What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 V Newcastle

Flashstep

Juniors
Ponga has actually performed in Origin though...

Look I know Nathan is a touchy subject in our fanbase but lets be honest, Ponga is probably the most talented player the NRL has seen since Hayne, he was poor today but Ponga at his best is miles ahead of Cleary at his best.

franklin2323

Immortal
Ponga has actually performed in Origin though...

Look I know Nathan is a touchy subject in our fanbase but lets be honest, Ponga is probably the most talented player the NRL has seen since Hayne, he was poor today but Ponga at his best is miles ahead of Cleary at his best.

Look at his record overall not just one game

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Of which he had one try assist though. He won't score 4 tries every week so needs more to his game

I know we are very excited about towelling up a team today but we need to look back at the season as a whole.

We had more touches in the opposition's 20m zone than any team by a country mile for example.

Fangs

Coach
If its Ponga v Cleary I'll take stinky every day of the week.

Though right now its a classic tortoise and the hare scenario. One is just a superior player but has had an awful end to the season. Will catch up with him eventually unless his attitude changes.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I must say it was a pleasant surprise

Growth of the membership base is the key. Fans that have converted to members may not have gone to a game like that before.

Now they are members they have their ticket so they make the effort.

mxlegend99

Referee
Nathan Cleary stats:
4 tries
9/9 goals
3 linebreaks
1 try assist
143m gained
9 tackle breaks
2.91s play the ball speed when merkins actually stopped him

Broke a record which was set 9 years ago and is unlikely to be broken in the next decade.

He's not perfect. No player is. But f**k me dead that's a hell of a game.

Marky Mark

Juniors
Nathan Cleary stats:
4 tries
9/9 goals
3 linebreaks
1 try assist
143m gained
9 tackle breaks
2.91s play the ball speed when merkins actually stopped him

Broke a record which was set 9 years ago and is unlikely to be broken in the next decade.

He's not perfect. No player is. But f**k me dead that's a hell of a game.
Yeah, he had a great game but should be doing that more often than not on 1 million a season.

franklin2323

Immortal
I know we are very excited about towelling up a team today but we need to look back at the season as a whole.

We had more touches in the opposition's 20m zone than any team by a country mile for example.

Not just inside the 20. I can't remember Cleary kicking for the corner or anything. Seems a bomb or grubber or to someone in the back 3.

Still has plenty of time to improve but personally I think he better last year than this year which is a concern

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Whether they stay if next year is poor again

Yeah money is tight out west for a lot of families. It's not cheap to have a family membership with reserved seats.

If we have a bad year, footy memberships will be one of the first things taken off the family budget.

Kilkenny

Coach

Today was nice, it was enjoyable, but at the end of the day it meant nothing.

10Grand

Juniors
Fans like you are the reason we've been so bad for most of our history.

We do not demand excellence enough and posts like this sum it up.

The people on here, like me, analysing Nathan's game have been highlighting things he needs to improve on for us to win a premiership. That should be the goal. His running game and effort has always been strong and he showed that today.

But then we have fans like you getting excited about winning a playoff for 10th against a team who clearly did not try today. It was one of the most diabolical defensive efforts I've ever seen.

They also went down to 12 men at one stage and played the whole second half with 15 fit blokes.
Mate You have criticised Nathan and Ivan repeatedly at every opportunity,we think we fans don't realise that it was a nothing game against Knights but I can bet you if knights wom you would be calling for their heads like you do every frikin day even when Ivan had not coached a game this season,your bias towards them is legendry.Iam upset and hurt by what our season has dished out and there has been so many reasons but you on the other hand just have a go at Clearys,You think the sun shines out of Maloney's you know what but as much has his a very likeable dude he has issues that hasn't helped us.Junior Paulo has a try assists and you mock Nathan.You make me laugh with fans like me jab maybe we should all become like you and not be happy with a good win where our 21 year old half played out of his skin.Do you know why Iam 10 Grand its because when the rest of the world gave us no chance to win the GF in 2003 I put a lazy hundred at 100 to 1.I might be a better judge then you give me credit for.

Flashstep

Juniors
Mate You have criticised Nathan and Ivan repeatedly at every opportunity,we think we fans don't realise that it was a nothing game against Knights but I can bet you if knights wom you would be calling for their heads like you do every frikin day even when Ivan had not coached a game this season,your bias towards them is legendry.Iam upset and hurt by what our season has dished out and there has been so many reasons but you on the other hand just have a go at Clearys,You think the sun shines out of Maloney's you know what but as much has his a very likeable dude he has issues that hasn't helped us.Junior Paulo has a try assists and you mock Nathan.You make me laugh with fans like me jab maybe we should all become like you and not be happy with a good win where our 21 year old half played out of his skin.Do you know why Iam 10 Grand its because when the rest of the world gave us no chance to win the GF in 2003 I put a lazy hundred at 100 to 1.I might be a better judge then you give me credit for.

Damn you have the best backstory for a forum alias I have ever seen