What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Wests Tigers @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 23: Wests Tigers v Knights

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seage

Juniors
Bet we come out all guns blazing next week and play with Storm-level quality when there is no expectation and the season is dead.

perverse

Referee
Low bar if making 50m and 20 tackles a game is doing well. But it is the knights I guess.
I get what you're saying, a lot of his runs are tackle 1 or 2 out of our end, though. The quantity isn't there though for sure. Still, our defense was sound during that period. We're absolutely munted all over the field at the moment.

perverse

Referee
Bet we come out all guns blazing next week and play with Storm-level quality when there is no expectation and the season is dead.
Don't count on it, we're cooked mentally. I'd give it a coin flip whether they'll even bother to show up for Old Boys.

Jono078

Referee
this kind of performance really is a concern because it does start to make you wonder if another “re-build” is necessary. There’s a lot of pointing and blokes waiting for someone else to do the dirty work.

Seage

Juniors
Why are we so lethargic. It can't be from all the defense because we haven't completed any tackles.

perverse

Referee
Why are we so lethargic. It can't be from all the defense because we haven't completed any tackles.
They've given up on the game and the season. This is what we get now. I haven't seen anything from this team outside maybe a 4-6 week period that suggests they'll find some character and play for their own pride.

perverse

Referee
this kind of performance really is a concern because it does start to make you wonder if another “re-build” is necessary. There’s a lot of pointing and blokes waiting for someone else to do the dirty work.
There's plenty here to work with... but there needs to be some steel instilled into the team through a bit more recruitment and yeah, some new leadership from the coaching staff. The platform is there for the team to continue to improve under the right guidance.

Jono078

Referee
Well that's it for me. Refuse to watch them get 50.

I will not watch another Knights game this year. I actually hope no-one turns up for old boys day. They need to be shown that no, we're not turning up if they aren't.

aqua_duck

Coach
On the bright side if we're looking to re-sign Hunt he's pretty much halved in value tonight. After this game the question really has to be asked, who has a future in 1st grade and who doesn't