What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA Tiger

Bench
I told my wife last night 'if this happens im buying our daughter a Tigers jersey and getting 'lil Latrell girl' put on the back of it'.

The idea of even saying my favourite non-WT player could be joining WT just blows my mind. I love watching LM play. Why else would you even watch a Roosters game?
Me too..When he gets angry charging forward I get scared just watching on TV...and that was right from the start ..I havnt seen that anger matched with his level of devastation from anyone...

Tigerm

First Grade
I just hope to god this isn't some stand off between Latrell and Roosters just for him to get more money at Roosters....
Yes, it does seem strange that apparently we are the only ones who want him and are prepared to give him what he wants AND he still hasn't signed, supposedly.

I hope it is as Das states.

When does the main squad come back for preseason training?

The unknown

Juniors
Yes, it does seem strange that apparently we are the only ones who want him and are prepared to give him what he wants AND he still hasn't signed, supposedly.

I hope it is as Das states.

When does the main squad come back for preseason training?

Next Mon/Tues I'm pretty sure. The younger guys started back on the 17th I know that

Tigerm

First Grade
Next Mon/Tues I'm pretty sure. The younger guys started back on the 17th I know that
I thought that, so there is still time for a big announcement. But if it's going to happen I wish they would hurry the f**k up.
It was also reported on fox that Lomax is in Newcastle looking at there offer and amenities?

Roosters retention meeting:

1FEFD04E-926F-4DF9-8393-7B968EF67490.jpeg
Get Smart@ Cone of Silence @getsmarty !

“He can play for North’s” lol, keep the hate coming Nick.

Not only are you going to lose Latrell Roosters, you’re going to pay us for the privilege!

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
I wouldn't be surprised if we went cold on Lomax after we started chasing Latrell. Makes sense given Lomax is a goal kicking outside back, and if we get Latrell our goalkicking and backline is pretty much set (for now):
1. Latrell
2. Nofa
3. Momo
4. Mbye
5. Thompson

Not saying that these players are necessarily better than Lomax but I could understand if Tigers would rather persist with this given the $ we are spending on Latrell.

If we get Latrell I hope we supplement the signing with a 2nd rower and 1 or 2 middle forwards

I wouldn't be surprised if we went cold on Lomax after we started chasing Latrell. Makes sense given Lomax is a goal kicking outside back, and if we get Latrell our goalkicking and backline is pretty much set (for now):
1. Latrell
2. Nofa
3. Momo
4. Mbye
5. Thompson

Not saying that these players are necessarily better than Lomax but I could understand if Tigers would rather persist with this given the $ we are spending on Latrell.

If we get Latrell I hope we supplement the signing with a 2nd rower and 1 or 2 middle forwards

All players on, that’s a high quality backline.

The tension is killing us though. I hope it’s taking forever to clean up the press conference room and that’s all we are waiting for.

We have very wealthy sponsors, they love the club to death, plenty of third party loot.

Last edited:
We’ve finished with you latrell, you lazy self centred greedy dufus.

The roosters were absolutely right and I unreservedly apologise to Nick and Robbo.

I hope you enjoy norths next year.

You’re finished in this mans game.

In my defence, he didn’t reject us, we just got sick and tired of his meeting everyone and we pulled the offer.

But I’m duty bound to back Madge and the club and for better or worse I trust their judgment.

Latrine is now on a par with Ivan Cleary in my books.

At any rate, by withdrawing, we’ve damaged his financials big time.

Payback is swift and sure for those who cross the Tigers.

I hope his f**king big time agent is planning to shop at Aldi now. Using fuel-watch at least.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
We've withdrawn the offer but are open to renegotiations.

Personally, I say f**k him, unless we can pickup Latrell for a song.

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon this sucks. There are very few players in the comp with his ability. I love Ado-Carr but he doesn't have the same ability to influence a game as Latrell. I don't think we improve that much with JAC whereas with Latrell we improve a lot.

axl rose

Bench
Hooper writes something sensible? was bound to happen some day

https://tinyurl.com/yxxv2upt

What other option did they have? The Tigers rolled out the red carpet to try and woo Mitchell complete with coach Michael Maguire, CEO Justin Pascoe and head of football Adam Hartigan making the 630km round trip to the NSW north coast town of Taree.

They told him he would be the marquee man at Wests Tigers and wear the no.1 fullback jumper he so desires

After formally tabling a three year deal worth $3 million for 2021 and beyond - which would have been bumped up to four when he switched next season - Mitchell has left the Tigers hanging for 10 days.

So the club - too often used as a door mat by selfish interests in recent years - made the only play left.

They pulled the deal off the table.

There’s a sympathetic view of Mitchell’s situation beginning to be aired around rugby league.

Mitchell is still only 22-years-old and there’s a school of thought he’s got too many people in his ear and is understandably indecisive and misguided.

Latrell’s not the first 22-year-old who’s still figuring it all out. At the same time, not many young men have the natural footballing talent of Mitchell.

Sure, he’s worked damn hard to earn himself the opportunity to make very good money playing the game he loves.

Two premierships, State of Origin and Test match football have all been achieved in quick fire succession.

But this whole contract fiasco has painted Mitchell in an entirely new light.

Instead of the powerful centre with a lethal right-hand fend and the kangaroo ears try-celebration, he’s being painted as high maintenance and difficult.

The fact no other club has got an offer on the table says it all. Someone will pick him up but right now there is nothing there except some lavish praise from Kangaroos coach and Gold Coast king pin Mal Meninga.

So where does he go from here? As it stands at the moment he’s due to return to the Roosters on January 6.

If it drags on that long and Mitchell still hasn’t found an alternative club then the Roosters plan is to tell him to shake hands with North Sydney Bears reserve grade coach Jason Taylor.

The smart play was to stay at the club where you’ve won back-to-back premierships. The club which was going to make you the highest paid centre in the game on a deal worth $800,000 – a-season.

Instead, Latrell finds himself in limbo.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
I applaud the club for finally having the balls to consider the clubs future image for once in its life time , it has been well overdue.
I also applaud the club for doing it very smartly for a change. If Latrell signs elsewhere It wont look as though we were snubbed , but they also left the door ajar slightly so if the manager decides on Latrell's directive he does indeed want to stop the circus and join it's still very much on the cards.

macnaz

Staff member
On a side note, typical journalist's couldnt just report the fact we have withdrawn the offer , they had to add we are now looking at chasing JAD .

Fact is media dickheads , we can afford both!! So it has zero effect on LM's contract