What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

TheFrog

Coach
Some article said:
'Penrith utility Tyrone May could learn his NRL fate today when he faces charges of filming and disseminating sexual acts without consent in court.'

You'd think he could find a better place to do such things.

Try the veal.

Fangs

Coach
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/p...l/news-story/0034965045be5aecd3ee44f67cecdef4

'The 22-year-old’s case on Wednesday was adjourned to June 17 in Penrith Local Court by magistrate Geoffrey Hiatt, who formally disqualified himself from the matter “for the sake of fairness to all”.

Mr Hiatt revealed his father John Hiatt had previously served as the deputy chairman of the Penrith Panthers.

John Hiatt resigned as deputy chairman of the club in 2015. He had served on the Panthers board of directors since 2003 and was deputy chairman for six years.'

And here lies the issue with the no-fault stand down of players.

Potentially it could have been resolved today, now its adjourned to June 17.

franklin2323

Immortal
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/p...l/news-story/0034965045be5aecd3ee44f67cecdef4

'The 22-year-old’s case on Wednesday was adjourned to June 17 in Penrith Local Court by magistrate Geoffrey Hiatt, who formally disqualified himself from the matter “for the sake of fairness to all”.

Mr Hiatt revealed his father John Hiatt had previously served as the deputy chairman of the Penrith Panthers.

John Hiatt resigned as deputy chairman of the club in 2015. He had served on the Panthers board of directors since 2003 and was deputy chairman for six years.'

These things always drag out. Doubt we see him this season for what is an offence unlikely to see jail time for too.

That is the big hole in the policy

Kilkenny

Coach

Today was the first mention date. Effectively nothing could have happened today other than potentially he enters a plea of guilty and expedites the date of sentence.

The June 17 date will also be a mention date only with the possibility of setting a hearing date assuming May enters a plea of guilty. Listing the matter for hearing would likely mean a date which could possibly be after the end of the season. I suspect the only way May makes it onto the field this season if De Belin if successful with his court proceedings currently have nothing to do with his outstanding criminal charges.

BxTom

Bench
Today was the first mention date. Effectively nothing could have happened today other than potentially he enters a plea of guilty and expedites the date of sentence.

The June 17 date will also be a mention date only with the possibility of setting a hearing date assuming May enters a plea of guilty. Listing the matter for hearing would likely mean a date which could possibly be after the end of the season. I suspect the only way May makes it onto the field this season if De Belin if successful with his court proceedings currently have nothing to do with his outstanding criminal charges.
It is a sign of our bloated, lazy and ineffective legal (not to be confused with the term justice) system that it takes months for a Judge to remove himself from the case. The judge knew that he had a possible conflict of interest when appointed to the case. Why was he no reassigned and a new Judge appointed then? I guess it pads out a case so that lawyers can make more money and keeps the fat cat Judges in a nice lazy lifestyle to which they have become accustomed.

kinghippo

Juniors
It is a sign of our bloated, lazy and ineffective legal (not to be confused with the term justice) system that it takes months for a Judge to remove himself from the case. The judge knew that he had a possible conflict of interest when appointed to the case. Why was he no reassigned and a new Judge appointed then? I guess it pads out a case so that lawyers can make more money and keeps the fat cat Judges in a nice lazy lifestyle to which they have become accustomed.
I was wondering about that yesterday, there was no mention in any articles asking the obvious question, why did it happen on his court date and not sooner?
Seems a monumental waste of time and money. You can guarantee all the legals got paid. The lawyers charge a hefty fee for a court appearance as well.

These things always drag out. Doubt we see him this season for what is an offence unlikely to see jail time for too.

That is the big hole in the policy

He could be back next week if the JdB decision goes against the NRL, it’ll all depend upon what the club wants to do at that point.

tonks

Juniors
He could be back next week if the JdB decision goes against the NRL, it’ll all depend upon what the club wants to do at that point.

He should have been sacked on the spot. Rather never see him in Panthers colours again personally.

Actions have consequences but these kids will never learn after constantly being slapped on the wrist for disgraceful actions.

Panfa

Juniors
Watching tyrone peacheys body language he looks like hes not interested at the titans and would love to come back to penrith but i dont think it will happen.

He should have been sacked on the spot. Rather never see him in Panthers colours again personally.

Actions have consequences but these kids will never learn after constantly being slapped on the wrist for disgraceful actions.

Sacked for what?

The panthers can’t investigate until the police investigation & trial is complete, you need to establish a breach of contract before you sack someone.

kinghippo

Juniors
Sacked for what?

The panthers can’t investigate until the police investigation & trial is complete, you need to establish a breach of contract before you sack someone.
Yeah, I don’t agree with the instant dismissal.
NRL can’t get a shoulder charge or head high tackle right at the judiciary let alone a complicated matter like what May is facing.

tonks

Juniors
Sacked for what?

I'm pretty sure that secretly filming yourself having sex with another person. Sending it to all your mates to brag. It then ending up in the public arena for all and sundry to see. Followed by serious criminal charges.
Well that's more than grounds for breach of contract. Also something about bringing the club/league into disrepute?
Just my opinion.

I'm pretty sure that secretly filming yourself having sex with another person. Sending it to all your mates to brag. It then ending up in the public arena for all and sundry to see. Followed by serious criminal charges.
Well that's more than grounds for breach of contract. Also something about bringing the club/league into disrepute?
Just my opinion.

Except it hasn’t been proven that he did what you say, that’s the point.

Sacking him before you can prove there’s been a breach could open the club to legal action.

tonks

Juniors
Except it hasn’t been proven that he did what you say, that’s the point.

Sacking him before you can prove there’s been a breach could open the club to legal action.

Hasn't been proven? It's on video ffs. He proved it himself via his own stupidity.

The video is public. Panthers brand splashed all over the media in a negative light. The club brought into disrepute by those dopey actions. Goodbye Tyrone.

Easy.

Hasn't been proven? It's on video ffs. He proved it himself via his own stupidity.

The video is public. Panthers brand splashed all over the media in a negative light. The club brought into disrepute by those dopey actions. Goodbye Tyrone.

Easy.

It hasn't been proven that he leaked it, it hasn't been proven that he filmed against her knowledge.

Lets say it was consensual & someone else somehow leaked it, why does he deserve to be sacked in that instance?

tonks

Juniors
It hasn't been proven that he leaked it, it hasn't been proven that he filmed against her knowledge.

Lets say it was consensual & someone else somehow leaked it, why does he deserve to be sacked in that instance?

Possibly because he was the one who filmed it :rolleyes:

You are after all responsible for your own actions. I don't think there's an argument that he shared it amongst his mates in a group on some social media platform. Just coz that group was private doesn't absolve him of any blame. He shared it in the first place. Whatever happens from there, the blame lies at his feet.

If I say to you "Don't tell anyone, but John Smith is a @#%&". And you tell your mate barry, who tells his mate Johnno... Is that now not my fault as I told you not to tell anyone?

Latest posts