What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
A useful win for us tonight.

A bye next week then an away game to the Warriors but after that we have 3 home games in a row.
Titans, Dragons and the Raiders followed by an away game against the Bulldogs. Not a bad run.
You would hope we win 3 of those and maybe all 5.
10 points gets us right back in the finals race.

The Realist

Juniors
A useful win for us tonight.

A bye next week then an away game to the Warriors but after that we have 3 home games in a row.
Titans, Dragons and the Raiders followed by an away game against the Bulldogs. Not a bad run.
You would hope we win 3 of those and maybe all 5.
10 points gets us right back in the finals race.

We need to win 4-5 of them but we also need to start winning by 13+ with an occasional 20+ blow out to eat into our terrible F/A.

Fangs

Coach
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/p...l/news-story/0034965045be5aecd3ee44f67cecdef4

'The 22-year-old’s case on Wednesday was adjourned to June 17 in Penrith Local Court by magistrate Geoffrey Hiatt, who formally disqualified himself from the matter “for the sake of fairness to all”.

Mr Hiatt revealed his father John Hiatt had previously served as the deputy chairman of the Penrith Panthers.

John Hiatt resigned as deputy chairman of the club in 2015. He had served on the Panthers board of directors since 2003 and was deputy chairman for six years.'

And here lies the issue with the no-fault stand down of players.

Potentially it could have been resolved today, now its adjourned to June 17.

Looking around for info. Is this still the case?

D-Day tomorrow for May.

The Realist

Juniors
Looking around for info. Is this still the case?

D-Day tomorrow for May.

Where does he fit in our team other than Utility? He can cover the halves, play a bit of Hooker (poorly) and can also slot into the back row (again not very good) at a pinch. Last year he looked like looked unfit and he was significantly slower than 2017. The 2017 version of him was very good and he could slot into the outside backs, now I just have no idea what his value with us would be other than depth?

Fangs

Coach
Where does he fit in our team other than Utility? He can cover the halves, play a bit of Hooker (poorly) and can also slot into the back row (again not very good) at a pinch. Last year he looked like looked unfit and he was significantly slower than 2017. The 2017 version of him was very good and he could slot into the outside backs, now I just have no idea what his value with us would be other than depth?

I don't really know either. But if this case plays out in his favour then he is in our top 30.

I believe he was pencilled in on the bench for round 1. After he was banned we decided to run with Katoa/Egan. So utility I guess.

I like him going down the Wade Graham line. Maybe a bit early for his age but I think he'd be a handful.

Most likely scenario is he gets a release.

He’s a lock or second rower in my view. He’s already listed as 95kg.

The Realist

Juniors
He’s a lock or second rower in my view. He’s already listed as 95kg.

Lock these days is a quasi prop, usually stockier, fitter, strong defensively and more skilful.

Graham was touted as a lock back when lock was an oversized 5/8, skilful and/or quick 2nd rower but just ended up a left side 2nd rower. This utilised his superb right to left passing skills.

In our squad May isn't powerful enough to play the modern lock, and he cannot displace Kikau on the Left edge.

Also I'd like to note that Blake Austin was also touted as a future lock, and is still a very good 5/8 (He still has speed).

My feeling is that May either moves on and/or his career stalls. My personal hope is that he finds his physical best, plays well and stays with us for cheap.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Unfortunately for May I think his time with us will be up after the court case.

The others involved have been moved on and once the legal process is done with the the same will happen to him.

Lock these days is a quasi prop, usually stockier, fitter, strong defensively and more skilful.

Graham was touted as a lock back when lock was an oversized 5/8, skilful and/or quick 2nd rower but just ended up a left side 2nd rower. This utilised his superb right to left passing skills.

In our squad May isn't powerful enough to play the modern lock, and he cannot displace Kikau on the Left edge.

Also I'd like to note that Blake Austin was also touted as a future lock, and is still a very good 5/8 (He still has speed).

My feeling is that May either moves on and/or his career stalls. My personal hope is that he finds his physical best, plays well and stays with us for cheap.

There’s still a few smaller locks around, Cam Murray comes to mind, and Ivan has a history of playing smaller locks.

age.s

First Grade
I've always thought May would make a good centre. About the right size with excellent footwork and a bit of skill.

Phillips and Coleman. They were in one of the tapes. Although both left for other reasons.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Philips definitely wasn’t going to be dumped because of the tapes. Took the DUI, and Coleman had other charges.

I don’t think it’s a given May will be gone if he’s found not guilty. If he’s guilty he definitely will be gone I’d say.