What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters
when-someone-calls-you-gay-and-you-say-no-u-32688626.png

Billythekid

First Grade
Given the NRLs hardline stance on Folau anyone would think that he curbstomped someone, or assaulted his missus AND committed a drunken & dangerous driving offence.

Perhaps if he did the latter he'd be held up as a role model and receive a personal reference from Todd.

Whilst the ARU were well within their rights to terminate his contract, a couple of homophobic tweets shouldn't mean the end of his football career.

And I have no time for homophobes. They can rot in Folau's imagined hell along with the racists and the misogynists.

But again, if you can bash women, curbstomp men, and commit violent break & enters and get a 2nd chance, then surely you can get a fresh start in the NRL over a few mean words.

Just make his contract black and white by stating that any further homophobic tweets will result in instant dismissal.

This is pretty much my stance. Also I think a lot of people on this forum underestimate just how much of an impact those issues have had. I know a few people who have given up on league as a result and I know it has turned me off the game quite a bit.

Seeing people like Lodge not only allowed to play but seemingly rewarded makes me not want to support the game.

Rugby League should accept Israel Folau for what he is -- a great running full back. Given the shortage of such talents in the NRL -- only James Tedesco, Kalyn Ponga, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, and the Serbian star Tom Trbojevic measure up -- then the NRL should welcome him back. But I agree that he should be banned from Twitter and Facebook posting as a condition of his return.

billygilmore

Juniors
Bloody idiot, would have been better of drink driving, dobbing himself in, bash a few people then glass his girlfriend. Cops then find him sitting on his roof drinking a Bacardi breezer popping peptides, eccys and injecting calf blood whilst pissing in is own mouth and receiving head from a dog.
As the cops carry him off they ask him what the letters F.M.B written on his strapping mean to which he replies “oh that, that just means Free Martin Bryant, you know”.
The cops reply “haha all good mate, you are gonna be in a bit of trouble here though, seriously you’re looking at at least missing a few games and receiving a bit of a fine dude but hey, could have been worse, at least you didn’t get on social media and tell us that gay folk are gonna burn in an imaginary hell, it’s not like you’re a complete monster”

SBD82

Coach
Bloody idiot, would have been better of drink driving, dobbing himself in, bash a few people then glass his girlfriend. Cops then find him sitting on his roof drinking a Bacardi breezer popping peptides, eccys and injecting calf blood whilst pissing in is own mouth and receiving head from a dog.
As the cops carry him off they ask him what the letters F.M.B written on his strapping mean to which he replies “oh that, that just means Free Martin Bryant, you know”.
The cops reply “haha all good mate, you are gonna be in a bit of trouble here though, seriously you’re looking at at least missing a few games and receiving a bit of a fine dude but hey, could have been worse, at least you didn’t get on social media and tell us that gay folk are gonna burn in an imaginary hell, it’s not like you’re a complete monster”
For all their inconsistency, there is one area that the NRL have always been consistent on: players who show no contrition are dealt with harshly.

Folau has said that he knew the post would cause offence, that he will not be taking it down, and that he will not guarantee that he won’t post similar things in the future.

mave

Coach
For all their inconsistency, there is one area that the NRL have always been consistent on: players who show no contrition are dealt with harshly.

Agreed.
The more contrite you are, the more character references from the CEO you get.

Latest posts