What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

txta2

Bench
Gladys cutting funds and jobs in national parks around fuel reduction Rangers didn't help. Then she increased the area they have to manage. She was warned in June 2019.

Carcharious ,I understand what you are saying about wind tunnels. Heard fireys talk about topping fires and undergrowth fires as well.Fires passing through once and coming back etc. etc. I dont know if the wind tunnel stuff is more pronounced say if you got 1000 sq Ks of cleared land next to an overgrown ,dry area or if only 50 sq Ks. Fireys and people that study Wind , etc would have a good idea about those effects better than mine. Around here we had a Hail storm over a yr ago that stripped leaves off orchard and Eucalypts in the many gullies through the place .Still not fully recovered canopy. On the days with 40+ temp and hot dry wind I was packing it about fires coming up the gullies burning dry undergrowth and residue from hail storm and the oil filled eucalypt leaves left and the few new growth ones.Pretty much went into drought straight after Hailstorm. Few Clouds would come over and I was hoping for rain but packing it worrying about another Hail storm that would be end of me on this farm.

Anyway its ALL about ALL the contributing things to the fires ,drought , and weather that effects us ALL. There's ample evidence that murdoch press early on in fire season decided to concentrate reporting on People starting the fires and Greenies being responsible for undergrowth fueling the fires to take focus off climate change and more specifically , Mans effect on it with use of Fossil Fuels . One of Murdochs sons said as much .There's evidence some of his employees quit over it , one even left memos about it to colleagues in work mailboxes that got mysteriously removed. The "People starting fires" focus seems to have been abandoned now that its been revealed that only a couple % of the burnt area is actually result of firebugs. Too much certainly, but not significant to dismiss the effects of Global Warming.

Anyway All the things related to the fires are relevant . Politics cannot be separated from the discussion because the responses will be determined by Politicians . The 20 times of repeating you are not a denialist may as well be 20,000 for all it means to me .The end result of not holding Politicians accountable is the same. Reality should be if Politicians of any particular dogma are not held accountable and realise there are some tough and unpopular decisions that need to be made ,they will be gone. (Barnaby should go home and be the "cocky" he always dreamed about being). Sure the labor party is too beholding to Unions. But they are only realistic alternative in our system , and if elected one (the royal one ) would hope they got the message that they need to put Global warming as top priority.
Anyway I'm sure I've broken ALL your rules . I don't care. If I've broken any forum rules Im sure the forum police will delete it. Have a nice day!

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
Do you watch all 4 adventure?
The other week they showed a spot that had been destroyed by a cyclone.
Rainforest.
They said once the sunlight gets in and drys out the the forest floor the rain forest is gone.
All that under growth is f**ked.
It’ll just turn into low lying scrubby shit.

clearing land does the exact same thing.

as for trees not stopping wind.
Well if that were the case people wouldnt bother putting massive conifer wind breaks around their properties.

it’s just common sense that massive gaps in the vegetation will funnel wind through it.
That’ll fuel any fire through the edges.

same as heat
The ground will dry out .
It will get hotter.
If it is in the shade it has a chance.

get on google earth have a look from Syd to the west and down the coast the Bermagui.
It is scary how much has been wiped out for farming.

As I said
It’s a combination of a lot of things that have been a long time coming.
Not just this current PM’s fault.
This didn’t start in 2018.

Quigs

Immortal
He is our f**kwit and even if we paid anyone interested all of Scummo from Marketings wage they'd still knock back the transfer.

Sorry you Tory voting bastards, we shall reap what weez have sown.

Should of f**ked off the Happy Clapper years ago. Put him in the bin the same time we threw George out.

carcharias

Immortal
He is our f**kwit and even if we paid anyone interested all of Scummo from Marketings wage they'd still knock back the transfer.

Sorry you Tory voting bastards, we shall reap what weez have sown.

Should of f**ked off the Happy Clapper years ago. Put him in the bin the same time we threw George out.
They are all f**kwits
Keep the unco wankers as far away from us as we can.
Car salesmen man
Snake oil merchants

txta2

Bench
Ha. It would upset txta more if he voted labor
How so, I hate all politicians no matter what party. They are all mobsters working for the billionaires.
Looking forward to seeing the gas fracking extractors near Shark park.

Do you watch all 4 adventure?No.
The other week they showed a spot that had been destroyed by a cyclone.
Rainforest.
They said once the sunlight gets in and drys out the the forest floor the rain forest is gone.
All that under growth is f**ked.
It’ll just turn into low lying scrubby shit. I have 4000 Macadamia trees , They are rainforrest trees . they are at two different width rows Some blocks running NS some EW ,some on slopes some on flat , Try to keep ground cover grass for precisely that reason ,Retain Moisture ,keep ground cool . I spray Slash etc with a open tractor /no cab . so i see feel and here the wind and have an Idea of the effects . We have windbreaks one on south side is Tristaniopsis luscious, Through the middle NS is Messmate . Can be pretty strong wind say 20 knots blowing and feels pretty calm in the trees in middle , but you can see wind blowing tops . Pretty sure its not funneling it round the sides But thats all just speculation .In our horizontal Hailstorm only trees significantly protected by the southern windbreak was the outside row Like I said theres people study those aspects for a living .they're experts not me.Theres also Depts like DPI , Macadamia Society , Hort. Inovation etc that do all kinds of trials on all kinds of things.

clearing land does the exact same thing.

as for trees not stopping wind. They are not like a brick wall and Wind doesnt hit them and suddenly turn left or right,,but of course they effect the wind . Never said they didnt .
Well if that were the case people wouldnt bother putting massive conifer wind breaks around their properties.

it’s just common sense that massive gaps in the vegetation will funnel wind through it.
That’ll fuel any fire through the edges. Well a lot of lands been cleared for 100 yrs . and Fires never been this intense so I dont think it was THE major factor , but most probably a contributing factor.

same as heat
The ground will dry out .
It will get hotter.
If it is in the shade it has a chance. Getting into the Nahhhh!?? Duhhh!! sort of comments. Would be amongst the first things looked at by climatologists,if not the first.

get on google earth have a look from Syd to the west and down the coast the Bermagui.
It is scary how much has been wiped out for farming. Are you suggesting we go back to Sustainable Aboriginal ways ? I might point out those ways were sustainable only cause there was much smaller population and its unlikely we'll "willingly "go back to that.Undoubtedly need harder Govt controls that Barnaby "get govt out of my life" wont like

As I said
It’s a combination of a lot of things that have been a long time coming.
Not just this current PM’s fault. Who ever said that ? Having won an election though and getting warnings from fireys , farmers, climatoligists, etc he should have realised the urgency of getting started on some changes
This didn’t start in 2018.
FMD and Scomo and pals weren't born in 2018. They Should have had a clue by then but.

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
Gladys cutting funds and jobs in national parks around fuel reduction Rangers didn't help. Then she increased the area they have to manage. She was warned in June 2019.
Don’t worry all she’s done is sold off assets so she can build more user pay toll roads

Latest posts