What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Board Elections

darkbloom

Juniors
Thread has been active a week. You and @Bob realise it takes longer than that to put a ticket together right?

Meanwhile you're inferring others are impatient for wanting change after 10 weeks of poor performances. Ah, the irony.

Yep, you're right Abacus.

One reason it is so damned difficult to change the Board is because the "resolve" is so fleeting -expecting action and success quickly. This expectation is there - the resolve is fleeting - because the desire for change is built on such a fleeting thing as on-field results within a short time frame like 10 weeks of low standard football.

I think I am one of the few in this forum who believe there are serious problems within our club that are deeply entrenched and that have been woven into our club over the last decade or so.

Abacus

Juniors
Yep, you're right Abacus.

One reason it is so damned difficult to change the Board is because the "resolve" is so fleeting -expecting action and success quickly. This expectation is there - the resolve is fleeting - because the desire for change is built on such a fleeting thing as on-field results within a short time frame like 10 weeks of low standard football.

I think I am one of the few in this forum who believe there are serious problems within our club that are deeply entrenched and that have been woven into our club over the last decade or so.
I think the key realisation for many is that you can't be a footy director only. You need to bring some sort of expertise for the licensed club's operations - gaming, bars & catering essentially. The majority of the board's time are spent on non-football matters including strategy and governance.

The board I think are trying to diversify their operations - personally I think hotels and exhibition centres are misguided but I'd be happy to be proved wrong. I'm not sure we have the right CEO for the licensed club either - I'd rather we headhunt a candidate from a strong club. But the board's last headhunting isn't turning out well ATM.

It's a reminder that key positions shouldn't be based on personal opinions by individuals with no precious experience in a field. Unfortunately it's history (Elliott) repeating itself.

franklin2323

Immortal
Martin Lang's tweet. Girds on the radio ex players are taking note.

I have fired off an email to Priddis too via the charity. All guys with contacts to get the numbers needed.

Who knows in a month might have a rival ticket hopefully

darkbloom

Juniors
I think the key realisation for many is that you can't be a footy director only. You need to bring some sort of expertise for the licensed club's operations - gaming, bars & catering essentially. The majority of the board's time are spent on non-football matters including strategy and governance.

The board I think are trying to diversify their operations - personally I think hotels and exhibition centres are misguided but I'd be happy to be proved wrong. I'm not sure we have the right CEO for the licensed club either - I'd rather we headhunt a candidate from a strong club. But the board's last headhunting isn't turning out well ATM.

It's a reminder that key positions shouldn't be based on personal opinions by individuals with no precious experience in a field. Unfortunately it's history (Elliott) repeating itself.

Personally I think they pay too much attention to football operations and not enough to framing the overall direction.

They need a strong leader for the Panthers Group and under him or her a strong leader for the football club who is allowed to and given the authority run the footy club according to the directions set (or approved) by the Board - but who also is measured against the KPI's - including financial KPIs - set to achieve what has been agreed.

Same with the licensed clubs.

The current CEO of the Group is not good enough. The current GM for the Penrith licensed club is not good enough. The current head of football (who is that?) is not good enough.

Abacus

Juniors
Personally I think they pay too much attention to football operations and not enough to framing the overall direction.

They need a strong leader for the Panthers Group and under him or her a strong leader for the football club who is allowed to and given the authority run the footy club according to the directions set (or approved) by the Board - but who also is measured against the KPI's - including financial KPIs - set to achieve what has been agreed.

Same with the licensed clubs.

The current CEO of the Group is not good enough. The current GM for the Penrith licensed club is not good enough. The current head of football (who is that?) is not good enough.
Agree on all counts.

forby

Juniors
Does anybody know a wealthy CEO who supports Penrith and would be prepared to stand? We really need somebody like Nick Politis.

aqua_duck

Coach
Panthers take in stray Dogs official
Penrith have hired former Canterbury Leagues Club chief executive David Brace as Panthers Group's new chief operating officer.

Brace was moved on from the club after the Lynne Anderson-led ticket got into power at the Bulldogs.

Sauce: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/13...could-wait-until-2021-to-open-contract-talks/
Step in the right direction for you guys. I know Dave personally and he's more experienced and qualified in club management than anyone currently at Panthers, to be completely honest he's probably overqualified to be COO but there might be a succession plan in place and best part of all is he's a Penrith man through and through

aqua_duck

Coach
I couldn't say but he was at Panthers 20+ years ago as a young fella. From memory he was at Penrith Bowlo for a bit - not sure how long he was at the Dogs.
He was at Canterbury for about 5 years and it's really hard to judge if he was successful or not because the club was undergoing a major renovation during most of his tenure and there was a lot of interference from the football department as well which pretty much pillaged the leagues club for financial support especially at the start of Hasler's tenure. Before that he was very successful as CEO of Wenty Leagues and pretty much saved Gosford RSL from going under. Like I said he's a Penrith man through and through and we used to joke around that even when he was CEO of Canterbury he secretly had his panthers jersey on under his suit.
In terms of experience, qualifications and industry reputation he's well ahead of Brian Fletcher who ran a semi rural racing club for 30 years and worked for a council before that, Dave is a qualified accountant who's been CEO of 2 of the top 10 clubs in the state and has run 4-5 clubs of various sizes.

darkbloom

Juniors
Dave Brace is possibly the only decent recruitment decision that has been made by the Panthers organisation in 10 years - doesn't alter the poor showing of the Panthers Board over that time. Nor does the recent winning streak but as I have said many times, losses generate criticisms that are quickly dissipated when the losing streak is replaced by a few wins. It is all just a gut reaction with little thought and reasoning.

darkbloom

Juniors
Now the season is over. Time for this fast approaching. Anyone no of other option there will be to vote out the chairman

Elections happen every 2 years. Whilever the appetite for change is driven by the wins/losses ratio there is never a real appetite for change. This week's editorial in the Western Weekender is what most people do. That is - ignore the issues that are about club governance. This Board has a lot to answer for but the questions are not about the wins/losses or not making finals or "premiership windows" closing.

https://westernweekender.com.au/201...3IIYn2s7L6NjgElSNDR7aogHteG_xVWPE5T9NycouLNLQ