :)

Iron Lion

Juniors
He can burn in hell for being a mercenary and shacking up with the afl in Western Sydney. Now he has nowhere else to go, f**k him!

Just for the record, from theology hell is not where people go to burn.

There is powerful hyperbolic language there.

Hell is separation from God. Those who don't want to be with him.

Anybody who goes to hell is not upset that it is unfair. They would rather have nothing for eternity than God.

Just for context.

Bazal

Post Whore
WFT did i just read?

An informed response, as expected....

This is not the place for a discussion of evolutionary theory and I am not in the habit of arguing with the sort of people who think evolution is a fairy tale despite the evidence being locked inside their own bodies, lol.

However I'll give you one thing for free. The term "missing link" is an outdated vestige of a time where evolutionary theory was young, and seen as a linear progression. Which it is not. Because evolution is a process of branching there is actually no singular "missing link" between humans and ancient hominids. We can see a constant genetic progression from our ancestor species.

It's fitting, then, that outdated vestiges of the past like creationists cling to a term that is similarly outdated

Iron Lion

Juniors
Anyone who doesn’t understand why he is in the shit is a moron.

The reason he is in shit is because he broke the rules.

Just like
A forward pass in footy is against the rules
And just in general everyday life
Stealing a car is against the rules
Raping a child is against the rules
Speeding in your car is against the rules

The dumb merkin has himself absolutely contradicted himself in what he has done.
He said
You get drunk
You have sex outside of marriage
You are gay
Means you are breaking the rules .

Problem is he said it on social media
Guess what
That’s against the rules of rugby union.

He is a dumb merkin.

He should quit sport and get himself a milk crate to stand on so he can preach to everyone.
Problem is that’s against the rules.
Not allowed to steal a milk crate.

Sorry what rule or rules did he break?

Iron Lion

Juniors
An informed response, as expected....

This is not the place for a discussion of evolutionary theory and I am not in the habit of arguing with the sort of people who think evolution is a fairy tale despite the evidence being locked inside their own bodies, lol.

However I'll give you one thing for free. The term "missing link" is an outdated vestige of a time where evolutionary theory was young, and seen as a linear progression. Which it is not. Because evolution is a process of branching there is actually no singular "missing link" between humans and ancient hominids. We can see a constant genetic progression from our ancestor species.

It's fitting, then, that outdated vestiges of the past like creationists cling to a term that is similarly outdated

Great given we can see a constant genetic progression from our ancestor species - in that case there is no shortage then of fossil records displaying macroevolution?

any stage of it? point the way so we can end this debate against the theory/oops fairy tale of macroevolution once and for all.

Pommy

Coach
The evidence is there.

Its whether you believe it or research it.

Those that truly want God find him.

Those that don't, won't find him.

Simple as that.

Noone is forced in this life.

That attitude can allow you to believe literally anything. Every major religion has evidence it you just believe and research. Yet there’s only one god?

Latest posts