What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
They are protecting themselves against possible media claims that they are soft on offences against women. There has already been an article by Neil Breen advocating a further suspension, so he'll be happy. It could have been worse, but honestly I think they should have allowed him to play reserve grade.

I was concerned that the nature of the crime. It could have been much worse.

TheFrog

Coach
According to Channel 9, she apparently faked the loss of 2 sets of twins to Josh,
is a serial scammer that has used 9 different aliases, has faked having cancer, faked a brain tumour, ripped off a number of other men, and even lied about her mother dieing and conned thousands out of Josh for fake funeral costs.
Certainly looks high maintenance in the pics.

OldPanther

Coach
Looks like the forum died :joy::

giphy.gif

Kilkenny

Coach
Looks like the no fault stand down is a good bullying device:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/cu...ing-over-footage-request-20200208-p53yzb.html

Curtis Scott's lawyer accuses NRL of 'bullying' over footage request

I could be wrong but given the Curtis Scott is a Police matter, he has been charged, I don’t see how even he should have a copy of the CCTV footage in question. He is entitled to copy of all the available evidence, which will include CCTV, once the prosecution is ordered by the court to serve a full brief of evidence on the defence. That may be weeks if not months away. The NRL would be the last to get hold of evidence such as CCTV given they are not part of the criminal justice process. Not quite sure I understand all these accusations.

Kilkenny

Coach
Having just got home from a few days in the Central West it is really disappointing when you read the story around Siosaia Vave. Country Rugby League is really struggling and you get an ex NRL player allegedly accepting a sign on fee, borrowing money from the club President of the club, Blayney Bears and then is a no show. That if true is a low act. Country RL is really struggling and that is the last thing they need.

betcats

Referee
Having just got home from a few days in the Central West it is really disappointing when you read the story around Siosaia Vave. Country Rugby League is really struggling and you get an ex NRL player allegedly accepting a sign on fee, borrowing money from the club President of the club, Blayney Bears and then is a no show. That if true is a low act. Country RL is really struggling and that is the last thing they need.

Yep it’s a dog act.

Dodgy

Juniors
Idk if anyone knows of me in other threads. But as someone who's not familiar with the complete history of the Penrith Panthers, I'm asking for some insights of the 1990 GF.

Tim Sheens is a Penrith legend. But was actually the coach of the Canberra Raiders against Penrith's first GF appearance.

Being from Melbourne, I can't remember this being a storyline, which it is. What was the talk at the time? How is he viewed amongst Penrith fans? What's his relationship with the club? How does the club view those GFs with him coaching the opposition?

Blues Riff

Bench
Idk if anyone knows of me in other threads. But as someone who's not familiar with the complete history of the Penrith Panthers, I'm asking for some insights of the 1990 GF.

Tim Sheens is a Penrith legend. But was actually the coach of the Canberra Raiders against Penrith's first GF appearance.

Being from Melbourne, I can't remember this being a storyline, which it is. What was the talk at the time? How is he viewed amongst Penrith fans? What's his relationship with the club? How does the club view those GFs with him coaching the opposition?
From my recollections, we were all aware of it at the time but it wasn't a big deal. Winning a comp was the main focus. Plenty of ex-Panthers out there. Always were, always will be.

Fangs

Coach
Griffin on Twitter? How will he have time to tweet between his other duties like re-arranging his miniature soldier collection? He prefers the Napoleonic era.

And that ceiling leak won't fix itself. I doubt we will see much tweeting.

Panfa

Juniors
Great video on the Panthers 9s tournament.Good insight into behind the scenes the boys were gutted they really wanted the title.Whoever put it together did a great job got to hear from the coaches and players on the sidelines.