What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

Fangs

Coach
If Walker does come, he can even fill-in comfortably at five-eight behind Luai or Burton if need be. He seems to be doing a pretty good job of it at the Chip Stealers.

Des Hasler can get anyone to play five-eighth well. He is the master at turning shit players in star sixes.

Not that Walker is shit though. Excellent footballer. Similar to Wighton in that they are both very skillful. Not a great defender but a massive upgrade on Naden in that regard.

franklin2323

Immortal
Des Hasler can get anyone to play five-eighth well. He is the master at turning shit players in star sixes.

Not that Walker is shit though. Excellent footballer. Similar to Wighton in that they are both very skillful. Not a great defender but a massive upgrade on Naden in that regard.

An upgrade is all we really need

franklin2323

Immortal
For anyone who thinks Api isnt going to improve our side... hope they're watching this. A couple of sharp runs early on... one for a try.

He might not have more try assists then our current hookers. But he can generate momentum which is the area our hookers suck at.

No even try assists has ours covered. Of course Api will help but we have more holes to fix so him alone won't fix us but a good start

franklin2323

Immortal
I have serious reservations over Dylan Walker as a person but he’s a good attacking centre, if he can score 15 tries next year I’ll gove him the benefit.

Either way a hooker, centre and apparently a new prop also to go with a new attacking coach...whoever is running the show can at least see where the issues are, hopefully these signings turn out to be good ones, on paper they all look good imo.

Plenty of good sport stars are pricks. I wouldn't want my girls dating them but the aim is to win games afterall

franklin2323

Immortal
I understand that mate, but Wade Egan, touted as a youngster as the next Cameron Smith, albeit prematurely, has been a victim of poor coaching.

As a consequence we have gone into the marketplace and apparently been forced into recruiting a dummy half on probably 500K a season when perhaps he may not be any better than what we already had.

The irony could be Cameron Smith retires, we let Egan leave to go the Storm and Craig Bellamy’s actually turns Egan into the next Cameron Smith. Would surprise none of us.

Our lack of adequate or decent coaching in recent seasons has been a major factor in why the in the likes of Egan, Blake, Kikau, Leota to name a few who haven’t reached anywhere near what they are capable off.

I doubt we are paying that much for him next year. Given Manly wanted him out if done right they would be chipping in before the Turbo upgrades kick in

Abacus

Juniors
Does anyone see the Panthers' 2020 season being anything other than an utter pile of steaming dung?

I'm genuinely looking for upside - please help!

OldPanther

Coach
Does anyone see the Panthers' 2020 season being anything other than an utter pile of steaming dung?

Maloney won't be missing tackles and giving away penalties. Api will provide some energy from hooker. Spencer Lenui and some other good impact forwards like Martin will be a bigger part of the team as we balance the pack better. Luai and Burton will compliment Cleary well.

Depends on few things.

How much some of the younger players develop over the pre season.

How much impact Barrett can have as our attack coach.

Who we recruit. A decent centre and a prop with impact would be a good start.

Bob

Juniors
Depends on few things.

How much some of the younger players develop over the pre season.

How much impact Barrett can have as our attack coach.

Who we recruit. A decent centre and a prop with impact would be a good start.
I’d like to see us replace Hayden Knowles and have a go at getting Alex Corvo on board, as long as Ivan doesn’t bring back Ronnie who has just been let go by the Tigers

Dave's mate

Juniors
Can't believe you think Canberra are ordinary. Id love that forward pack Rapana their fullback. They can beat Melbourne they beat us lately. Hope they win it
A reserve grade 7 and a centre at 5/8. Yes they have good players elsewhere but a team like that shouldn't make a GF

Fangs

Coach
Penrith would have lost last night's game by 50 to Canberra.

I've never seen that type of effort from the Panthers in my lifetime. It's boys and men stuff. What I'd give to see Penrith defend like that.