What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

MugaB

Coach
Screenshot_20200204-141258_Samsung Internet.jpg now doesn't this look better?
Keep droning on about the poor sponsor, and their wishes, needs and rights to decide on how they want their big stupid green box , but its the knights club that is letting happen.
There are plenty of clubs don't ruin their jerseys just to suck up to sponsors, most clubs have a proper placement for the main sponsor, think of steggles with the roosters, st.george and stgeorge bank, toyota with cowboys, oak and the panthers, theres no dirty great big box, that has no relevance to the colors of said teams.
Their obsession with having NIB on the chest instead of below the stripes is baffling ,especially with newcastles iconic inaugural design, it should be one of the more sold out jerseys in rugby league, but unfortunately its not worth $100+ to the average punter,
It burns me how dumb some clubs are

Last edited:

Frailty

First Grade
View attachment 35852 now doesn't this look better?
Keep droning on about the poor sponsor, and their wishes, needs and rights to decide on how they want their big stupid green box , but its the knights club that is letting happen.
There are plenty of clubs don't ruin their jerseys to suck up to sponsors, especially with newcastles iconic inaugural design

So you would be happy for the club to receive less money in sponsorship to placate you? Because major companies will not be willing to spend money to have their brand changed.

What clubs have sponsors that don't ruin their jerseys? Is that a club decision or is that because the sponsors branding is more flexible to work on the jersey?

It's not about droning on about the poor sponsor. It's about having a realistic take on what the business of sport is actually like. If the club were to make no money from jersey sales because of the sponsors - I guarantee it would change.

So why should a club sacrifice sponsorship money when they wouldn't get the same back in merchandise sales?

Frailty

First Grade
BTW that yellow Henny Penny text was that business' logo at the time. It doesn't go with the jersey, and it never has.

MugaB

Coach
BTW that yellow Henny Penny text was that business' logo at the time. It doesn't go with the jersey, and it never has.
Yes it does, you know why, coz theres no dirty green box surrounding it, covering up the design, yellow henny penny never got in the way of the stripes, they even had yellow numbers for a bit too.
I mentioned a few clubs that don't let sponsors affect their merchandise income, in the same post you quoted, i was re editing to do that, but now have 2 unread post from you, redroning on about sponsors who have strict branding and how theyre feewings will hurt, if their demands arent met.
You'll have to reread it, im sure you were too busy teaching me how to be a realistic sports administrator, so that i can continue running my NRL club,
Geez go hug a tree, and find out which focus group you will join

Frailty

First Grade
Yes it does, you know why, coz theres no dirty green box surrounding it, covering up the design, yellow henny penny never got in the way of the stripes, they even had yellow numbers for a bit too.
I mentioned a few clubs that don't let sponsors affect their merchandise income, in the same post you quoted, i was re editing to do that, but now have 2 unread post from you, redroning on about sponsors who have strict branding and how theyre feewings will hurt, if their demands arent met.
You'll have to reread it, im sure you were too busy teaching me how to be a realistic sports administrator, so that i can continue running my NRL club,
Geez go hug a tree, and find out which focus group you will join

It's got nothing to do with feelings. It's got to do with business.

Now let's have a look at those clubs you added to your post:
  • Roosters & Steggles - Their logo is blue and white (interchangeable between the text and background). As such, they are about to use the background of the Roosters home and away jersey.
  • St George and St George Bank - Again, the colour scheme for St George bank is red and white making it easier on the Dragons home and away jerseys. Despite this, they still put a nice white box through the V on the home jersey.
  • Cowboys and Toyota - Uses a blue or white box so lines don't track behind the logo. As per trademark and patents of Toyota, focus is the shape and font rather than the colours. Despite this, they are still using the red logo on one of their jerseys (which has no relevance to the team).
  • Panthers and OAK - The logo for OAK Plus is kept intact. It maintains it's red colour scheme and it's trademark has nothing to do with a background.
So you either expect Newcastle Knights to say no to NIB's sponsorship money, which I'm sure is worth more than what Hunter Ports was bringing into the club (and even then they had a large white box on the away jersey), or you expect a company pumping lots of money into the club to be willing to change their branding.

