What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

unKwn

Juniors
After a blessed time away from the game, and the club....I am suddenly suffering PTSD after looking at our 'predicted team' on the NRL website.

Have things really fallen apart this bad? That is the worst 1-5 (if that is indeed the team that runs out) i have seen in 35 years.

The forwards look good on paper, but the three-quarters are puke on paper.

I guess that explains the toilet paper shortage, people have been looking at our predicted team and have been convulsively expelling their bowels.

Whare should have gone 2 seasons ago, Mansour is finished, Naden is a moron, and Edwards throws pies, not passes.

The match this weekend will be academy award material in the horror genre.

And the recruitment...inexplicable! Another second rower/centre and a bench forward. Excuse me while i fetch up my breakfast.

P.s. Luai is another Joe Williams. But i guess he will be good cover for Burton when he is on NSW/Australian rep duties...
idk it was possible for someone to be this miserable until now

soc123_au

Staff member
Give the poor merkin a break. He is from South Australia after all. I used to enjoy his happy go lucky outlook on PI. It was a nice balance to offset the cheer squad when we were getting another spoon.

Kilkenny

Coach
Wesser fluked a few good years in a row. The rest of his career was pretty much garbage

Are you referring to Rhys Wesser who scored 113 tries in 170 odd games for us.

The only garbage is your statement. The guy was a freak and arguably our greatest ever fullbacks. In my 50 years of supporting this club I’ve never seen another player who electrified the crowd quite like Rhys. I’d throw in Amos Roberts but he only was here for one season.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Are you referring to Rhys Wesser who scored 113 tries in 170 odd games for us.

The only garbage is your statement. The guy was a freak and arguably our greatest ever fullbacks. In my 50 years of supporting this club I’ve never seen another player who electrified the crowd quite like Rhys. I’d throw in Amos Roberts but he only was here for one season.
Sure am apart from 2003 and 2004 he'd let in 2 for every one he scored

Kilkenny

Coach
Sure am apart from 2003 and 2004 he'd let in 2 for every one he scored

You really have no idea.

You’ve really outdone yourself with your assessment of Rhys Wesser.

Well done. Any semblance of credibility you may crave has finally been evaporated.

Dave's mate

Juniors
You really have no idea.

You’ve really outdone yourself with your assessment of Rhys Wesser.

Well done. Any semblance of credibility you may crave has finally been evaporated.
Such hurtful words from the man who thought we didn't need a hooker for 2020

OldPanther

Coach
I rate Matty Johns when he gets serious as an analyst so this is good news:

Edit: looks like the video won't post. Matty Johns giving Nathan a wrap on NRL 360 someone posted to Facebook.

Kilkenny

Coach
Such hurtful words from the man who thought we didn't need a hooker for 2020

I guess that is where we are so different in our viewpoints as fans. I much prefer to talk up our players for the most part, rather than choose to ‘bag’ them off as you are so fond of doing. Any way it would be interesting to know how many other long standing Panthers fans share you view that Rhys Wesser was pretty much ‘garbage’ for most of his time with us. I’ll go out on a limb here and suggest not too many. Most if not all will remember him fondly for the excitement machine that he was and those wonderful 113 tries that brought us so much joy. Shame that you only enjoyed but a few of them.

OldPanther

Coach
I guess that is where we are so different in our viewpoints as fans. I much prefer to talk up our players for the most part, rather than choose to ‘bag’ them off as you are so fond of doing. Any way it would be interesting to know how many other long standing Panthers fans share you view that Rhys Wesser was pretty much ‘garbage’ for most of his time with us. I’ll go out on a limb here and suggest not too many. Most if not all will remember him fondly for the excitement machine that he was and those wonderful 113 tries that brought us so much joy. Shame that you only enjoyed but a few of them.

Is it "bagging" if the person is just giving their honest assessment? We won't all agree and sometimes go too far with each other even.

Kilkenny

Coach
Is it "bagging" if the person is just giving their honest assessment? We won't all agree and sometimes go too far with each other even.

There is absolutely no reason to ‘bag’ a Panther legend. Rhys Wesser was an outstanding fullback, player, excitement machine, fan favourite and what Dave’s Mate wrote about him is frankly offensive, or should be, to any long standing Panthers fan. The suggestion that he was garbage for most of his time here is offensive and he deserves to be called out for what he is. Having said all that it is what Daves Mate craves, he enjoys the notoriety for what ever perverse reason. Not an opinion on his part just another of his moronic attention seeking comments.

Fangs

Coach
Wesser one of the top fullbacks in the world in his prime. 03-04 special years. Lockyer and Minichello the two other outstanding candidates. Its obvious who was number one there, bias aside I'd have to place him after Minichello as well. Prior to his back injuries he was extremely difficult to handle.

He was still a very good fullback in 05-06. There was a great match up between him and Slater at Penrith Stadium, both of them were sublime that night. His death came when Elliott arrived at Penrith and tried to turn him into a ball player. Poor decision.

Best fullback I've seen at Penrith.

Fangs

Coach
I should add, 19 tries from 22 games in 2002. Really excelled in an under performing side.

Kilkenny

Coach
Wesser one of the top fullbacks in the world in his prime. 03-04 special years. Lockyer and Minichello the two other outstanding candidates. Its obvious who was number one there, bias aside I'd have to place him after Minichello as well. Prior to his back injuries he was extremely difficult to handle.

He was still a very good fullback in 05-06. There was a great match up between him and Slater at Penrith Stadium, both of them were sublime that night. His death came when Elliott arrived at Penrith and tried to turn him into a ball player. Poor decision.

Best fullback I've seen at Penrith.

Without doubt best fullback in my 50 years of watching this club and at his best, in his prime was probably one of the best 5 players ever to play for us.

Dave's mate

Juniors
There is absolutely no reason to ‘bag’ a Panther legend. Rhys Wesser was an outstanding fullback, player, excitement machine, fan favourite and what Dave’s Mate wrote about him is frankly offensive, or should be, to any long standing Panthers fan. The suggestion that he was garbage for most of his time here is offensive and he deserves to be called out for what he is. Having said all that it is what Daves Mate craves, he enjoys the notoriety for what ever perverse reason. Not an opinion on his part just another of his moronic attention seeking comments.
Seek help sweetie