What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

typicalfan

Coach
Rubbish, this has been handled very poorly by Latrell.
A player nearing the end of his contract trying to get himself the best contract for the future. So something very normal in professional sports.

Let's see how it ends before judging how well someone has handled it.

Canard

Immortal
Which he didn't. The club moved heaven and earth for him, on a regular basis. I have on the best authority that on any given week, Robbo spent as much time on a one on one basis with Latrell as he did with the rest of the team put together, getting him ready for matches. Every time he felt homesick, he would be allowed to head back to Taree to be with his family.

The club helped with getting a job for his brother, put him in their top 30 for 2019, despite being 150kgs. His brother decided he wanted to try for an NFL career instead and did his hamstring at the first session, in Australia in front of talent scouts lol.. His family then complained that the Roosters didn't do enough for his brother.

Latrell was doing fine last season before splitting with his manager. He was already getting people in his ear telling him he was underpaid, so he hooked up with a new manager, whom he has fallen out with. He he has had 2 other management teams also approaching clubs on his behalf since the finals began, it is a shit storm that he has got himself involved with.

"I have it on good authority" is always a sign that the next few sentences are going to be complete horseshit.

betcats

Referee
A player nearing the end of his contract trying to get himself the best contract for the future. So something very normal in professional sports.

Let's see how it ends before judging how well someone has handled it.

Na, he is handling it poorly imo. How does he have so few options? When he was still talking to the roosters and when the dogs hadn’t gone cold was when he should’ve got taken the best offer.What are they negotiating now? Has his manager just been ringing around trying to get a bite off any club so they can go back to the tigers and ask for more? He can get an extra 300k per from the titans over the roosters offer and it will still end up hurting his earnings in the long run. For a player of his talent to have such limited options is pretty ridiculous, especially when of those options is a career killer.

betcats

Referee
Which he didn't. The club moved heaven and earth for him, on a regular basis. I have on the best authority that on any given week, Robbo spent as much time on a one on one basis with Latrell as he did with the rest of the team put together, getting him ready for matches. Every time he felt homesick, he would be allowed to head back to Taree to be with his family.

The club helped with getting a job for his brother, put him in their top 30 for 2019, despite being 150kgs. His brother decided he wanted to try for an NFL career instead and did his hamstring at the first session, in Australia in front of talent scouts lol.. His family then complained that the Roosters didn't do enough for his brother.

Latrell was doing fine last season before splitting with his manager. He was already getting people in his ear telling him he was underpaid, so he hooked up with a new manager, whom he has fallen out with. He he has had 2 other management teams also approaching clubs on his behalf since the finals began, it is a shit storm that he has got himself involved with.

I had no idea they gave his brother an nrl contract hahaha WTF! In 12 months hes gone from having his brother in the squad just to keep him happy to not being wanted at all.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Na, he is handling it poorly imo. How does he have so few options? When he was still talking to the roosters and when the dogs hadn’t gone cold was when he should’ve got taken the best offer.What are they negotiating now? Has his manager just been ringing around trying to get a bite off any club so they can go back to the tigers and ask for more? He can get an extra 300k per from the titans over the roosters offer and it will still end up hurting his earnings in the long run. For a player of his talent to have such limited options is pretty ridiculous, especially when of those options is a career killer.

Not very nice the tigers aren’t that bad

typicalfan

Coach
I wouldn't know but mainstream media usually don't either. Some teams might need to part ways with talent to offer him the cash and there is heaps of time to go, nearly 12 months.

betcats

Referee
I wouldn't know but mainstream media usually don't either. Some teams might need to part ways with talent to offer him the cash and there is heaps of time to go, nearly 12 months.

Yes there could be more to it behind the scenes and I could be completely wrong but it just seems to be dragging out because he wants more than he can get. The roosters withdrawing that offer hurts his negotiating position quite a bit and opens up the question, why does the best run club not want him anymore?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The media makes up stories about Latrell

Latrell does nothing

Media makes up more stories

Latrell does nothing

Media makes up stories about the stories in the media about Latrell

Latrell still does nothing.

The media is the problem here. No one else. Yet they're trying to make out as if Latrell is an indecisive prick

no doubt you are referring to our good mate the Bulldog

This is what happens when you are forced to put out so many articles per day, you just end up writing garbage

typicalfan

Coach
Yes there could be more to it behind the scenes and I could be completely wrong but it just seems to be dragging out because he wants more than he can get. The roosters withdrawing that offer hurts his negotiating position quite a bit and opens up the question, why does the best run club not want him anymore?[/QUOTE
Yes there could be more to it behind the scenes and I could be completely wrong but it just seems to be dragging out because he wants more than he can get. The roosters withdrawing that offer hurts his negotiating position quite a bit and opens up the question, why does the best run club not want him anymore?
3 ideas that don't involve mismanagement on Latrell's part.

A. Roosters are jilted
B. Latrell rejected 800k as a lowball bid knowing he could get more.
C. Latrell has fallen out with key people.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
why does the best run club not want him anymore?

Because he insulted the club by talking to other clubs during the finals series, then telling the club he was insulted by what they thought was a totally reasonable offer. He wanted and expected to be paid more than Tedesco, more than Keary (which $800K even is more than Keary is currently on), however he is not even close to being as important as those 2.

Rhyno

First Grade
Hope he signs with Souths or titans the meltdown in the tigers forum will be hilarious

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors

All of that simply backs up what I said.
The roosters went out of their way for him but he still wasn’t happy with that:bulb:

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Yeah, riiiight.

Club bends over backwards for him over multiple seasons, supports him both behind the scenes and publicly, even when they should have given him a good kick in the ring.

Totally f**king unhappy situation.

FMD.

I am not just mentioning this now because of your post, but you probably have the most apt username on this forum, because you are always Spot On.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
All of that simply backs up what I said.
The roosters went out of their way for him but he still wasn’t happy with that:bulb:

BTW he is entitled like anyone else to test the market and if he gets an offer he likes elsewhere, take it. Even from Souths lol... however there is a way of going about it and parading yourselves around during finals time, when he is not even supposed to be talking to other clubs (it was someone from the Dogs, who not even their club was aware of happening) the week before the Grand Final was off.

Latest posts