But please, tell me about a sponsors "feewings" or how about i should "go hug a tree" whilst simultaneously whinging about a green box and that it "burns you" that clubs don't settle for you.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So you would be happy for the club to receive less money in sponsorship to placate you? Because major companies will not be willing to spend money to have their brand changed.

What clubs have sponsors that don't ruin their jerseys? Is that a club decision or is that because the sponsors branding is more flexible to work on the jersey?

It

Cash Converters are happy for their brand colour to be changed to suit the jersey. Looks 100 times better than some of the rubbish where they insist on keeping it as is. But it is owned by a Rugby League fan so no surprise!

stylebender

Juniors
This is to everyone but to sempmrh and stylebender in particular. Hit the post, The corner post, WackoJacko2456 and I are all avid jersey lovers. We want to know about the big news and ask the big questions about jerseys. That's us. So what's so bad about that? There's no evidence that the broncos are going to wear their home jersey instead of the nines jersey and we're just curious about the knights nines jersey as there is only 13 DAYS till the nines starts. So to everyone in this forum stop putting the hate on us and instead start helping us on our awesome journey with jerseys!
EPrRgqZUYAAoJCC

MugaB

Coach
It's got nothing to do with feelings. It's got to do with business.

Now let's have a look at those clubs you added to your post:
  • Roosters & Steggles - Their logo is blue and white (interchangeable between the text and background). As such, they are about to use the background of the Roosters home and away jersey.
  • St George and St George Bank - Again, the colour scheme for St George bank is red and white making it easier on the Dragons home and away jerseys. Despite this, they still put a nice white box through the V on the home jersey.
  • Cowboys and Toyota - Uses a blue or white box so lines don't track behind the logo. As per trademark and patents of Toyota, focus is the shape and font rather than the colours. Despite this, they are still using the red logo on one of their jerseys (which has no relevance to the team).
  • Panthers and OAK - The logo for OAK Plus is kept intact. It maintains it's red colour scheme and it's trademark has nothing to do with a background.
So you either expect Newcastle Knights to say no to NIB's sponsorship money, which I'm sure is worth more than what Hunter Ports was bringing into the club (and even then they had a large white box on the away jersey), or you expect a company pumping lots of money into the club to be willing to change their branding.

But please, tell me about a sponsors "feewings" or how about i should "go hug a tree" whilst simultaneously whinging about a green box and that it "burns you" that clubs don't settle for you.
So NIB will run away, or sue or take their billions away from Newcastle, if their green box demands are not met,
Grow up, stop defending companies that you really no nothing about,
Toyota has a red logo, so what, its not a big red box, correct, no one said NIB couldn't be green, or henny penny couldn't be yellow, or any sponsor be any color, just having a big green box wallpapered onto a jersey is a stupid look, they're not the only company that does it, TFH does it too.
Be padantic in all your quotes, but all your doing is showing how much of a tool you are, shouldn't you be at your next advertising seminar. Your a natural, you won me over, my eyes are open, I've seen the error of my ways, yes im going now to signup with NIB, coz i know it by the big green box you have
20200204_154452.jpg

kdalymc

Bench
are happy for their brand colour to be changed to suit the jersey.
Yep I'm sure they can, which we have seen at times. But sometimes the sponsor may refuse or the clubs don't care. We will never know.

Another example is something has happened somewhere for the eels to go from transparent box/similar colour box to white box...

