What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

Iafeta

Referee
I can forgive the bloke for what he said online, but to ask for a hand out to mount a legal case really pisses me off. The people donating piss me off even more.

Like Drew Mitchell said (and bloody good on him) there are far more worthy causes (Folau’s isn’t even a 1 on the scale). Kids dying from terrible diseases, suffering from poverty etc. People suffering from natural disasters. Even the average joe, would be over the moon if people donated over $300k (and rising) to them. But nah, his cretin who is a multimillionaire needs it more.

If he’s such a devout Christian how come he doesn’t know about “greed” being a deadly sin? f**kin plonker!

Morgan Turinuis tweet says it all.

The image of Folaus fund raising at the top of the tree today, the next three are people fighting for their life.

How unchristian is that?

I’ve got to think he must be super dumbass and easily manipulated by god botherers who know how fragile his muppet mind is

AJB1102

First Grade
He has earned millions from his playing contracts and endorsements. He owns flash cars and houses.

Exactly. I seen his begging video, pleads that he and his wife (also a pro sportsperson) are out of pocket $100k. boo-f**ken-hoo!

He'd be laxing in a mansion tonight watching his go fund me tick over to help him "stand up for god" - then there will be parents of dying children in hospital wards hoping their's ticks over enough to try and fight the cancer Izzy's imaginary friend, in all his wisdom, bestowed on their child who hasn't even had the time to grow enough to either accept or deny "god".

jim_57

Staff member
I get that people can donate money to whoever they like but for a high profile sportsman who would have to be a multi-millionaire to open a gofundme and accept the money is disgraceful. All to defend his own stupidity.

If this douche has any trace of humanity left he would donate all money raised to actual worthwhile causes, not himself or his church.

Germ.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Alan Jones
the Aaln Jones that was arrested in 1988 for public indecency with another man in a toilet in London and had big hitters help him get off. The same Alan Jones that was under investigation by N.S.W police for child grooming.

Alan Jones is right wind scum.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/the-demons-that-drive-alan-jones-20061021-gdone7.html
https://www.change.org/p/alan-jones-groomed-school-boys-time-for-the-royal-commission-to-investigate
https://kangaroocourtofaustralia.co...-why-has-he-never-been-charged-with-grooming/

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
Right you are.

Using a public platform to say that people are going to hell if they don’t agree with you? Definitely not bigotry.

Suggesting that’s a shitty thing to say? Total bigot.
You do realise the problem with this position, don't you? Those who don't agree with him, don't believe in heaven and hell, or sin as it is presented in scriptures. So either you and all who are/claim to be offended are confecting outrage in order to punish the bloke, or deep down you fear he is right. So which is it?

SBD82

Coach
You do realise the problem with this position, don't you? Those who don't agree with him, don't believe in heaven and hell, or sin as it is presented in scriptures. So either you and all who are/claim to be offended are confecting outrage in order to punish the bloke, or deep down you fear he is right. So which is it?
I’m happy to debate the situation in good faith, but you’ve created a false dichotomy, and I utterly reject it.

Do you think that Israel made his comments out of love for his fellow man? Do you think he was trying to emulate the loving and inclusive qualities that are ascribed to his messiah?

I can say that he is acting like a merkin without wanting to see him censored or punished.

He still has his platform on Instagram, but the ARU have chosen to not have him represent their organisation when he is targeting vulnerable members of our community. They have no responsibility to provide Israel with a greater platform to be a hateful merkin.

A truly secular society allows both the freedom of religion, and the freedom from religion. Israel is exercising his rights under the freedom of religion to espouse his hateful rhetoric. The ARU are exercising their right in their freedom from religion to not have those hateful views represent their organisation.

I don’t want the government to have the right to silence Israel on the offending post.

I also don’t want the government to have the right to force the ARU to provide a platform for his hateful views.

Tiger5150

Bench
I have had some sympathy for Folau from a "freedom of Speech/Expression of Religion" POV but he has burned that with me and Im sure with most others with his GoFundMe. Bad idea

T-Boon

Coach
He seems like a pretty strong willed guy. I usually worry about these individuals who suddenly have the whole pack turn on them like a bunch of hyenas, but I think Izzy is up for it. I would definately have him at Parra but he would need to hand control of all his social media to a PR team. Plus never do any public speeking.

T-Boon

Coach
I have had some sympathy for Folau from a "freedom of Speech/Expression of Religion" POV but he has burned that with me and Im sure with most others with his GoFundMe. Bad idea

Why? he is cleaning up. Sounds good to me, I might get in on it.

Pommy

Coach

But his freedom of speech and expression of religion was never in question. Nobody has deleted his tweets or pulled him from the pulpit.

Pommy

Coach

I know of big churchies who don’t agree with him either.
If Christ was alive today would he be posting this shite on Instagram? It just doesn’t seem like a very Christian thing to me.