What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

gerg

Juniors
and yes, i was reeponding to this

good to chat again though, havent heard from you since last off season when you were living in the tigers forum sprouting a panthers dynasty and laughing at clearly leaving our 'shambles of a club'

funny how you dissapered once the season started

I don't know why fans engage in this tit-for-tat competition to see which club has the better/worse merkins. They're all merkins - give them a beer and they'll be asking somebody to hold it before you can say 'Hold my beer'.

macnaz

Staff member
Ah well nothing much has changed for the W/T faithful Still a shambles of a club, always will be. I had some posts removed by your moderator . So I didn't disappear as such, but rather was put into exile.

Have fun with you're tin foil hat, and supporting a club with the longest final drought in the modern NRL.
Were you referring to me ?
If so I had explained the reason I did so , and secondly you agreed at the time , and thirdly I have no objection to anyone posting on the WT's but when it just becomes meaningless crap that ends up ruining threads I will moderate . I even do that to our own fans when shit goes astray.

axl rose

Bench
In another article about Mitchell and the Titans, it was saying how a proud Aboriginal man aka Meninga will be the right connection for Mitchell to move to the Titans

Awkward considering how Mal isn’t even aboriginal
Nice research. Though in fairness, Smellmefinger didn't know himself for most of his life.

AJB1102

First Grade
Nice research. Though in fairness, Smellmefinger didn't know himself for most of his life.

@King hit has an aversion to anything QLD, especially Mal it seems. Must suck extra hard feeling that way and being a QLD resident. Luckily I don't think he was old enough to witness first hand QLDs era of total domination under the leadership of Mighty Mal.

King hit

Coach
@King hit has an aversion to anything QLD, especially Mal it seems. Must suck extra hard feeling that way and being a QLD resident. Luckily I don't think he was old enough to witness first hand QLDs era of total domination under the leadership of Mighty Mal.
Seriously :unamused:

Just because I think some stuff Meninga says is completely hypocritical
/crazy and that he is very overrated as a coach is not attacks against him as a person. I’ve never met Meninga so I have no idea what he would be like. He is probably a good guy in person.

Aversion to anything QLD? I have nothing against any of the QLD clubs or any teams in the comp except for the Storm but that is mainly due to Cameron Smith and Bellamy to a small extent. Aversion to QLD haha except for the Maroons but that is pure origin rivalry and nothing more. Meninga didn’t actually Captain a series winning team btw. Lewis is the mighty leader.

Settle down

AJB1102

First Grade
Seriously :unamused:

Just because I think some stuff Meninga says is completely hypocritical
/crazy and that he is very overrated as a coach is not attacks against him as a person. I’ve never met Meninga so I have no idea what he would be like. He is probably a good guy in person.

Aversion to anything QLD? I have nothing against any of the QLD clubs or any teams in the comp except for the Storm but that is mainly due to Cameron Smith and Bellamy to a small extent. Aversion to QLD haha except for the Maroons but that is pure origin rivalry and nothing more. Meninga didn’t actually Captain a series winning team btw. Lewis is the mighty leader.

Settle down

Just stirring mate.

Mal was my favourite player as a little bloke but I agree he's a f**ken hypocrite, especially since becoming Kangaroos coach.

I was talking about Mal as QLD coach. I know, I know "he didn't coach em", "I coulda coached those legends with my eyes closed" etc etc. Doesn't matter, he was at the helm and even if he was just a figurehead he was a bloody successful one who blokes wanted to play and win for.

betcats

Referee
I really can’t believe the way this has played out, Latrell must have the dodgiest people pumping him up.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The media makes up stories about Latrell

Latrell does nothing

Media makes up more stories

Latrell does nothing

Media makes up stories about the stories in the media about Latrell

Latrell still does nothing.

The media is the problem here. No one else. Yet they're trying to make out as if Latrell is an indecisive prick

TheDalek079

Bench

Latrell does nothing

Latrell does nothing

The media is the problem here. No one else. Yet they're trying to make out as if Latrell is an indecisive prick

Yeah. Why should he be forced to make a decision immediately? He's allowed to take his time. 2021 is over a year away

betcats

Referee

Latrell does nothing

Latrell does nothing

Rubbish, this has been handled very poorly by Latrell.

Spot On

Coach
Longer this drags on the more it seems like he's getting some very poor advice from people trying to scab off his career.

That was evident as soon as Mundine was mentioned.

He turned down 800K to play with the best team in the comp and the one team he has a big chance of winning more comps with.

Bizarre.

But so were his efforts in Origin 1 and the social media issues.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
It’s not so bizarre if he hated being there

Which he didn't. The club moved heaven and earth for him, on a regular basis. I have on the best authority that on any given week, Robbo spent as much time on a one on one basis with Latrell as he did with the rest of the team put together, getting him ready for matches. Every time he felt homesick, he would be allowed to head back to Taree to be with his family.

The club helped with getting a job for his brother, put him in their top 30 for 2019, despite being 150kgs. His brother decided he wanted to try for an NFL career instead and did his hamstring at the first session, in Australia in front of talent scouts lol.. His family then complained that the Roosters didn't do enough for his brother.

Latrell was doing fine last season before splitting with his manager. He was already getting people in his ear telling him he was underpaid, so he hooked up with a new manager, whom he has fallen out with. He he has had 2 other management teams also approaching clubs on his behalf since the finals began, it is a shit storm that he has got himself involved with.

Latest posts