Frailty

First Grade
So NIB will run away, or sue or take their billions away from Newcastle, if their green box demands are not met,
Grow up, stop defending companies that you really no nothing about,
Toyota has a red logo, so what, its not a big red box, correct, no one said NIB couldn't be green, or henny penny couldn't be yellow, or any sponsor be any color, just having a big green box wallpapered onto a jersey is a stupid look, they're not the only company that does it, TFH does it too.
Be padantic in all your quotes, but all your doing is showing how much of a tool you are, shouldn't you be at your next advertising seminar. Your a natural, you won me over, my eyes are open, I've seen the error of my ways, yes im going now to signup with NIB, coz i know it by the big green box you have
View attachment 35854

The irony of you telling someone to grow up.

The point is the background of NIB is part of their branding and their trademark. As is the yellow for TFH.
Part of NIB's sponsorship with Newcastle would be for their branding to used. If Newcastle didn't want to - that should be brought up in the negotiations, because otherwise it would likely be a breach of their contract.

MugaB

Coach
The point is the background of NIB is part of their branding and their trademark.
Really?? So why is it green text on a white background when i google it, surely it should be the other way round like they have on the jersey,
Screenshot_20200204-160246_Samsung Internet.jpg

You've made your point, we get that you think its a MUST do or die contract with the knights, now listen.... i dont give a fk, ive replied to you nonsensical crap for the past 2 hours, your a moron, all you done is state how its what NIB wants, who cares? I dont work for them, all we said was we wouldn't pay good money for a jersey that had a crap branding covering the bulk of the design, yet you still crap on about how the clubs will go bust, if they dont meet demands sponsors damn well defending it as if you hand slaped each individual NIB sticker on every jersey made, you posted about "how funny it is that the little people complain about trivial green boxes", and we still dont care, im not running a sports business, and i know why certain clubs and sponsors do what they do, but not only is it sheeet ugly, it wont make a profit from sales, your stating the obvious, im saying its in NIB interest to not mess with the design of a jersey.20200204_160033.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Perhaps we could all tone it down a little and debate the sponsorship display issue without the insults in any direction, cheers.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
For what it's worth, while I prefer sponsor integration like we see from Steggles, for example, I can understand why brands want their logo untouched in some cases. For nib, a green only or white only wordmark would not stand out as much as the current green box. Annoying look, sure, but it's not the first time Newcastle have had it:

Newcastle-Knights-1989-Retro-Jersey.gif

MugaB

Coach
Perhaps we could all tone it down a little and debate the sponsorship display issue without the insults in any direction, cheers.
Sorry timmah, drives me up the wall, when theres a repetitive quote master, constantly out to bait, when they are clearly off on their own tangent, we talk about creative decisions or in this case miss decisions, that as a whole would serve a better purpose, and then the "realists" come in and just crap on about how its business savy this way, and the reason it has to be this way, and you cant survive in this day and age without sucking up to a sponsor. and i get that, but please say it once if you have to.
But to keep on keeping on.....
For the record its not an issue being green, its and issue covering the design where it is, integrations for sponsors is great, they should all do it, its in both parties interest, but be smarter if you cant intergrate move it lower below the lines... something

mn_tibor

Juniors

No-one was saying you were definitely wrong, you just never gave any proof of your statement. Not even a "my mate's next door neighbor's auntie has a cousin who lives next to the ISC factory". You simply stated they wouldn't have a nines jersey like the world is supposed to trust your every word just because. Using a recently released club picture only shows that you guessed correctly, doesn't really prove that you had legitimate proof originally.

TheDalek079

Bench
Unibet is those green circles around the letters, yet on the Roosters home jersey it was only plain text without the green circles.

kdalymc

Bench
Unibet is those green circles around the letters, yet on the Roosters home jersey it was only plain text without the green circles.
yep there is defiently more to it
like i said
Yep I'm sure they can, which we have seen at times. But sometimes the sponsor may refuse or the clubs don't care. We will never know.

Another example is something has happened somewhere for the eels to go from transparent box/similar colour box to white box...

ALSO, are we all mising the real crime here- broncos no 9s jersey what the f**king f**k dickheads